• Published 19th Sep 2023
  • 569 Views, 23 Comments

A Sunlit Dance - Reily



Sunset and Twilight try to get dates for a dance

  • ...
4
 23
 569

Chapter 5: Dancing Through the Chaos

Sunset and Twilight proceeded to walk back inside the auditorium with their arms interlocked; with Sunset bringing a couple of paper towels in tow.

Then looped back around to see Flash off to the side, with a stain forming on his tux.

"Here. Before it gets too gross." Sunset said, giving him the paper towels.

"Uh thanks I guess. Really sorry about all that, but hey at least you have your date."

The music slowed down and a smooth jazz theme started to play.

"Got to go, you two. Have fun." Flash said, walking away from the pair.

"One last dance before the king and queen of the prom are announced. Make it count,party people!"

DJ-Pon3 then proceeded to push Pinkie away from the DJ booth. Pinkie then made her way back to Fluttershy who was awkwardly waving.

"Sorry about that folks. But she's absolutely right. Have fun but not too much fun tonight!"

Now's your chance. Take your shot Twilight,Twilight thought to herself.


Twilight wrapped her arms around Sunset's face, then gave Sunset a peck on the lips.

Principal Celestia took to the microphone.

“Okay ladies and gentlemen. The moment we’ve been waiting for. In this envelope are the results for the King and Queen of the dance.”

Celestia ripped open the envelope and looked over the piece of paper multiple times, checking for some kind of mistake. No matter how she tried, she couldn’t find any obvious signs of tampering or manipulation.


“Okay students. In a shocking twist, there seems to be no king this year.”

The crowd murmured confused and everyone looked at each confused. "Did she just say two queens?" , One student whispered. Another said "Is this a mistake?". Among the crowd there were even a few loud cheers of “Yeah Sunset!”

“Settle down. According to the results, there are two queens. Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle. Come on up!”

Wha? What’s happening? Me and Sunset., Twilight thought to herself.

Hand in hand, they made their way to the front of the stage.

"I didn't really plan for this. I trust one of you two will be fine with the king sash?"

"It's fine. I'll take it."

Celestia gently placed the king sash onto Sunset , then gave the queen one to Twilight.

"Free cheers for Sunset and Twilight everyone."

The crowd applauded. The pair made their way back to the auditorium floor, as the music started back up for one last dance.

Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie quietly approached the royalty of the dance.

"Um good job Sunset. And hope you have fun." , Fluttershy said.

"I'll be sure to prepare an extra special party for you too. Especially if things go the way I think they're going. Don't do anything I wouldn't do. And don't do several things I would. " Pinkie said with a cheeky grin.

They waved goodbye and gave Sunset and Twilight some space.

"Oh Twilight, I have something to say to you," Sunset quietly whispered to Twilight.

Twilight's mind raced. Oh no. Does my breath stink? I knew I should have brought extra breath mints, but it's way too easy to lose stuff at events like these. Or what if Sunset's got a big announcement. I don't know if I'm ready.

"Yes, Sunset?" Twilight asked.

"Here's a proper kiss, you big dork."

Sunset proceeded to give Twilight a big wet kiss on the mouth, then poked Twilight on the nose.

"I love you."