• Published 22nd Dec 2023
  • 122 Views, 23 Comments

The Dark Below - WindigogoGadget



Hate protects a kingdom sealed deep, deep below.

  • ...
 23
 122

Joy?

What had it woken to?

Horns. Brass horns of war. It had only closed its eyes for a minute- It was so tired, it had been so hopeful. What happened? Had it all really gone to hell, in the blink of an eye again? Was all of this effort worthless? Was all of life truly so flawed as to go back to murdering each other right after escaping hell on earth?

Its eyes tore open and glanced around wildly across all of the world, and its focus fell upon a flag. Bright crimson, the color of poppies and fresh blood. Horns rang like sirens, and it felt its heart plummet as the brass criers of destruction stopped.

With the silence of the cry of war, the siren call of the dead would ring out. The war cry no doubt on its way. How. How could this happen? Did it not try hard enough? Was free-will truly a flaw? A moment of sickening weakness took it, and tears boiled in its eyes. Why? Why now? What had they'd done to deserve this?

United Forever, Through Friendship and Labor
Our Mighty Republics Will Ever Endure!

Our great Sovereign Union will live through the ages!
A Dream Of A People! Their Fortress- Secure!

No. No not again. Never again. It would stop them. It would. It would kill them- it would stop this madness, no matter how bad it hurt. It struggled to rid its body of the weight of incoming guilt, as it tried to rise from the fatigue that was taking far too long to clear from its bones. It cursed and spat as it choked on its bile. Why?

Long live our Sovereign Motherland!
Built by our dark and mighty hand!
Long live her creatures, united and free!

Strong! In our friendship- tried by fire!
Long may our crimson flag inspire!
Shine now in glory, for all that can see!

Confusion bounced in its brain. Why were they singing? Were they singing? Why? What was happening? What was going on? That was a song. Why would they sing before combat? Where- Where were the drums? The cacophony of violence? It damned its eyes, for it could not see properly. A common defect- one passed down from its creator. Heavy lids blinked as the eyes swerved in panic, unfocused, desperate, unknowing.

Through days dark and stormy, when great Chrysalis led us
our eyes saw the dark sun of freedom above!
And , our leader, his faith in the people- Inspiring us to build up the land that we love!

Stunned, Hatred paused to listen, listen to the music, the silence, and the choir of voices that erupted in passionate tones. So many had gathered here. More than it remembered. It could see thousands of hearts beating with joy, and it saw remnants of the old self littered amongst them partaking in their ensemble, their choir somber, yet celebratory. With a pause came the intervention of the chorus.

Long live our sovereign motherland!
built by our strong and mighty hands!

Long live her creatures, united and free!
Strong, in a friendship tried by fire!

Long may that crimson flag inspire!
Shining in glory, for all that can see!

We've fought for our future, destroy our invaders, and bring to a homeland, the laurels of fame!
Our glory will live in the memories of nations, and all generations will honor their names.

With an aching heart, Envy- The Leviathan, awoke, and joined in, undeserving, with a voice of strength and joy.

We'll fight for the future, destroy the invaders, and bring to our homeland, the laurels of fame!
Our glory now lives in the memories of nations, know all generations, shall honor his name!

Long live our Sovereign Motherland! Built by the ponies mighty hand!

Long live, dear ponies, united and free!

Strong in our friendship tried by fire!

Long may your crimson flags inspire.

Shine now, in glory, for all them to see!