• Published 13th Sep 2023
  • 367 Views, 16 Comments

Three walks of life in Equestria - autobotfan15



A human and his four bad neighbors from two sides of societies in Equestria.

  • ...
7
 16
 367

What does the Fox Think (Sparky's pov)

Another day another run as I got up from my small bed and looked up at my Daddy's bed. I look up at a clock and know he should be up with the number reading seven. I got up on the bed and walked over to his sleeping face. He's like a giant and I heard waking a locomotive is like waking a giant. I have to do it gently. I had only one way of doing it. I started licking his face. My first attempt ever was biting his nose but he woke up and got mad for a bit. He slowly stirred awake and looked at me with a smile. He rubbed my head and said "Morning silly girl."

I jumped off so he can get up and get ready for the day. This day is special, because from what I've overheard, the lavender unicorn invited us for some pet play day. Not sure what it involves but it sounds exciting. I wonder if this world has more foxes like me. Maybe, like him, I can make more friends than just ponies and a dragon. I even wonder if Fluttershy will be there. She's the only one who understands the words I say.

After what felt like a few hours I was ready to go and was waiting by the door. Daddy finally came down the stairs and picked me up with the scoop of one arm. We were soon out the door into the cool fresh air of Ponyville. Looking around I can see the spooky decorations have already been taken down. I knew what this means. Another long wait and another fun holiday comes along, but right now I need to focus on the fun day I'm about to have.

We soon came to the park where we saw the six ponies along with six more animals. An owl, a cat, a dog, a rabbit, a tortoise, and what I assumed was a baby alligator. Dad placed me on the ground and I immediately ran towards them. I often over hear dad talk about them but to see them looked like an exciting opportunity to meet new friends. The six animals looked to me as I skidded to a stop. "Hi" I said.

The animals looked at me for a bit until the dog walked up, sniffed me and suddenly started wagging her tail. "Howdy there! You must be Sparky! My handler told me all about you and Matthew! I'm Winona." She exclaimed.

I giggled a little as she sounded almost like the orange pony Applejack. She then turned to the others. "That there is Owlowiscious."

The Owl who was perched on the tortoise waved a wing. "Greetings and this fellow below me is Tank." He said referring to the tortoise who nodded.

Winona then turned to the cat. "That there is Opalescence, but we call her Opal for short."

"Charmed." Said the cat.

"That over there is Gummy." Said Winona who gestured to the little alligator.

"Be warned little fox, he's a bit of an odd ball like his owner." Said Opal.

Gummy blinked before speaking "What does it mean to be odd? Would it not be considered normal to not have-"

Suddenly the gators maw was snapped shut by a pair of paws belonging to the whiter rabbit who groaned in frustration. "Can it! It's too early for your confusing talk."

"And that's Angel." Finished Winona.

"More like Devil." Whispered Opal to the dog.

"HEY! I heard that!" He snapped as he hoped over to me and started looking me all over from my big ears to my tail. It's like he was inspecting me.

He then got up to my face with our noses touching. "So every creature is saying you're the next cutest thing. Well let me tell you something missy. You may have Fluttershy fooled with your cuteness but I'm her number one and you won't get her or me to work for you or your alien owner with your cuteness."

I stared awkwardly at the white rabbit before speaking. "But Daddy doesn't want anyone working for him." I said.

Angel laughed at me. "You call your owner Daddy?"

"Yeah? What do you call your owners?"

"Handler" Barked Winona.

"Lady" Said Opal.

"Mistress" hooted Owlowiscious.

"Laughter Guardian" Said Gummy while still staring blankly.

"Boss" said Tank.

Angel smirked and crossed his paws. "Servant or slave."

Winona laughed at him "No you don't. I heard you calling her momma that one time you stubbed your lucky foot."

I chuckled as Angel snapped his head towards the dog with a scowl. "I thought we agreed to never speak of that again."

I was about to say something when we heard a commotion from behind us. "And what gives you two the right to question what I do with my friends?"

I turned to see Daddy having what looked like an argument between the two neighbors. I call them the smelly neighbors because the big man smells like alcohol while his wife smells like cheap perfume. The big man just snorts at him. "There's nothing wrong with some of them but can't you see one of them is practically a walking pride flag? She has to be a-"

Daddy cut him off. "First of all, don't you dare finish that sentence when there are kids around. Secondly, just because she was born with a rainbow colored mane doesn't mean she's a representative of that community. Even if she was, that's no right to bully her like that."

I then had an idea as I looked to the Owl and the strange contraption that was on Tank. "Hey guys mind lending me a paw with something?"

Rainbow continued to argue with Cletus and Karen. "Look you guys. Yes, I was born with these colors but no i'm not gay but yes I do support the-"

"AH HA! I knew it you might as well be a closet-"

CHOMP!


"I can't believe you did that! And with those other animals too!"

What was Daddy's problem? He never liked those guys. All I did was get my new friends to help get them to leave us alone. Me, Tank, and Winona bit them while Opal scratched one of them. Angel even kicked one of them in the face. I guess that's why rabbit's feet are lucky. Owlowiscious did nothing but he did try and stop us from doing what we did to them. It only took Fluttershy's stare to stop us after attacking them for about thirty seconds.

Despite all that Daddy looked mad at me as we walked home. "I thought I trained you to not behave like a wild feral animal. You should be ashamed of yourself." He said.

Although for some reason as we left the park I could've sworn that despite Applejack and Rainbow looking disappointed in Tank and Winona they actually patted them in affection as we left. We walked until we got inside our home. After he closed the door I started to feel afraid. Was he gonna punish me?

He raised me up to his face where I saw his stern look. I began to tremble. But then I felt him embrace me against his chest. "Biting bullies for a friend of mine while making new friends. I'm so proud of you."

I snuggled him in return. I guess today really was a good day. I looked out the window at the setting sun and wondered if I'll see my new friends again tomorrow.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait but work has me busy as well as writers block. Then there's a new story in the brainstorming phase. Also you gotta admit Fennec foxes are too cute for words.