• Published 30th Aug 2023
  • 346 Views, 10 Comments

Hotel Escape - AndrewGamerGL



After inviting most of her close friends for her Birthday, Twilight Sparkle and the group find themselves in a dangerous situation they didn't anticipate being in.

  • ...
1
 10
 346

Chapter 14: The Mysterious Item

The group of four ponies continued on their path in the dark room, looking for another potential way out into their next hallway or room, and after a little while, they found an unlocked door, and opened it, which lead to another hallway, but before they continued on, Flash Sentry wanted to do a check on the others to see If there were any monsters on their backs.

"Wait! Screech check!"

Trixie then showed her back to Flash, and Saw that there were no mini creatures or monsters on her back, and then Twilight did the same, and there was nothing on her back either, then, Flash gave his back to the others, and they saw that there were no creatures on his back for once too.

"You're good Flash!"

Then, Tempest showed her back, however, she DID have a mini creature on her back.

"Psst!"

"Ah, wait a minute"

Flash then tried to slowly creep up on it and then try to scare it off.

"I got him, i got him"

However, the Mini monster may have been small in size, but it wasn't dumb, and it noticed Flash and then slapped him across the face, and headed back into the dark room with a mischievous laughter once again.

"Ow! Why am I the only pony getting slapped?"

The group then continued on to their next door in front of them, and then, they saw another different style of room, this one, the walls were covered with polished bricks.

"Whoa, what is this room?"

However, as they continued for a little bit, it didn't take long for them to find out a Monster was right in front of one of the doors, it was similar to how the bear monster that they encountered earlier looked like, only difference was, it seemed like it had a cat face rather than a bear face this time, and made a sort of like, cat screeching sound, and when it turned into their direction of where all the other ponies were standing, Trixie was beginning to go into panic mode, and Trixie tried to go straight for the first door she saw, but found out it was locked, then, the monster started heading towards its direction.

"It's locked everypony, save yourselves!"

"No, you're not going just yet!"

Tempest then ran towards Trixie, then threw her back into Flash and Twilight, and then took the shot for the team, and got herself captured by the monster, and then vanished into thin air like the previous ones who perished, Trixie, Twilight and Flash then just stood completely still while the monster was looking in their direction as Twilight whispered to the others.

"No pony move a muscle"

After a little while, the monster turned it's head away from their direction, and just continued on its way to the other side.

"I don't think it can see us if we're holding still"

"Hey, it looks like he's guarding that door that is behind him"

"What do we do Twilight?"

"Well, now we lost Tempest as well, and please, I cannot afford to lose any more of you, when the monster is not looking in our direction, we move, got it?"

Trixie and Flash nodded their heads, and then, the monster was not looking at their direction.

"Okay, move"

The trio of ponies remaining then tried creeping around the monster, and everytime the monster would turn to their direction, they would stand still until it turned its head back, and there was a really close call where Twilight stood face to face with the monster standing still, and Flash and Trixie were terrified if the monster would spot Twilight, but luckily, it didn't notice her, and then they finally arrived at the door, however, when Twilight tried to open it, she got a surprise that she really did not want at this particular time.

"It won't open"

Then, Flash and Trixie noticed another door, just opposite side to where they were.

"I think it's that door over there"

"That has to be the last one"

Trixie then noticed something.

"Flash, Twilight, these doors don't have numbers on them"

Twilight then thought about it, and realized Trixie might have been on to something.

"I think you're right Trixie, none of these doors will open"

Twilight then noticed a narrow hallway that has been half blocked off with barrels.

"I bet that is the real way out of here"

Then, they continued creeping around towards that narrow hallway, however, when the monster turned around to their direction, Flash got caught a little bit off guard, and one of his hooves, slept from him and he fell to the floor, and he, Trixie and Twilight then knew immediately what they had to do next.

"RUN!"

The trio then ran as fast as they could from the monster, with Twilight and Flash trying to use their wings as an advantage to help them get away quicker, and luckily for the trio, they managed to survive the narrow hallway from the monster, and they then managed to lock the door behind them, then, as they started to catch their breaths, Flash gave a big sneeze.

"Man, I've been holding that one in for five minutes"

Then, when the trio of them looked around in the hallway they were in, they saw some glowing vortices around the center of the hallway, the trio then looked at each other in excitement, they knew then exactly what this meant, they finally reached to the Mysterious rift that the red creature was talking about and Twilight noticed an item stuck floating inside it, the trio headed towards the rift carefully.

"Could this be the item that red creature was talking about?"

Twilight then reached out her hoof towards the rift in the center, grabbed the item, and then pulled it out of the rift, and when she saw clearly what it was, it was a red and black coated key, that was unlike any other keys she had seen in this hotel, Flash asked Twilight an important question then.

"What door do you think that opens?"

"I don't know, but let's find out!"