• Published 27th Aug 2023
  • 352 Views, 5 Comments

Way to a New Home - La_mug

  • ...
 5
 352

A Lil Bit Of Talking

As Trimmel stood there at the library door alongside with Ocellus he heard a voice exclaim.

"Join us! Have a seat we have plenty of time before we have to go, I can get some love tea if you would like" Recina called out to Trimmel and Ocellus with a inviting smile and pleasant look on her face.

Trimmel obliged and said "Sure it would be nice to have some tea thank you" Recina got up to get the tea while Trimmel and Ocellus both got a seat with the other escapee's.

"Nice seeing you Hivesmarschall" Pharynx called out to Trimmel "And what are you doing here of all places, don't you have a whole front to manage?"

Trimmel froze for a brief moment out of fear that this was a whole ploy by VOPS "I could say the same for you general don't you have a Panzer Army to command?" Trimmel shot back at Pharynx.

"Fair enough but still why are you here, I came here to get out of the mess you made" Pharynx said harshly.

"I to want to get out of the mess that had occurred because at this point this whole war is pointless at this stage, we have no hope of victory we are outnumbered four to one, so I guessed that I will try my luck in Griffonia" Trimmel explained.

"And whose is your mate over there, never knew you had one" Trimmel heard Vect speak, Trimmel gave a glance towards Ocellus to which he saw her blushing a small bit and looked away from the group.

"She is not my mate I will assure you, her name is Ocellus she is just a ling that wants to get out of here just like the rest of us and we met each other on the train to Ditrysium, she is merely a associate I have while in this journey" Trimmel answered "And what is Queen Yaria of Soryth doing here?"

Queen Yaria looked offended but still answered Trimmel's question "I am forced to flee because Bjornling betrayed us and joined the UPA and took over Soryth and established my lowly sister in charge" Yaria kept on talking " She betrayed all of Changeling kind just to pursue her friendship with that brute! They call their new nation "Hyperbearia" like what is that name even, it is something straight out of a cheap adventure novel for buck's sake, I had a whole superweapon that I was making it would've changed the whole war in our favor and I lost it all just like that we could've had all the love that we would ever want, we would never have another famine but poof I lost all my precious hard work in a instant!" Yaria ranted.

Siver Sheckels the Minister of the economy and industry went to Trimmel and said "She told me of her Superweapon but it was very early in it's development and was purely theoretical it was called a Nuclear Bomb it is a whole sort of complicated reactions that would supposedly make a explosion big enough to flatten an entire city, it never got major funding and I saw many hole's in the project so you can rest your mind that this war was never winnable to begin with" he explained to Trimmel.

"Thank you" Trimmel responded unsure of what they were talking about to begin with bomb that could flatten a city, yeah right as if that was possible.

"So Ocellus it was" Roland spoke "how did you know of this operation, Queen Helvia only mentioned this to a few lings that would never turn her in to Chrysalis, what makes you stand out? Are you a general an ace or what?"

"Well I found out about this when I was on leave in Vraks by a few friends of mine, they told me to meet at the forests out side of Vraks, so I did and they told me of this operation, I didn't know where it was but they told me to follow Trimmel. At first I was skeptical but due to UPA forces approaching Vraks I had no choice but to follow Trimmel" Ocellus explained.

Roland nodded in acknowledgement to Ocellus's explanation.

"So what about you Trimmel, how did you find out of this operation" Vect asked.

But when Trimmel tried to explain Recina and Helvia entered with Recina with the love tea she brewed.

"Alright everyling I got the tea we are expecting no more guests for this trip so tomorrow we will leave" Recina said with a motherly assuring smile.

"That's right tomorrow we will leave, so I will make final preparations for our journey across to Greneclyf, to where you can decide to what to do" Helvia left to make those final preparations after her short speech.

"So how are all of you lings doing? For me I'm doing great I will never have to be here again” Recina said.

"Likewise" Trimmel simply said.

"I'm doing as best I can for a ling about to leave her home" Ocellus answered in a sad tone.

"I can simply make a new hive and remake Soryth in Greneclyf" Queen Yaria proclaimed voice filled with pride and hope.

"Can't wait to go to Skynavia and fight again but for a righteous cause this time" Vect fantasized in a dreamy voice.

"I just want to settle down and live a quiet life once I reach this proclaimed promised land" Roland replied stoically.

"I will try to find a new queen to follow, perhaps serve in the Royal Army of Greneclyf, after all they would be lucky to find a veteran ling to command them" Pharynx said in a neutral tone.

"Perhaps I can serve Queen Gytha in her minister cabinet" Silver Sheckels said unsure of his future.

After all of this they all talked about there lives.


"I was born in Gardis I was the younger little ling in my family, I lived I uneventful littlehood it was a good time but my sister was always bust with tutors and lessons so she could inherit the family legacy, we both did well at school I made a few friends, but I was given the freedom to choose my path unlike my sister who got her path chosen for her when I turned just to eighteen I joined my local infantry regiment and a year later I enrolled at the Officer Cadet School in Vesalipolis and graduated the next year, I was commissioned as a lieutenant, the next year I was in Equestria after being assigned to a infiltrator brigade. I fought alongside the communists in the Winter Revolution, I fought valiantly and earned the Iron Cross Second Class along side a few of the communist medal's, before the conflict was over I faked my death and returned and I got promoted to Oberst, I was soon assigned as an infiltrator in the Equestrian general staff for the upcoming invasion of Canterlot, I did my job well but it looked like I was the only ling that succeeded. After the demotion Synovial I got promoted to Hivesmarschall and molded the Changeling Heer into mobile mechanized to which led to the success in Olenia and the early parts of the Great War but Queen Chrysalis got disillusioned and changed the Heer into what it is today" Trimmel told about his life."

Everyling apart from Ocellus looked bored, Trimmel rolled his eyes but digressed and asked "What about you Ocellus what about your story.”

Ocellus blushed a little in response but said "Y-You s-sure I'm nothing special" she tried to persuade Trimmel but he was adamant.

"Of course you are a friend after all I would love to hear your story and it would be fair because I told mine" Trimmel assured in a caring tone looking at Ocellus dead in the eye.

Ocellus squeaked and covered her face with her hooves trying to hide the fact that she was blushing "S-Sure I-I can tell you" finally giving into Trimmel's request.

Roland sighed at this display.

"S-So I w-was born in Vraks and given to a orphanage but I got adopted to a middle class family they were nice parents but they died in the fire bombing of Vraks, in grade school I learned of the idea of Harmony at the time I truly believed that it was the answer to everything so when I turned eighteen at 1010 I went to the River Republic to see the affects and benefits of Harmony but what I saw was different I saw riots and angry mobs towards the many ethnicities of the River Lands so over night I got my dream shattered, after the whole ordeal I returned to Vraks to where I got a job as a waitress at a local restaurant until the Great War started many lings were so proud to fight in this war, the Great War, The War To End all Wars along with many other names we called it, like many others I saw this as a chance to prove my self a way to climb in the social ladder, to fight for the Queen, my adoptive mother begged me to stay because her husband and my adoptive father had changed in the Conquest of Olenia, but I still joined the Heer. My first combat display was in Acornage in where I fought Valiantly and I got promoted after the battle of Talltale I got leave but when I returned I got assigned to fight in Canterlot in where I fought bravely, after we got pushed back from Canterlot I was sent to fight in the Battle Of The Crystal City it was a six month long battle" Her eyes and face took a noticeable look of dread and fear.

"Yes the Battle Of The Crystal City I remember Synovial led that battle three hundred thousand lings were lost" Trimmel said.

Ocellus sighed and breathed in and continued " Yea I was in a infantry platoon, I remember all of there names, we were tasked in clearing this house *sniff* there was a pony with a MG pointed at the door and *sob* I lost all my friends I-I thou-*sob*" Ocellus was unable to continue her story.

Trimmel felt sorry for her and walked over to her and sat next to her, after a moment he pulled her into a soft warm embrace to comfort her as best as he could pulling her closer and allowing her to cry on his shoulder and proceeded to caress her head and started whispering words of comfort as well as voluntarily giving some of his love he had stored since his last meal to ensure the comfort of Ocellus.

"Okay how is she not his mate" Roland complained but quiet enough that Trimmel and Ocellus couldn't hear him.

"I honestly don't know how but they would sure be perfect for each other don't you all think?” Recina said.

"I suppose they could, but a Hivesmarschall and a lowly soldier like her how does that work?" Silver Sheckels Questioned.

"Hmph no wonder you don't have a mate, it is called loving that is how a mother and father meet you imbecile" Queen Yaria hissed with a potent amount of venom in her voice.

"I know what love is thank you very much but they are boundaries don't you think?"

"Maybe they are, but let's keep ourselves from meddling with them, if they want to be friend's then let them if they want to be mates let them" Vect declared.

Trimmel blushed at the argument they are having mates surely that is absurd she is just a friend to me but maybe we can indeed become closer, I'll think about it .

Author's Note:

I changed the way I wright hope you like this