• Published 27th Aug 2023
  • 352 Views, 5 Comments

Way to a New Home - La_mug

  • ...
 5
 352

A Train Ride to freedom

Few lings would ever choose to abandon their Queen but they are indeed some ling that would flee from a losing battle such as Trimmel Hivesmarschall of the Changeling Heer and minister of defence aswell as a “Friend” of Queen Chrysalis herself

The war or the Great War that the changelings found themselves fighting in had turned into a uphill losing battle. No longer does Pharynx pull of incredible victories like at the siege Vanhoover and the battle for of Talltale with many more great victories, no it had changed the UPA (United Ponies Alliance) had learned from their mistakes now they had set foot in Olenia and pushed the changelings back from Canterlot the northern front also turned into a nightmare, the northern front that Bjornling had started at first was a success but had devolved in to a brutal attritional fight which turned it to a stalemate but still consumed equipment and personnel.
Trimmel had commanded the Battle of Shire the UPA mad a huge bulge in it Trimmel’s plan was too encircle and destroy the 5th Royal Guards Army and turn the tide of the war, but instead it was a massive failure the plan was flawed since the beginning, it was delayed again and again but S.M.I.L.E. had cracked the Heer’s codes and figuratively and literally saw it miles away and the delays bought time for the UPA to prepare so when Pharynx’s 1st Panzer Army, Vects 3rd Army, and Lacin Cardo’s 1st SS Heer, when they advanced against UPA forces they were brutally crushed and destroyed it was only Narcy Murx’s suicidal counter attack that saved the whole of the changeling army at the cost of Murx’s army and Murx himself, he was posthumously awarded the Queen’s cross and the Saviour of the Changeling struggle the highest award recently for those who practically saved the Changeling Lands.

Now he is in a train to Ditrysium the hive of Queen Helvia and his only escape from the pony horde

“Such a idiot he could’ve just left and say to the queen it was suicidal. But he chose to be a hero more of a hero then me Trimmel Hivesmarschall of the Changeling Heer!”
“Well I’m sorry for that but we have to leave Queen Helvia told us to be there at Ditrysium tomorrow because it is the only window in time she can successfully sneak us in”
“And what do you know corporal”
“Please just call me Ocellus we are friends after all, right?”
“I will think about it after we reach Griffonia”
“Very well then” they sat in silence an awkward one until Ocellus spoke up again
“Does Chrysalis know about this?”
“It is Queen Chrysalis to you corporal” Trimmel hissed
“But does she know”
“I don’t believe so but if she does she will certainly kill us”
“Is anyone else joining us”
“None that I’m aware of”
“How did you somehow become Hivesmarschall”
“I had fought in the winter revolution in 995 I saw the Severyanians make armored tractors which they dubbed “tanks” they were mediocre but it proved a concept to me, I advocated for my new strategy “Blitzkrieg” I called it it was an idea that uses Panzers and other mobile vehicles as well as combining of other branches of the military such as the Luftwaffe and artillery support to overwhelm and break holes through enemy frontlines and encircle as well as overrun enemy positions causing huge casualties for the enemy and limiting our own as well as making quick work since I knew that the changeling lands can’t fight a long drawn out war, which this Great War turned into. Queen Chrysalis loved my idea of Blitzkrieg and i was rapidly promoted to Hivesmarschall I got to prove my theory in Olenia where I conquered it in a few weeks.”
“Wow that is one incredible story to tell your little ling don’t you think”
“If I had any. What about you how did you become corporal and why did you join me in my escape.”

“Well I just graduated Hiveschool in 1010 my dad had fought in Olenia he said it was just like an adventure you meet many lings you go through dangerous tasks sorta like in the little ling books, so I thought maybe I should join the Heer to serve the Queen also did you know Trimmel you were treated and viewed like the Queen herself we thought you are the greatest military leader in all of history better the Luna, better then Kemrenski, Beakolini, and everyother general or marshall you were the greatest ling to ever live you were a god, second only to the Queen herself. Anyway I joined the Heer I was close to joining the Kreigsmarine but I wanted to serve Trimmel yourself now in retrospect I was right Mimic’s Submarines are practically decimated and Lysander’s Grand Armada sunk with even the Helvia and Chrysalis projects under the Lunar sea. I was a private at the beginning of Alicorn sunset I fought in Acornage where I destroyed 2 pillboxes with grenades and killed 11 pony soldiers then it was a rapid advance I did not fight in Vanhoover but I did fight in Talltale where I got promoted to private first class I was on leave for a few months when I came back I was tasked to take part in the battle of Canterlot where i fought valiantly and got promoted to corporal and the rest I wish not to tell” Ocellus finished

“ Incredible let me ask you this are you a Harmonist”
“I am but I wanted to give it on the Changelings terms how can their be harmony when Changelings are despised, i wanted to win this war then after the ponies will have to accept us they could be part of the hive where we could work and live in harmony”
“Very interesting so you are ideologically motivated but in a different way you probably could’ve joined Cardo’s Waffen SS”
“ But no i wanted to fight under Hivesmarschall Trimmel second to Queen Chrysalis” Occelus exclaimed
“We should get some rest now we will have a long day tomorrow”

They rested the war was still going on but they were going to live to tell the tale

Author's Note:

Here is the first chapter done