• Published 6th Nov 2023
  • 323 Views, 6 Comments

partisans of Eqwuestria - Ferencelvtars

  • ...
17
 6
 323

Action Begins

Action Begins

Ferkó and Starlight provided each team with a magic-based radio and quickly explained how they worked. Then the action began.

Ferkó, Sweetie Belle, and Ocellus swiftly marched towards the apple orchard. Ferkó engaged in conversation with Sweetie Belle, allowing Ocellus to feast on her emotions. Despite the team's forced brisk pace, progress through the dense vegetation was slow. Ferkó considered teleporting to their destination but dismissed the idea, remembering how disorienting it could be.

The sun was descending as they finally reached their desired location. Ferkó took out the radio and, with his limited Morse code knowledge, signaled their position. The response from Fluttershy came quickly, signaling that the area was clear.

"Okay, we can go. The end of the orchard should be empty, theoretically," Ferkó whispered.

Sweetie Belle wanted to light her horn to see in the dark, but as she attempted, Ferkó swiftly licked his hoof and dispelled the magic from her horn.

"What do you think you're doing?" Sweetie Belle exclaimed.

"You can see without it, and if we light up, we'll become targets for any unicorns wandering around here," Ferkó explained instructively.

"But I can't see like this," added Ocellus.

"Don't be so sure," retorted Ferkó. "If I can see, why not you?"

"But I don't even know how you guys do it," Ocellus said, a bit frightened and sad.

"Then listen to my voice and try to do what I say," Ferkó instructed.

"Alright, I hope you know what you're doing," Ocellus expressed.

"Close your eyes and feel the beat of your heart," Ferkó began the lesson.

Ocellus concentrated for a while, but after a few minutes, she signaled with a small nod that she had succeeded.

"Now, feel how the blood flows through your body, and sense the magic in your heart that you can connect to wherever you want," Ferkó continued, becoming less confident in whether he was explaining it correctly, considering that a shape-shifter might not manipulate magic the same way as a pony.

After some minutes, Ocellus nodded again.

"Combine your magic with your eyes, and theoretically, we're done," Ferkó finished thoughtfully.

Ocellus slowly opened her eyes, and the enchanting magic surrounded her. Her compound eyes sparkled with amazement.

"Wow, this is incredibly beautiful," Ocellus marveled, captivated by the magical glow.

"I told you, if I can do it, so can you," Ferkó declared, not hiding his genuine joy.

"When did you meet Discord?" Sweetie Belle asked teasingly but with genuine curiosity.

"Never, I just read a lot and know how to think," Ferkó stated, diverting the topic.

Ferkó decided to split the team into two groups. Sweetie Belle needed to secure the small house, while Ferkó and Ocellus set out to collect apples from the few remaining crates. Ferkó attempted to engage Ocellus in conversation, but her fascination with the magical sight made it difficult for her to focus.

As the crates filled up, they headed back towards the house. However, Ferkó noticed a peculiar black magic behind one of the trees just ahead of them. His blood ran cold, realizing it didn't look like a cursed pony but rather like magic suspended in nothingness. They cautiously circled around it and eventually reached the house where Sweetie Belle awaited them.

To be continued...