• Published 19th Jul 2023
  • 698 Views, 6 Comments

G5 Adventures in Hocus Pocus - ponydog127



The Mane 6 must help three kids, a griffin and an immortal cat defeat three witch sisters on Halloween.

  • ...
3
 6
 698

Trick or Treating

Sunny and her friends heard Dani screaming for her mother all the way from her room as they were getting changed, scariest them half to death. They wanted to go and check on everything, but Dani and Max's parents beat them to it, and after a talking to, Max was dragged into taking them trick-or-treating.

Pipp even had an extra costume for Hesperia, so she could join them in the fun. (Just remember, griffins didn't usually celebrate Halloween or Nightmare Night, but Hesperia was different)

10 minutes after this talking to, the ponies were finally ready to hit the streets.

  • Hitch was dressed in the same mask he wore when Sparky first went missing, along with a similarly colored cape.
  • Hesperia was a wore a black mask and a bow and arrow on her back-- similar to the costume Zipp wore a year before.
  • Zipp was dressed as a vampire, with a spooky black cape and fake fangs.
  • Izzy played the part of a mummy, wrapped in toilet paper from head to hoof.
  • Pipp was a witch just like Dani, since she was developing a strong bond to the little girl, wearing a deep purple, almost black witch's outfit that complimented her mane, pink coat and golden hooves.
  • Misty wore a light pink dress and a glittery crown in her mane, as elegant as a princess.
  • Finally, Sunny wore a cheerleader styled outfit to go with her roller skates, becoming a skater pony in the process.

Hesperia led them back down the ladder and to the back of the house, and they waited until Dave and Jenny had bid their kids goodbye before joining Max and Dani on the sidewalk. “All right...” Max groaned, adjusting his cap. “Let's go and get this over with.”

“Come on, Max-- this is gonna be fun!” Sunny pointed out. “We have a similar holiday in Equestria, and it's a total success whenever we do it. Even the most irritable ponies join in.”

“Um... Max? What's your costume exactly?” Misty asked curiously. “A rapper,” Max rolled his eyes. “Oh,” Misty said, a little insecure. “Well... you look great.”

“Thanks, I guess.”

“Hey, Max, lighten up, would you?” Zipp nudged him. “Dani wanted to do this to spend time with you. The least you can do is make an attempt to be happy.”

“And I assume you know what it's like to be an older sibling, forced to take your little sibling everywhere you go?”

“Actually... yeah,” Zipp looked back at Pipp, who was laughing along with Dani as they walked. “Pipp and I used to be so close when we were fillies, but over the years, we started liking different things. Our relationship is something I think Dani wants with you and her. Can you at least try and have a good time? For her sake?”

Max considered Zipp's words, and ultimately sighed. “Fine. I'll try.”

“That's all I ask.”

XXXXXXXXX

They continued to go from house to house collecting treats, but Max didn't seem to be enjoying himself, to which Dani noticed. “Lighten up, Max.”

“Can we go home now?”

“No.”

That's when Max saw Ice, Jay and a couple more of their friends hanging on the other side of the sidewalk, and Max instantly wanted to avoid them. “Let’s just go this way.”

“Why? Is everything okay?” Hitch asked. “Just some guys from Max's school,” Hesperia frowned in disgust. “Some real jerks if you ask me. I agree with Max-- let's head another way.”

But, in a rebellious state, Dani walked the exact way Max didn't want to go. “Dani!” Max and the ponies cried. “I'll go with her,” Zipp said, fluttering behind Dani. That's when Ice held up his leg so Dani and Zipp couldn't get past, and Jay spoke up to them. “Stop and pay the toll, kid. You and that little horse.”

“Ten chocolate bars, no licorice.”

“Dump out your sack!”

“Drop dead, moron,” Dani scoffed and tried to walk past with Zipp, but Ice immediately stopped them. “Yo, twerp. How’d you like to be hung off that telephone pole?”

“Leave Dani alone, creep,” Zipp unfolded her wings defensively. “I've got two wings and four strong hooves, and I'm not afraid to use them against you.”

“Shut it, pony girl,” Jay shoved Zipp down. “Or your wings get clipped.”

“I’d just like to see you try it,” Dani said, helping Zipp back up. “Cause it just so happens I’ve got my big brother and friends with me. Max!”

“That's our cue,” Sunny told her friends, and they all went down to where the others were. “Hollywood... oh no!” Ice feigned terror as Jay spoke up. “So you’re doing a little trick-or-treating?”

“I’m taking my little sister around... and her friends too.”

Sunny inwardly sighed... she wished that Max would call them his friends too, not just Dani. “That’s nice. Whoa, I love the costume,” Jay told Max. “But what are you supposed to be? A New Kid on the Block?”

“For your information, he’s a little leaguer!” Dani said, and as Ice and Jay mimicked a baseball play, she tried to walk past, but she was once again blocked by Ice. “Wait a minute. Everyone pays the toll.”

“Stuff it, zit face.”

As Ice prepared to go in on her, Max tossed a sack of candy at him and his friend before practically dragging his sister and the Equestrians away, with Hesperia glaring at the two boys before she followed.

Dani turned to her brother. “You should have punched them.”

“They would have killed me.”

“At least you would have died like a man.”

That seemed to have been Max's breaking point, turning to his little sister in anger. “Hey! You just humiliated me in front of half the guys at school! So collect your candy and get out of my life!”

“Max!” Misty said, shocked that he would say such a thing. “I wanna go home!” Dani cried before she stormed off. “Now!”

“Dani, wait!” Hesperia called as the ponies went after her, turning toward Max with a scowl on her face. “Thanks SO MUCH for breaking the kid's heart, Jerk Face.”

With that, she flapped her wings and took off after the Equestrians, and not long after, Max followed them to see where they were going.

XXXXXXXXX

Dani ran for a quite a good ways before collapsing on some hay bales, sobbing at the hurtful thing her brother said. She just wanted to spend some time with her brother... why did he not want to be with her?

As she sobbed, she felt a comforting hoof on her back, and looked up slightly to see Pipp comforting her, the other ponies standing around her. “Max didn't mean what he said, Dani. He loves you too much to shun you like that.”

“Then why did he say it then...?”

“Prople say a lot of things they don't mean when they're angry,” Hesperia said. “Trust me... I had the same interactions with my father, and he and I both said some things we regretted later on.”

“But even though the words that come can be hurtful sometimes, what matters is that Max is your brother,” Izzy added. “And he really does love you... even though he did act like a jerk.”

Dani sniffed and looked up with a chuckle. “He can be kind of a jerk face, can he?”

“He sure can,” Hesperia chuckled. “And I told him that to his face.”

It was then that Max approached, and Dani turned away from him as the ponies gave them space to talk. Max sat down next to his sister with a remorseful face. “Dani, I’m sorry. It’s just that I hate this place. I miss all my friends. I wanna go home.”

“Well this is your home now, so get used to it,” Dani huffed. “Yeah...” Max nodded slowly. “Give me one more chance?”

“Why should I?”

“Cause I’m your big brother.”

Dani glanced up at him, with a smirk, and they hugged tenderly giggling. This sight made the ponies smile, just before Max looked up at the sky. “Whoa, check that out.”

“What?” Dani looked up to see what it was. “Something just flew across the moon,” Max explained. And while everyone was distracted, Max playfully leapt at his little sister, sending them both into a giggling fit, before they decided to head home...

...that is, until they noticed the huge mansion-like house in front of them. “Whoa...” everyone seemed to gasp with wide eyes. “Check out the size of this house!” Misty gawked. “It's almost as tall as Opaline's castle, if not bigger!”

“Ah, rich people,” Dani nodded in understanding. “They’ll probably make us drink cider and bob for apples.”

The group looked at one another, nodded and entered together. After all, a party was a party, and they couldn't wait to grab some of the treats inside.