• Published 13th Jul 2023
  • 819 Views, 26 Comments

Equestria Girls: Digimon Chosen - Epic Fable



When Sunset and her friends start their summer off with a night of movies things turn strange as a strange storm forms...

  • ...
3
 26
 819

Episode 1: Chapter 5

“So this Tuskmon has been hunting you all?”

“It was when Hawkmon and I foraged for food once. He chased us for as long as he could, but we gave him the slip. Ever since then we had to watch over our backs for him. He chased us 7 times in the past two weeks…”

“Oh God…and you all manage to hide in this church? How has he not found this place yet?”

“I don’t know, but I feel like it’s only a matter of time. I can’t let my friends be hurt…”

“Don’t worry. I’m sure you all can think of something. You all seem fierce.” The little dragon would look to Sunset and offer a slight smile from his maw as they looked at one another.

“Now come on, let’s finish dinner.”

“All right.” The two would go back inside to enjoy what was left of their dinner as daylight grew more and more dim. The night would be full of sharing stories of the girls adventures with the digimon being enamored by it all. As it got late everyone would grow weary from the long day as everyone would yawn in turns. Noir would show them all to a room as she said with a half smile.

“I’m sorry we don’t have much room, but you all can stay here for the night.”

“Well it does seem rath-” Rarity was interrupted by her mouth being covered by Applejacks’ in a swift motion as she chimed in.

“It’s plenty enough, thank you sister.”

“Sweet dreams humans. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.” Noir would leave a candle out for them as she closed the door. As she left everyone would silently groan.

“This is not a good place for a nice good night sleep.” Rarity chided.

“Oh we just gotta make the best of it!” Pinkie cheered. She would pull balloons from her thick hair as she displayed them everywhere in the room.

“Yeah one guy and seven girls. This isn’t awkward.” Flash said a loud as he looked over the room. Sunset would put a hand on his shoulder.

“I’m sure it will be fine. We trust you and we all need this space to rest.”

“Yeaaaaaah don’t sweat it dude.”

“Let’s just try to get some rest. We can stress in the morning.”

Everyone would get into a pile in the small room as they slept back to back with Spike in Twilight’s arms. It would have been difficult considering the circumstances, but all the stress left no time for the mind to wander. It was no time before the entire group drifted to sleep.


Sunset’s eyes snapped open when she heard a scream from outside. Soon the rest of the group rose from their sleep wide awake.

“It’s Tuskmon! He found the church! He found US!” Blanc from outside shouted. Various shouts came as Fluttershy looked out the window and shrank at the sight. The one they called Tuskmon was the same green dinosaur like creatures with the large black horns on its back. It roared loudly as it stomped into the clearing that made up the church’s yard.

“I FOUND YOU. You have evaded me too many times. TIME FOR BREAKFAST!”

“That thing can talk too?!” Applejack stated as she shivered. The rest did as all the girls grabbed the spots on their clothing where their geodes would be. Sunset couldn’t stop shaking to before looking to Dracomon outside.

“HEY! Get away from there!”

“Oh? A little appetizer for me so soon? How nice.” The dinosaur would approach the little dragon as he stood firm.

“BABY FLAME!” The little dragon shot a little fireball at Tuskmon’s face but he wiped his face briefly. He would roar before getting hit by various objects. He turned to the source and it showed the other digimon. Noir stood in front of them standing firm.

“You will NOT harm these little ones. Turn back now or face my wrath!” Noir demonstrated her warning by showing off two silver cross shaped pistols. She then glowed a bright light.

“SLIDE EVOLUTION. AWAKE MODE.” The clothing around her chest seemed torn as she also seemed to wear the cat like hood to cover her face as she cocked her guns and began to fire at the dinosaur. He roared in pain before charging at her. She would jump off of him and high before kicking him in the face knocking him back.

“DID YOU SEE THAT?! She totally changed!” Pinkie said excitedly. The rest just stared at the fight as if it was from a cartoon. Everyone's expression would grow pale as Tuskmon charged at the nun, it’s fist being set in flames.

“PANZER KNUCKLE!” He punched the poor sister in the stomach, sending her back and hitting a tree.

“NOIR!” Blanc cried out as she ran to her holding her close.

“Don’t you two worry. You will be mine after I eat the little ones.” Sunset stared in horror as memories of how they got there, running from Tuskmon and meeting the other digimon came to mind.

“This is our fault.”

“What in tarnation are you talking about?!”

“What if he was tracking us? He could have followed us. Dracomon told me he has been trying to find them forever now. What if we helped him find everyone?”

“You don’t know that.”

“I don’t but we can’t just stand here!” Sunset hopped out of the window and ran outside and towards Dracomon.

“SUNSET!”

“Hey, leave him alone!” Sunset would grab a piece of a torn up tree and tried to jam it in the dinosaur only to have it break on her due to his tough hide. He would sneer and smack her back with his tail. Dracomon look at her in worry as dropped his guard.

“STOP Sunset! Just run!”

“Ohhhh my other prey. I won’t need another meal for quite a while at this rate.”

Dracomon would run towards Sunset as he stood in front of her.

“Dracomon it’s our fault-”

“Silence. Don’t even say that. I can’t blame you for any of this. You were just looking out for your friends the same as me. Tuskmon would have found us eventually…we just sat in hiding not knowing when the day would come. I won’t let him hurt my friends OR YOURS.” As Dracomon finished his sentence, a bright light shined in the air in front of Sunset. Everyone saw the light as the rest of the group came outside ready to help.

“This light…could it be…?” Noir said to herself as she tried to see the battle with Blanc. The light hovered to Sunset as she reached it out of impulse and the light went further. When the light fade it revealed a red colored device that was round, fitting the palm of her hand. It had a square screen within the middle surrounded by some buttons and small antenna to the left of the overall frame.

“The symbol of evolution!” Blanc cried out. She looked to the church as the images of the stained glass matched the device in Sunset’s hand. The human group would recognize it as well from the night before as the shape of it appeared on every screen in Sunset’s home during the storm.

“What is this…?” Sunset grabbed it and a symbol of a dragon shined within the screen. Dracomon would glow in the same red color as Tuskmon backed up.

“I feel it…” Dracomon said in a trance.

The dragon symbol hit the little dragon as his body seemed to deconstruct then reconstruct showing a larger dragon.

“Dracomon….digivolve to…!” The dragon would roar as he was a darker blue with red eyes and larger wings as he revealed himself from the light.

“COREDRAMON!”

Everyone would stare in awe as well as gasping at the new creature.

“He digivolved…” Floramon spoke first. Liollmon and hawkmon stared with a big smile as Hagurumon floated forward.

“It’s improbable…” Twilight looked to him in confusion. Tuskmon meanwhile would just growl in anger.

“Don’t think you can defeat me little one, even if you change it means nothing!” Tuskmon would aim his horns as they crackled with energy.

“BAYONET LANCER!” He would fire a beam of energy from his horns seemingly hitting the duo.

“SUNSET NO!”

“DRACOMON!”

When the dust settled it would reveal Coredramon covered Sunset with his own wings as a shield though he himself looked unharmed. Sunset looked at the dragon unsure at first until he spoke.

“I got you Sunset.”

“Dracomon…?”

“Wait here.” Coredramon would stare right at Tuskmon before letting out a loud roar of his own. Tuskmon would retaliate with his own before Coredramon flew at the dinosaur with the reptiles colliding as they knocked over surrounding trees as the reptiles just clawed at and bite each other. Tuskmon bit his midsection but Coredramon would grab his neck, sending him down to the ground. Then he flew and flung him towards more trees knocking the wind out of him.

“You…You brat!”

“You will not hurt my friends ever again!” Coredramon would then open his mouth as blue colored flames gathered as it glowed a bright blue.

“BLUE FLARE BREATH!” The dragon would let out a blue laser from his mouth as it covered Tuskmon in its entirety.

“IMPOSSIBLE!” As he was bombarded by the attack it was as if his entire being was erased into pieces before fading away.

“He…he just…evaporated…dissolved…WHAT IS THIS PLACE?!” Twilight shouted as she started to panic. She was shaken by Applejack and Flash.

“Twilight! Twilight stop!” everyone would gather around Sunset and Coredramon as everyone would calm down. Coredramon’s body would glow and then gradually shrink. As the light fade the dragon was back to his smaller form. Dracomon.

“You’re back?”

“Yeah…I guess I am, but I digivolved though…”

“You did, but you borrowed her energy.”

“Now wait a minute. You need to explain some things to us. I think we have been in the dark for too long.” Rarity demanded.

“I can only explain what I know. What Sunset has there in her hand…is a digivice.”

“Digivice?” Everyone in Sunset’s group repeated in unison.

Author's Note:

In the original Digimon story this is loosely based on the digivice was blue. I will get into it more when all digivices are shown