• Published 13th Jul 2023
  • 479 Views, 4 Comments

The First Ruler - TheWulf05



(Currently being rewritten)There is a destiny that makes us family

  • ...
3
 4
 479

The Reveal

It was a nice afternoon in Maretime Bay. Sunny was selling her smoothies, Hitch was patrolling the town with his son Sparky, and Izzy was decorating a new school for the fillies and colts. Pipp was at Mane Melody giving stylish hairdos to ponies, while Zipp and Misty were archiving Sunny's collection.

Zipp had asked Sunny if she wanted to archive her father's collection of documents to the CanterNet for future generations to learn from. Misty had agreed to help as she had nothing to do that day.

While they were finishing up the final uploads, Zipp got a surprising text. It was her mother Queen Haven. Huh, that's a first she thought to herself. She slightly chucked in amusement as Zipp remembered that her mother was horrible at texting and would usually send Cloudpuff to give them the most confusing messages she has ever read. But pushing that thought aside she decided to read the message which surprised her.

Hi sweetie, I hope your doing well. I know its been a while since we talked. Don't worry its not about the pregnancy. But I have some very interesting new for you and your friends. When we were building a new tourism district for the city we found some ruins, Zipp was starting to feel her detective senses tingling as she read the message But not just any ruins, as based on some of the items found around the site, we believe that it is the first royal castle of Zephyr Heights, Llum Guia. Contact me asap!

After Zipp read the message she felt a mix of emotions. She felt exited that there was the answer about the first castle and what mysteries it can hold, surprised it was nearby after many years, and worried what little could remain and what can be lost knowledge forever.

"Zipp, I finished the documents in Sunny's collection," Misty hoofed tapped Zipp to get her attention. "What do we do next?" she asked.

Zipp was taken out of her thoughts and looked at Misty. It was funny to Zipp it wasn't long ago she met Misty. She was first suspicious and as time went on they were close until it was revealed she was a minion of Opaline. It was horrifying that they were close to losing Sparky. But after amending they were on good terms until it was found out Alphabittle was the father of Misty. It was a confusing few weeks about how it would go as Queen Haven was dating Alphabittle and they were planning to get married. Zipp started to feel a sisterly bond with Misty and sees her as one. Zipp also knew that there would be a new addition to their dynamic family in a few months.

"I think we should get the group together and get a bite," Zipp put her hoof on Misty's shoulder, "Also I have something to tell the group as it may be important", Zipp explained.

Zipp pulled out her phone and texted everypony to meet up at the Gazebo in one hour as she had some breaking news to explain to them.


One Hour Later

Everypony had met up at the Gazebo in the town square. Zipp, Pipp, Misty, Izzy, and Sunny were at the designated location. "Hey do you know where is Hitch is?" asked Sunny. As she finished her question a familiar voice was heard across the street. "Sorry everypony", Hitch panted, "Had to drop off Sparky at Gandma Figgy's for the day" .

Now that everyone was here Zipp was now ready to explain what was going on. "Alright before I explain what is going on do you guys have a guess what I have to say?"

Everypony besides Zipp had no clue what was going on but guessed to their abilities. "Hmm let me guess," Sunny hoofed taped her chin, "A new friend?" Zipp shook her head no

"A new Unicycling project?" Izzy squealed. "Wait don't tell me," Hitch had sparkles in his eyes, "New laws for Zephyr Heights? I still haven't gotten that law book you promised"

"You finally got a job?" Pipp said. Zipp wasn't amused. "Fuck you Pipp, your an asshole."

Everypony else gave Pipp dirty looks. "Heh heh heh sorry sis." Pipp laughed nervously. "I thought you accepted Hitch's offer to become his deputy."

Zipp understood what her sister meant she still was a bit pissed. " Don't be a cunt again sis. I'll make you regret it" Zipp stared at Pipp. "But to answer your question, I'm still on the fence about it as Mom's pregnant and I don't know if I have to take her place for when she gives birth and all". Zipp gave a small shrug.

"But back to the main point," Zipp said. I brought you all here today because something incredible just happened at Zephyr Heights". Zipp was starting to get a bit gleeful. "Mom had texted me that they might have found the first castle of Zephyr Heights."

After Zipp had told the news to everypony it was silence. Silence as the ocean breeze blew by, other ponies going about their day, and the birds chirping. After a few seconds Sunny broke the silence "Your not fucking joking right," she was shocked.

Zipp had told Sunny the origin of the First Ruler. Who was said have been able to fly when the magic was gone and they were able to unite Pegasus kind together in those times of hardship. Zipp also said that there are no surviving documents or paintings of the First Ruler looked like. The only known description of the first ruler was that they had Scarlet colored eyes which was said to put ponies into fear when they stared at the First Ruler. Legend says that, every few generations the Scarlet eyes would be passed down to the descendants of the First Ruler. To whoever has the eyes, they would be the ones to unite and destroy rebellions in times of unrest.

"I am not joking Sunny they believe that they found the castle and want us to join the excavation," Zipp showed everypony the message Queen Haven sent. "Llum Guia, what does that mean?" Hitch said confused. "Didn't mom say that name mean Guiding Light or something,"Pipp butted in.

"Yes your right Pipp it means Guiding Light," Zipp nodded. "What was the meaning behind the name?" Misty said. After a few seconds Zipp took a breath and said, "The answer is unfortunately unknown. Misty, as there is very few surviving records from that time and the meaning behind the castle name is lost to us."

"The only reason that the name is known is from a decree that mentioned that castle being moved to today's location," Zipp explained. "So that is why I want to invite you guys as this could be a lost chapter of history being unearthed." Zipp extended her hoof. "So will you guys join me?"

After a few seconds everypony put their hooves out in agreement. Sunny looked at Zipp. "Lets do this together."

Author's Note:

Hope you like this one. Don't worry Broken Wind will get a update, it was that this popped as a idea and I decided to write it. May or may not change the title still trying to think of one that matches.