• Published 10th Jul 2023
  • 219 Views, 6 Comments

A New Start - TheKing2001



When she moves into her first ever house and graduate college, Blossomforth navigates the confusing life on an adult.

  • ...
1
 6
 219

Chapter II

I looked around the one bedroom house in mild curiosity as Cloudkickers blonde tail disappeared around the corner into the kitchen. I’ll admit I was a tad uncomfortable being in her house. I don’t like feeling like a burden I guess.

“So what ya got there?” Cloudkicker asked as I jumped slightly. The pegasus was sitting next to me with two bowls of stewed potatoes and other vegetables. I hadn’t even heard her return.

“Oh uhm books,” I answered as she pushed a tray with a bowl over to me. “Some other things.”

“Like what?” Cloudkicker asked as she wrapped a hoof around a fork and stabbed a potato.

“My college degree, some engineering projects the like.”

“You went to college for engineering?” Cloudkicker asked curiously as I picked up a fork and nodded my head.

“I went for weather pattern studies and engineering,” I answered with a bit of pride. I was personally proud of my engineering degree. I never knew my parents so I felt like a blank slate. Able to forge my own future with no pony giving me their own ideas of how I should turn out.

“Nice!” Cloudkicker smirked as she drank some lemonade and sighed contently.

“Did you go to college?” I asked curiously as her face fell and I internally worried if I overstepped some boundaries.

“For a bit there. I had other more important things going on,” Cloudkicker admitted as she pushed some vegetables around in her bowl.

“Oh,” I said and a silence fell over us. I wouldn’t call it uncomfortable or anything, just silence. I took a bit of my potato and my eyes slightly widened. “Wow. You can really cook.”

“Heh, thanks,” Cloudkicker blushed slightly. “While you eat, I’ll go get you a pillow and blanket.”

I wordlessly nodded as she carried her own tray away and trotted into her kitchen before she came back, trotting into her bedroom as I continued eating.

I finished eating and bit onto the tray, trotting into the kitchen and placing it next to the sink. I reached out with a hoof to turn the sink on to clean my dishes as I listened to Cloudkicker trotting in.

“You don’t have to wash your dishes. I’ll do them.”

“No I got it. It would be rude of me to not do them,” I insisted as I squirted some soap into the sink and watched it fill up enough to my satisfaction as I shut the faucet off.

“Okay. You wash and I rinse them,” Cloudkicker smirked as she stood next to me at the other sink and hoofed over a wash cloth. I gave a sigh as I realized I couldn’t argue my way out of this as I cleaned the bowl and tray, sliding them over to her as I washed my fork. “I also took the liberty of setting up your spot ont the couch. It’s a pull out bed so you should get a decent night’s sleep.”

“Thank you. Really,” I said softly and brushed my watermelon mane away from my eyes. “Why are you being so nice to me? You just met me today.”

“You look like you needed a friendly face. And besides,” Cloudkicker said as she grinned wickedly as we trotted to the living room where true to her word, she had pulled out the couch bed and put a pillow with a few blankets on it. “You’re adorable and we could have some fun.”

“Uhm no offense but I’m well a you know,” I said sheepishly and scuffed my hoof on the ground, turning a bright red. “I’m not entirely into that. I’ve never really you know.”

“Relax girl. I’m just teasing you don’t worry. And I didn’t mean sex, I meant watch some reels of movies I own,” Cloudkicker clarified as I slowly turned back to my normal color.

“Oh,” I said simply and sat down on the couch. “Maybe tomorrow? If you want me here still of course.”

“Stay as long as you need. I can help you find a job if you want to. Sassaflash and I both work for Rainbow Dash as a weatherponies so I can butter her up. I have a collection of apple cider specifically for this purpose and plus we went to flight school together,” Cloudkicker explained as she yawned.

“She likes apple cider?” I asked with a raised eyebrow as Cloudkicker nodded sagely. “Apple cider isn’t even that good.”

“Don’t let Applejack or Rainbow hear you say that,” Cloudkicker warned as she turned serious once again. “And you haven’t had Applejacks apple cider.”

“Applejack?”

“Apple farmer on the edge of town. She lives with her brother, sister and Granny Smith. Nice family after I convinced them I wasn’t entirely interested in sleeping with Big Mac. Well, again I suppose I should say but don’t tell them that please.”

Oh, she could trust me that I wouldn’t. I could barely even say sex or go through health class without instantly blushing. I still can’t even think about it with out blushing.

“Is there anything else to worry about?” I asked cautiously as Cloudkicker pressed a hoof to her chin.

“The Everfree forest,” Cloudkicker decided. “Oh and Pinkie Pie. Berry Punch is a nice mare, bit of a drunk but I don’t judge. Cheerilee is serious about education but cool. Uh, that’s about it really. Ponyville is a pretty calm town.”

“What’s wrong with Pinkie Pie?” I asked innocently as Cloudkicker gave me a flat look that made me nervous.

“Trust me on this one. She’s nice and all but well she can be a bit much at times,” Cloudkicker said finally. “Decent mare. Hope you don’t mind parties because she will definitely throw you one when she meets you.”

I was okay with parties I suppose as long as they didn’t get too loud or anything. I don’t know if this Pinkie Pie knew how to not cross that line but I guess I would find out. Maybe I could avoid her and just stay away from the problem in general.

“I’m off to bed,” Cloudkicker commented as the first drops of rain started to patter on her windows. “Sleep well Blossomforth.”

“You too Cloudkicker. And thanks again,” I said as she lazily waved in reply as she trotted into her room and her door closed softly.

I yawned as I shifted a bit to slid under the blankets and curled up a bit.

Cloudkicker had a bit of a dirty mind but overall seemed nice.

Author's Note:

For context, this takes place before episode one of Friendship Is Magic.

Cloudkicker is also partially based on winning verse Kicker. I recently read that universe and liked it so yeahhh.