• Published 10th Jul 2023
  • 214 Views, 16 Comments

Friends Help Friends - TheKing2001



Golden Harvest moves in temporarily with her close friend and follow earth pony till her house gets repaired.

  • ...
 16
 214

Chapter III


Golden Harvest


I nosed through my field and tossed some more carrots into my ever-growing pile in the cart. Tomorrow was probably going to be my biggest day of sales so I needed to get ahead of the game. I glanced back as some construction ponies continued clearing out the wreckage of where my house once stood and winced.

“Hey Golden!” Somepony called out and I jumped slightly, hitting my head on the wagons hitch and cursed under my breath. I spun around and rubbed my head to glare at the pony who startled me, ready to tear into them. My eyes widened when I saw Twilights pet dragon Spike.

“Oh hey Spike,” I greeted him and pulled another carrot. “What can I do for you?”

“Nothing, just wanted to come by and see if I can help you out,” Spike answered as he examined the field.

“Well so far I’m pretty decent. If you truly want to help, I guess you can start pulling carrots and getting Noi from school later,” I said as I stretched my back. “Well, as long as Twilight doesn’t need you. Doesn’t she like take you for walks and stuff?”

“I’m her assistant, not her pet,” Spike grumbled as he flexed his claws and picked up a bucket of carrots.

“Oh,” I muttered as my ears flattened against my head. “Sorry about that.”

“It’s fine,” Spike sighed as he started to help me harvest my crop. “At least you aren’t running away screaming like some other ponies did when they first saw me. Namely Roseluck and her sisters.”

I internally felt bad for the dragon. We all secretly called the Flower Trio the Ponyville Alarm. Because anytime a monster came into town or bunnies were invading, you could hear their screaming across town.

I hadn’t entirely been afraid of Spike when I first saw but a bit wary. Noi on the other hoof threw that all out the window and invited him to play in the fields with Dinky, Ruby and Cotton Cloudy.

I mean, he’s a dragon. Who isn’t going to be a bit cautious at first? I still remember Fluttershy galloping past my farm after him and Twilight. I also remember gawking at Fluttershy of all ponies seeming excited. I’ve lived in Ponyville my entire life and I can’t really remember the last time I saw Fluttershy excited or even talk loud enough to hear her.

“So uh it sucks what happened to your house. You’re staying with your clone right?” Spike coughed into his fist as he watched me.

“My clone?” I asked in confusion. “Oh you mean Junebug. Yeah, I am. She offered me and Noi a bed for a few weeks till my house is rebuilt.”

“That’s nice. You two and Caramel Apple look scarily similar,” Spike commented casually as I shrugged.

“We do yeah. June has a bit of a lighter mane than we do. Caramel Apple and I aren’t related. She’s one of the Apples, Junebug is well I don’t know to be honest. She doesn’t talk much.”

The only real difference between me and Caramel Apple was cutie marks. Same mane style, same eye color and same coat color. We even had the same mane color. Ponies got us confused a lot at first. Thankfully she lives on the other side of Equestria.

“I noticed. Do you need help selling your carrots?” Spike asked as I raised an eyebrow.

“Come with me, let’s go pick up my daughter from school. Do you want to walk or do you want a ride?”

“I’ll ride I guess.”

I folded my legs under my to allow Spike to get on my back easier. Once verifying he was on securely, I stood up and started trotting to the school.


“Hey Miss Cheerilee,” I waved as I narrowly avoided the fillies and colts running out of the school. The school teacher stood at the door waving to her students as I stood next to her.

“Hey Carrot Top,” Cheerilee smiled as she watched the dust cloud disappear.

“I thought your name was Golden Harvest?” Spike said in confusion as he peered over my head.

“It is. Only my close friends get to call me Carrot Top. I don’t allow just anypony to call me,” I explained as Noi appeared out of nowhere. “There’s my girl!”

“Hey Mom,” Noi rubbed against my leg. “Hey Spikey!”

“Hey Noi.”

“Before you go, tell your mom what you did,” Cheerilee said sternly as I narrowed my eyes at my daughter’s sudden sheepish look. “And be honest, tell her why you got detention.”

“What did you do?” I demanded as I glared at her. I didn’t really like having to play both roles of stern parent and easy going parent. Problems of being a single mother.

“I uh may have insulted Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon,” Noi admitted as she traced a circle with her hoof. Cheerilee gestured me forward and I leaned close as she pressed her mouth next to my ear.

“She called them a pair of stuck up bitches and to not be bullies to the others. She also threatened them if they didn’t stop bullying Scootaloo for not being able to fly,” Cheerilee whispered as I groaned.

“Thanks Miss Cheerilee. I’ll sort it out and I promise she will be there for detention. What day?” I asked as I gave Noi a disapproving look.

“Tomorrow after school. It’s only thirty minutes and I’ll drop her off at home after she serves it,” Cheerilee promised as she turned around. “Have a good day!”

“You too,” I said as she trotted into her school. Presumably to do paperwork or grade papers. “Now just what am I going to do with you filly?”

“Get me ice cream for defending some ponies?” Noi asked hopefully as we started the slow walk to Junebugs.

“Just because you stood up for them doesn’t mean you did it right,” Spike chimed in and gave me a sheepish frown. “Oh uh sorry Golden. I’ll shut up now.”

“You’re fine Spike. He’s right though, you should have done it differently. I am proud of you though. Now come one, let’s drop Spike off at the library and get home. Then we discuss your punishment,” I answered and turned my head around to nuzzle Spike as he blushed.

Noi gulped nervously as we trotted to the library.

Author's Note:

For context, this story takes place in season one.

https://mlp.fandom.com/wiki/Caramel_Apple

Also, what name do you prefer for Golden Harvest? I prefer the canon name of Golden Harvest but Carrot Top works as well for her close friends.