• Published 11th Jul 2023
  • 383 Views, 11 Comments

Thus Testifies Twilight - Accurate Balance



When nothing outlives everything, how does a mare testify to her existence?

  • ...
1
 11
 383

Epilogue

Author's Note:

You might need a dictionary reading this. I needed one writing this.

Catastrophe promises imminent at afternoon. It blossoms in the royal courtyard, a preternatural, magnificent exeunt.

Despite ten minutes until apocalypse.

Throned, Princess Twilight Sparkle contemplates. Oblivious beforehand, she realises futility regretfully.

Despite thaumaturgy doctorate, whose acquirement predates her ascension, she ironically has neglected arcanological cues, forfeiting her ephemeral reign and innumerable lives. Herself bedamned, why such ignorance?

Insufficient endeavour? Apparently. Impotence, too. She accessed underprepared and remains a dilettante monarch. Expectably, she strives.

Overtimes obscure avocations. Personality deteriorate. She has optimised speech to repurpose durations, enduring temporary alogia; simplicity outweighing recognisability, her communications necessitate sesquipedalian vocabulary, surpassing even her lexicon.

Her desperation, retrospectively, has proven counterproductive, indicating misdirection. Multiple reorientation attempts availed only lassitude.

Responsive concatenation discourages. Enmeshed, Twilight disassociates progressively. Conjecturing incompetence, she has discontinued chronophagous intimacy, sacrificing kinship and friendship to Equestria.

Eventually, she suffices. Ennui, however, haunts inseparably. Permanently disheartened, actualisation only verifies preconception, not fulfilling, but further obliging her towards perfectionism.

Episodically, she hallucinates an omniscient manipulator, prescribing causalities restlessly, a speculation her prostration especially substantiates. Monochromatic occasions, where reminiscence proliferates while she refrains from melancholic indulgence, devitalises everything, yielding a quasi-bewusstseinslage seemingly composed of apathetic description only.

Indeed.

Words. Composed letters. Deliberately compiled phonemic symbol. Consciously, consensually collocated—coalesced —colloquial characters collectively comprehended. This escalation perdures infinitely, immaculate phraseology unattainable.

Verbiage aside, the implication signifies surreally. Description suggests narrator. Greater entity transcending rationality, via manifestation of imagination alone.

Such hypothesis apprehends Twilight. Were her universe penned, the author must deitify, warping her reality spontaneously beyond conceivable.

By ink.

Is fate aprioristic? Is her remembrance an opus? Celestia conducted her metamorphosis into Harmony, understandable, but complete determinism? Horrendous existential crisis.

Untimely insecurity, yes. Twilight, however, submerges within. Irrationality dominates her perception, deluding her with ubiquitous scrutiny, forever deorsumversing, perusing an incorporeal scroll.

Also enshrouding the three minutes elapsed.

Now Twilight feels plummeted, two hoofsteps downwards, closer to her termination.

Another invisible hoofprint. Her heart palpitates.

Another down the metaphysical staircase, koinophobia overpowering.

Another towards the inevitable. Twilight questions how she affords anything but despondence, living this evanescent life.

Another.

Epiphany: Were fate fabricated, the foreboding destination ought to comprise it.

Twilight hesitates in her plunge to ponder. Entertaining that, her playwright must purport to demolish Equestria throughoutly. Her upbringing, friendships, enthronement, and even oversight, all foreshadowing a Schicksalstragödie; her congruence, an instrument to accentuate the undoing.

Conclusion: She is, to not be. Absolute nihilism, unparalleled.

Helter-skelter, Twilight scrambles to seek affirmation, to validate nonexistent existence.

She recites the thaumaturgic axioms and draws blank.

—She studied, but didn’t.

She reaches for her wings and regalia and finds naught.

—She ascended, but didn’t.

She reasons her hypergrammia and raises nothing.

—She chose, but didn’t.

She recollects her life and rings void.

—She lived, but didn’t.

She recalls her friends, the bearers.

—Surprisingly, she remembers everything. From library to throne, from alone to accompanied, the many shared sentiments and actions prevails mnemonically.

Friendship defines her.

When nothing outlives everything, how does a mare testify to her existence?

Twilight Sparkle defenestrates.