• Published 31st Aug 2023
  • 236 Views, 6 Comments

CRYSTAL WARS II Return Of Magic - discordjediknight



Star Wars and My Little Pony inspired tale, three years after Spike learned he can control magic, he must face he's best friend again. Will he save the galaxy, or will he choose to save her.

  • ...
 6
 236

Chapter ll No Answers

The golden phoenix descended from the skies till it landed in a field not too far away from the entrance of a cave. As it did the little ones now a bit older ran to the ship.

"Jacky!" shouted a Yong teenage mare.

Jacky smiled as she hugged her. "Hay how have things been around here?"

"Well, since you guys left a month ago the rebel alliance has grown a lot. We had to extend the landing bay for all the ships we'd been gathering."

"That's good. It's been hard with the empire cracking down on us, but we got those supplies we needed..at least enough for a few weeks."

"That's all?" Her sister whined.

"Afraid so." Rarity replied,

"Rarity!" Shouted Bell and Diamond. The two young mares ran and hugged their sisters.

"Oh, I missed you guys." She cooed. Just then she looked up from the two and saw several ponies and dragons giving her a bad look as they turned and began gossiping.

"Your still popular it seems." Jacky sighed.

She looked away. "I don't blame them, I did lie, I'm just glad they agreed to join the alliance afterward...Luckily they follow you, Jacky."

"Yeah, becoming a leader of a rebellion was not what I had in mind but we have hope," we have Spike.

"I don't know Jacky, I'm worried about him." She replied.

Jacky looked over her shoulder and saw the dragon with a smile on his face bringing out crates of supplies. "He seems fine to me." She shrugged.

"You and I both know he's only acting." Rarity narrowed her eyes.

"I know but there's nothing new can do right now. Just get to work alright, and later on well..." Just then some one called for Jacky. She rolled her eyes, " Welp seems I'm needed," See ya later OK?

Rarity smiled and raised her hoof to her head, saluting her. "Yes general."

Jacky nervously laughed. "Please don't call me that, it's weird coming from you." The two friends laughed before Jacky headed to work leaving Rarity to do hers.


Spike set the crate he was carrying down near a table, as he did a flash of pink jumped up seemingly out of nowhere. "Hi Spike, mission accomplished huh," said a high-pitched and excited voice.

"Oh, Hay Pinky, Yeah we got a few weeks of supplies, We tried to get more but the empires really cracking down."

Pinky grinned," At least we have some. Some are better than nothing." Something Spike quickly learned about Pinky was how she loved looking on the bright side of things. Surprising since she was a former stormtrooper clone. You wouldn't know it looking at her now though. Her once dull pink fur was made bright and shiny thanks to the exposure she got to the sun. Her pink straight hair was now curled and poofy. She no longer wore the cold white armor of the empire. She was now in a camouflage brown suit to match the area of the ground.

"Welp I got to get back to looking out for the empire, make sure Jacky puts away her ship soon alright, it's a big marker of where we're at." She told him before hopping away.

"Will, do." Spike smiled and turned to the other standing there.

"So Fluttershy any memories return." He asked.

She shrugged. "Not really. I mean I have this one with me laughing alongside someone drinking tea but," she shook her head. "I can't remember who."

"That must be terrible not to have your memories."

"Yes, but knowing what I know, I wonder if I really do want to remember." She replied curiously. "So how's training", she smiled.

"What training?" Spike rolled his eyes, as he leaned against the crate.

"Come now, your telling me you've made no progress." Fluttershy narrowed her eyes.

"I memorized at least a hundred spells. There's even one to give you a facial hair, he chuckled. But without the crystal, I can't use any magic. I can belch fire. But I can't get fire spells to work. And he still refuses to teach me anything."

Flutershy softly smiled brightly at him as she gave a little giggle. "Your on your way don't worry, I'm sure Star Swirl has his reasons."

"Yeah, tossing the crystal into an underground lake is such a good idea," He replied a bit frustrated.

"You'll get it," she smirked.

"And how do you do it? Your able to use magic just fine."

"I don't know Spike. I can't remember. I just know," she shrugged. "I think that's what he's trying to teach you. You just have to find it in yourself." She placed a hoof on his shoulder, you will find it, someday. She said before she walked away.

"Someday might be too late," he mumbled under his breath, remembering his so-called first lesson with Star Swirl.


Star Swirl stepped over to the old tree that stood in the cave. The creatures of the cave covered the walls in green blue and purple luminosities. Spike walked on behind him, he was amazed at the sight of the cave. It was a vast cavern with a small lake.

"Spike Sparkle." His master called out his name, as he turned around.

Spike stood as tall as he could with a smile.

"Simply put I will not teach you."

""What?" He asked confused.

"Unless you can answer me this. What is the source of magic?"

"Hmm oh," he pulled out the crystal he had. "It's this," he smiled confident in his answer.

"Ah yes." Star took the star-shaped crystal from his claws and used his magic to make it float mid-air. "The crystal heart. What do you know about it?" He asked his student.

"I know it's a powerful relic that has the power to destroy a planet. I also know it has the power to do good as well if in The right hands. The knights of harmony were created to protect it once, weren't they?"

"Yes." He replied softly." The crystal heart, this is but a single shard, one of seven, if brought together the other pieces it could bring peace I suppose."

Spike smiled excited to learn.

"But you are wrong."

"I am," Spike scratched his head in confusion.

"That is what the people of the Galaxy have always assumed, yet they are always wrong. As are you, Simply put the crystal heart is useless." He then tossed the crystal into the lake.

Spike panicked a bit, hay, he said about to jump after it, but was stopped by Star Swirls magic.

"To become a knight you must unlearn what you have learned. Those crystals hold no threat and are better off at the bottom of that lake as a fancy pebble. You must know who your real threat is. Now tell me what is the source of all magic, if not the crystal?"

"I, I don't know. Aren't you supposed to teach me?"

"Teach you yes, but what kind of teacher would I be if I gave you all the answers?" He began to walk away. "This is something you must figure out yourself, until you do I can not train you."

Spike just sat at the base of the tree watching the last of the ripples fade on the lake until its surface became still once more.

Author's Note:

Hope you all enjoyed guys.