• Published 22nd Jun 2023
  • 1,500 Views, 33 Comments

G5 Adventures in The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge out of Water - ponydog127



Our intrepid crew of heroes braves the deepest ocean with SpongeBob SquarePants to stop Opaline's latest plot.

  • ...
3
 33
 1,500

The Super-Powered Battle (Part 2: Opaline)

Everyone was now on the same page-- after Misty had finally received her cutie mark, Sunny declared that they were going to find Sparky and save Equestria from Opaline's reign of terror.

But since SpongeBob and the gang had never seen Opaline before, they had no idea what to look for. “Okay, lassie,” Mr. Krabs said to Misty. “Ye know this Opaline better than any of the rest of us. Where do we find her?”

“Well... in Equestria, Opaline would be in a large castle, looming in the shadows of the mountains,” Misty recalled. “So she'd probably be in a similar structure. But... since we've never seen this town before...”

“...we'll never be able to find something like that, right?” Squidward deadpanned with a scoff. “That's just perfect.”

“I don't think Misty meant NEVER, Squidward,” Zipp frowned. “She just meant it would take longer for us to find something that Opaline would reside in.”

“Sunny! Friends!”

Everyone looked down to see Skygrace and Riverstream flying down to them. “Riverstream! Your majesty!” Sunny smiled. “Did you find any clues as to where Opaline is hiding out?”

“We think we have,” Skygrace said. “We spotted some sort of invisibubble over a sector of town, but when we got close, a wind blew us away, and we weren't able to find it again.”

“That invisibubble reminds me of the one Twilight Sparkle once put over Equestria before magic was lost,” Zipp pondered. “So... it makes me think...”

“You think Opaline copied that same spell to prevent anyone from getting close to where she's keepin' Sparky?” Sandy asked. “Maybe,” Sunny pointed out. “I think we should go and check it out, just to be sure.”

“Great!” Riverstream spread her wings. “Only... we don't know where exactly the invisibubble is exactly-- got blown away, remember?”

Misty then heard a chirping sound from nearby, and watched as a butterfly landed on her right front hoof. “Oh... hey there, little guy. What can I do for you today?”

The butterfly chirped enthusiastically, and Misty nodded. “I'm sure I can find you some flowers, but maybe a little later. Right now, we're in the middle of something. Have you seen a giant invisible bubble around here anywhere? Someplace where an evil fire alicorn would hide out and steal the dragon fire from a baby dragon?”

SpongeBob, Izzy and Patrick turned to see Misty talking to the butterfly as the butterfly chirped again. “You know where it is?” Misty asked, and the butterfly chirped again. “That's great! Just show us the way!”

The butterfly took off, and Misty immediately turned to the others. “Guys! My new butterfly friend knows where Opaline's new hideout is! We need to follow him!”

“Follow a butterfly?” Plankton said skeptically. “You think your new cutie mark is affecting your logic, kid?”

“I know it sounds crazy, but I think this might either be part of my magic, or one of my superpowers! We have to try something,” Misty said. “Let's go, before he moves too far off!”

XXXXXXXXX

As the butterfly was leading everyone to Opaline's hideout, the said fire alicorn looked out the window of a creepy abandoned house, turning to the bubble that held Sparky as his dragon fire was inserted into the dragon stone she had retrieved from her castle. “Finally, I will possess my full enhanced fire powers! I've been waiting for this moment for so long! Hundreds of moons! And finally... nopony will be able to stop me-- not even those pathetic, water bound fools!”

XXXXXXXXX

At the same time she was victoriously laughing, the group arrived at the house and the invisibubble surrounding it. “Ooooh...” Pipp shuddered. “I can feel Opaline's evilness really radiating off this place. So... what's the plan?”

Misty turned to the butterfly, and she nodded as it chirped. “I can work with Monty about ripping the bubble apart, but we can buy you just enough time to sneak in, grab Sparky and defeat Opaline in such a harsh battle she never bothers us or this world again!”

As she panted from explaining the plan in one breath, SpongeBob blinked. “You named him Monty?”

“Not really a good time to ask, SpongeBob!” Zipp said scoldingly. “Misty, get that bubble open!”

Misty nodded and charged, piecing her horn into the side of the bubble, and where she pierced her horn into it, a small hole began to form. “Hurry! Your majesty, River, Mr. Krabs, Sandy, Plankton! Stay out here and help demolish the rest of this thing! The rest of you, go!”

The rest of them quickly got inside, and Sunny turned to her friends. “Come on, guys-- let's get this plan underway and get Opaline out of this world for good!”

XXXXXXXXX

Sparky's dragon fire had almost completely charged the dragon stone, and Opaline laughed victoriously as the dragon fire lit her horn, chest, anklets and wings.

This was it.

Her fire powers were finally at full strength!

Nothing could stop her now!

That is... until she heard horrible clarinet playing from downstairs, and she instantly cringed at the sound. “Now what?!” she screeched, and sighed ultimately. “I better go shut them up before I waste all my powers on them.”

What she didn’t know when she was going downstairs, Zipp was carrying Hitch in her hooves, and they had plucked a sharp branch to free Sparky from the bubble. Hitch gasped at the state Sparky was in. “Sparky!”

Zipp flew out of the window as she flew under Sparky to make sure he didn't fall. “Don’t worry, Sparky-- we're here to rescue you!”

Hitch stuck his head out as he used the stick to pop the bubble Sparky was in as Zipp caught him. “Gotcha!”

Zipp quickly delivered the weakened Sparky back to Hitch, who nuzzled him even with the mask on. “I'm never letting you go again...”

Sparky cooed weakly, but happily, and Squidward panted as he scaled the side of the building, finally reaching the window. “Why couldn't I have flown up with you two?!”

“Sorry, Squidward. We couldn't have had that happen, lest we wanted Opaline to figure out our plan,” Hitch said. “Come on-- we better help Sunny and the others with the rest of the plan.”

XXXXXXXXX

Opaline flew down to the center of the house, where she saw Misty, Izzy and Pipp loudly playing the clarinets Squidward had crafted for them, and when they noticed her, Misty smirked. “Hey, Opaline! Like our song of victory?! Pipp wrote it just for this screeching moment!”

“Where are the rest of--” Opaline began to ask when she realized this was a trick. She growled and went to stop the ponies from getting Sparky but she was blocked by none other than Sunny, SpongeBob and Patrick. “So...” SpongeBob huffed. “You're the evil alicorn.”

“Oh, is that what they're calling me?” Opaline sneered as her wings and horn flared with dragon fire. “Better make it evil FIRE alicorn-- OPALINE ARCANA!!”

Izzy gulped nervously. “Uh oh.”

“Oh dear...” Pipp said fearfully. “Sunny and her friends warned us about you meanie!” Patrick said. “You tried to steal their magic!”

“And now that I have the dragon's power, I'll do it again right now!” Opaline cackled before blasting at the group, prompting them to split up. But after they did, Opaline focused her sites on Sunny herself. “Oh, whoa!” Sunny called out as she ran around. “Ha ha! Missed!”

“Ah!” Opaline cried out as she fired another beam as she then fired at the wall where Sunny was running under, and a chunk of it fell on top of Sunny, trapping her. Izzy gasped in horror as SpongeBob and Patrick screeched to a halt. “SUNNY!!”

Misty, SpongeBob and Patrick gasped before Patrick and SpongeBob tried to lift the wall off of Sunny. “Look at me.” Opaline said with an evil smirk. “Do you really think you could stop a fire alicorn? Ahahaha...”

But before she could use her magic on Sunny, something hit her in the face, and it was revealed that Izzy was throwing bottles and books right at her. “Leave... Sunny... alone!”

Opaline shook the book off her face before Pipp threw a potion bottle at her. “Yes! Leave her alone!”

“You pests!” Opaline yelled out as she trapped Izzy and Pipp in a bubble, and flung it at SpongeBob and Patrick, also trapping them and sealing off their superpowers. “You weak little ponies can’t stop Opaline Arcana!”

Izzy, Pipp, SpongeBob and Patrick gasped from this as Sunny grunted to get the big chunk off as her alicorn magic lit up. Then, as Opaline fired at the imprisoned group, Sunny leapt before them, reflecting a golden shield and causing them to cheer, and Opaline to reel back. “Uh oh...”

“Maybe alone, we can’t!” Sunny called. “But together, we can do anything!”

She then engaged in an epic battle with Opaline, all while Misty watched on with shock. “Yes!” SpongeBob cheered. “You can do it, Sunny!”

“Way to glow, Sunny!” Pipp cried as Squidward, Zipp, Hitch and Sparky came down to witness the battle. “Yeah!” Zipp cheered. “We have your back!”

“Get her!” Squidward shouted, and Hitch used the stick to get the bubble popped and freed the others, just as the royal sisters, Mr. Krabs, Sandy and Plankton barged in to witness the battle.

As they encouraged Sunny with all their might, the ponies' cutie marks glowed as Opaline was still firing. Misty looked there with a small smile as she watched the battle. “You can do it, Sunny.”

Her new cutie mark began to glow as she fueled the battle scene, and the magic of the cutie marks fueled Sunny so her cutie mark glowed as well.

Opaline gasped from that as Sunny shot her magic at Opaline, knocking her down before putting a magic bubble around her as she landed, noticing Sparky before anything else. “Sparky! Aw, I’m so glad you’re okay!” she said in relief as she and Sparky touched heads as they nuzzled. That's when Skygrace stepped toward the evil alicorn. “You lose, Opaline... surrender now, or things won't end well.”

“NEVER!!!” Opaline screamed. “Mark my words... I'LL BE BACK!!!”

She lit her horn in flames from inside the bubble, and when the flames finally died down...

...Opaline was gone.