• Published 22nd Jun 2023
  • 1,500 Views, 33 Comments

G5 Adventures in The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge out of Water - ponydog127



Our intrepid crew of heroes braves the deepest ocean with SpongeBob SquarePants to stop Opaline's latest plot.

  • ...
3
 33
 1,500

Journey through Time and Space (Part 2)

Sunny knew that they were getting closer to the right moment in time-- she could feel it in her hooves. But since Opaline had hold of Sparky who knows where to get her fire powers back, they would have to move quickly and retrieve the formula and get Sparky, so they could change their current events.

There was no if or buts about it... it was now or never.

Finally, the time machine's ride was slowing down, and they heard voices coming into existence... particularly Plankton and SpongeBob's voices, which Sunny and her friends guessed was the voices of their past selves.

Past SpongeBob’s voice gasped first. “Plankton?!”

“SpongeBob?!”

Finally, the time machine poofed into existence, and everyone quickly hopped out of it. “Plankton?!” Past SpongeBob gasped. “SpongeBob?!” Past Plankton exclaimed. “Who are you all supposed to be?”

“I'm you,” Plankton told his past self, “from the future.”

“And we're them from the future!” Hitch said, pointing to the past selves of himself, his friends and SpongeBob, who looked incredibly shocked. “So you traveled back through time to help me?” Past Plankton asked. “Great thinking!”

“Nope. He's helping us,” Pipp spoke confidently, but Past SpongeBob gasped in shock. “But he's the enemy!”

Was the enemy,” SpongeBob took the current Plankton into his hand. “Now we're all one, big multiverse team.”

“What?” Past Plankton looked confused. “A te-am?”

“A team!” Plankton responded, finally getting it right as he leapt down. “All right, now go get Sparky and the formula!”

The ponies swam into the main part of the restaurant as fast as their fins could take them, while SpongeBob ran toward Past Plankton and the safe... while Past Zipp looked toward her friends in shock. “What have we become...?”

Nonetheless, Past SpongeBob approached current Plankton and smiled goofily. “Do you have flying boat mobiles in the future?”

“We only came back from the day after tomorrow, dim wit.”

“Are there... rocket packs?”

XXXXXXXXX

The ponies looked around all the main parts of the restaurant before they regrouped, no one holding a fish-turned dragon and looking rather glum. “No sign of him,” Zipp shook her head. “Opaline must have got Sparky while he was alone.”

“Sparky...” Hitch trembled. “What do we do now?”

“We have to keep faith,” Misty said, “and hope and pray that the formula returning will be enough to convince the townsfolk to snap out of this phase and help us.”

XXXXXXXXX

Past SpongeBob and Plankton kept coversing, while the past ponies wondered what their future selves were doing. “Did they outlaw clothes in the future?”

“No!”

“Then why are you naked?”

“Cause they don't make clothes in my size.”

“Hold still, you!” SpongeBob chased Plankton's past self all around the vault, and Past SpongeBob asked current Plankton one last question as the current ponies returned. “If you're from the future, what am I gonna say next?”

“Something moronic?”

“Wow...”

“No sign of Sparky-- Opaline already took him,” Zipp told current Plankton before turning to current SpongeBob. “SpongeBob, hurry up over there!”

But then, SpongeBob knocked the decoy formula bottle off the pressure plate and the light went off, causing Past Plankton to scream. “Uh oh... that ain't good.”

Initiating lockdown sequence.

“Come on, SpongeBob!” Sunny cried as they raced for the time machine. “We gotta get outta here!”

“Got it!” SpongeBob grabbed the bottle and raced toward the time machine, barely making it before it disappeared. On the way back to their time, the others laughed and cheered happily at some of their mission being a success. “Oh my glitter,” said Izzy, “that was crazy!”

Plankton hugged the formula bottle like it was a tender baby by that point. “So that's what teamwork is. All those years, I tried to make you mine and I finally did it. I mean, we did it!”

“Yeah we did!” Zipp agreed. “Now all we need is the town to help us find Sparky, and Equestria is saved!”

But will it be as easy as it sounds?

XXXXXXXXX

At the surface, Burger Beard was finishing up another chapter of the book after being forced to by the seagulls. “And so, it would seem that our heroes have accomplished all they had set out to do.”

“Now, that's an ending,” said one of the seagulls as they cheered, but before the song and dance portion could commence, Opaline emerged from below deck and slowly sauntered past them. “Oh, no. That's not the end... not by a long shot.”

“Then,” said Kyle, the youngest seagull, “you mean the ending might be even happier?”

Burger Beard ignored this and pulled out his telescope, seeing a view of the beach ahead of them. “Land ho! Opaline, prepare to engage the land wheels!”

Opaline scoffed. “It is thanks to me you have land access, and THAT'S what you have me do in return? Geez...”

She activated a button which caused wheels to sprout out below deck, and the pirate ship drove onto a strip of pavement, much to the bewilderment of the passing tourists. “All right, you feathered rats, time to shove off!” Opaline snarled. “What? Why?” Andy asked. “Well, I can't have you pooping all over this restaurant, can I?”

“Restaurant?” asked Andy. “I thought this was a pirate ship.”

“Oh, it is. But it is also...” Burger Beard activated a mechanism that turned his pirate ship into a food truck with a pirate theme. “...my very own food truck.”

“A what?”

“Uh, you know, a restaurant on wheels.”

“Like a garbage truck?”

“No!” Opaline snarled. “Are you trying to scare away the customers?!”

“Well, we're not leaving until we see how the story ends.”

But one flare from Opaline's horn was enough to send them flying and squawking away. “Well done,” Burger Beard smirked. “But what of the baby dragon you captured?”

“He's right here,” Opaline levitated a scared Sparky up to their faces. “And once I use the dragon stone I acquired to steal his dragon fire and gain my power back... those ponies will be the first to go.

XXXXXXXXX

Back in the post-apocalyptic present, Patrick was staring longingly at the picture of the Krabby Patty he was handed earlier. “Uh... Squidward?”

“Still out of Krabby Patties.”

But then, a crazed Sandy appeared and spoke to all the fish there. “I done figured it out! We have angered the sandwich gods and only a sacrifice will appease them!”

“Oh, that sounds fair,” a big fish stated with a shrug as Sandy continued. “Soon, our post-apoca-whatchamacallit will be over and Krabby Patties will rain down from above!”

“Rain down?!” Mr. Krabs cried. “Well that's no good! How will I get me money?!”

“Oh, you don't like that idea?” asked Nat. “Then we'll just sacrifice YOU!!”

The crowd carried Mr. Krabs over to the door with shouts of agreement, just before the time machine appeared, and SpongeBob and Plankton appeared from the inside with the ponies, and SpongeBob was the first to speak. “It's not a good idea to have a sacrifice on an empty stomach,” he said, holding up a bottle. “Who wants a Krabby Patty?!”

The crowd cheered at this, and Mr. Krabs gasped in delight upon seeing his beloved formula again. “SpongeBob, is that me formuler? Oh, happy day!” he cheered, kissing the bottle. “I've missed you so much. Where was it? Where'd you find it?”

“Well, Plankton, SpongeBob and all us ponies made this time machine out of an old photo booth and then we added--,” Sunny explained, just when Patrick got into the time machine. “Cheese!”

“Patrick, wait!” SpongeBob cried, but to the shock of the crowd, Patrick vanished along with the time machine. “It's okay, everyone,” Mr. Krabs reassured them. “The post-apocalypse is almost over!”

The crowd cheered, and the ponies, SpongeBob and Plankton high fived each other before Mr. Krabs unrolled the piece of paper in the bottle, and read what it said. “Eugene, Eat My Sub-aquatic Air Bubbles! Love, Plankton?!”

The ponies gasped as Plankton turned to glare at SpongeBob. “You grabbed the wrong bottle!” he said, and Sunny swam in front of the crab with a pleading look. “We are SO sorry, Mr. Krabs!”

“That's okay, me dear... we'll just have to sacrifice the eight of you then! Prepare them for the sacrifice!”

Sunny and the ponies whimpered nervously as the crowd began to surround them, but then, Patrick reappeared with the time machine. “I bring a message from the dawn of time!”

SpongeBob smiled-- this might be something to listen to... and maybe it's something hopeful. “What is it, Patrick?”

“RUN!!!” Patrick screamed and ran from the time machine... just as a squid-a-saurus rex emerged from inside it, and caused the crowd to fall into panic, while Sunny, Zipp, Hitch, Izzy and Pipp tried to calm them. And then, SpongeBob spoke nervously as he, Plankton and Misty anxiously watched the scene. “Well, Plankton, I guess we failed to accomplish our goals.”

Plankton looked down at him in disbelief. “We?

“But...” said SpongeBob meekly, “even failure hurts a little less when you do it as a team, right?”

But that's when Plankton revealed his true feelings toward SpongeBob and his 'teamwork' methods with these next few words...

THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

Author's Note:

I'm sorry if this felt a little rushed, but there was a lot of unlikable scenes I wanted to skip, and I have plans for tomorrow, so I wanted to get this out there before then.