• Published 13th Nov 2023
  • 498 Views, 2 Comments

The Fate of the Magic - Harrison Sparrow



Sunny falls in love with a handsome pegasus, whilst Opaline prepares to plot her biggest attack in Equestria yet!

  • ...
 2
 498

2. A Handsome Pegasus

At Maretime Bay, Hitch, Zipp and Sparky go around the town to pop up all of the posters on the news boards. Most of the residents seem interested, whereas some where... well, a little skeptical. Maybe they need to think about it a tad more.

One of them who WAS skeptical was Posey Bloom, as she wanted to remind Zipp about the recent festival they had done before.

"You do know that we had a festival a few months back, right, Princess Zipp?" Posey reminded.

"Yes we did, Posey, but this one? Glastonpony is where we bring out the best in ourselves." Zipp assured, and she brings out a list of ponies who agreed to help out. "Why don't you sign up and help us out? We can sure use your blooming flowers for the occasion."

"Ooh, NOW you're talking!" Posey accepted with a smile, as she signs up.

"Zipp, we're already on a roll!" Hitch said. "I told the Pippsqueaks that they'll be able to help out Pipp with the costumes."

"No problem, I'll spread the word." She said, as she went on her phone.

Hitch suddenly sees trouble and goes after the culprits. "Hey! That's a violation of-"

Zipp saw this as she giggled. "Never change, Hitch."


At Zephyr Heights, Pipp is helping Sunny pop up their pile of posters around the city. Pipp then gets the message sent from her sister, and she squeals with joy.

"Sunny! The Pippsqueaks have agreed to help me on the costume designs!"

"That's amazing, Pipp!" Sunny said. "Are Electric Blue on board?"

"They said they're gonna blow everypony away, so they couldn't resist on saying 'yes'!"

"This keeps getting better and better! But we're not done yet, just need to ask a couple more ponies around here."

"Oh! Don't ever leave out my mom, because if that ever happens, she could flip."

"She won't be, not even her royal guards. We need the best security we got. To the castle?"

"TO THE CASTLE!" Pipp agreed, as they both make a run for it.

However, on the way, whilst Sunny was getting through the big crowd of Pegasi... "Oh, sorry! Coming through!" ...she suddenly bangs into another pegasus, knocking them both to the ground.

Slowly but surely, Sunny gets back on her hooves whilst holding her nose, and sees the pegasus struggling to get up. The pegasus then looked up at Sunny with a slight blurry vision until it returns to normal.

"Are... are you an... angel?" He asked weirdly.

"Angel?!" Sunny reacted, and then laughed. "Are you okay?" She holds her hoof out, helping the pegasus get back up.

"*groan* Yeah, I'm fine. You got me good there." He stretches his legs out.

"I'm really sorry about that, I wasn't watching where I was going."

"No, it's good. I mean, I wasn't watching where I was going either, so... *chuckle* Yeah, I guess some ponies make mistakes sometimes, do they?"

"*giggle* 'Nuff said. Are you in a hurry or something?"

"Uh, not much. Just doing a tough job, as usual. What about you?"

"Maybe a little. I'm heading down to the Royal Palace to ask Queen Haven and her guards about a new festival my friends put in plan."

The pegasus felt surprised. "Wow, a festival?! What kind?"

Sunny looks down on the pegasus' hoof, which was standing on a dropped poster. "Um... that. What you're standing on right now."

The pegasus took his hoof off of it... "Oh, this?" ...picks it up and has a close look. "Glastonpony: Where Variety is Always Welcome. Sign-ups available. What is it about?"

"Pretty much magic, friendship, music and, uh... unity."

"Nice combo. Is anyone gonna perform? You probably can't have a giant festival without big artists, right?"

"So far, we got Electric Blue on board, and Ruby Jubilee's working on some new music, so that leaves us with the rest."

"Sounds like you're taking this real seriously. And you're planning to make a stage THAT big? I don't know, it'll probably take days to get it built."

"Well, it is a huge job, but as long as me and my friends stick together, we may have it done in a flash. You'll never know."

"*scoff* Then I suppose you better get on with it and not waste another second."

"Yeah, good call. Well, it was... nice meeting you, I think."

"Oh, you too, and um..." He said, as he picked up more dropped posters. "...don't leave these."

Sunny took them from him and nodded her head. "Thank you." She passed by and started to run off.

But then, the pegasus suddenly thought of something and turned his head. "I'm Zack, by the way!" He called out.

Sunny stopped after hearing this, as she never heard a handsome stallion call out their name to her before. She looks back at him, and after a couple more seconds, says... "I'm Sunny."

Zack took that in and smiled at her. "That's a nice name."

Sunny smiled back and felt a little blushed by that. Those were some kind words.

"SUNNY, LET'S GO!" Pipp desperately called out, not wanting to wait any longer.

"Sorry, Pipp, I'm coming!" Sunny said, as she backed out on staring at Zack and ran off.

"*sigh* What a girl..." Zack said softly. He probably never saw a girl that beautiful before. Who knows if this could mean the start of a loving relationship? Only time will tell!


In the throne room of the castle, Haven is relaxing on her chair with Cloudpuff and her guards by her side. Sunny and Pipp barge through the door, alerting them.

"HALT!" The guards shouted, as they defended the queen.

"Guards, stand down, for Celestia's sake, it's just Sunny with my little princess!" Haven said.

"Oh, uh... *clears throat* apologies, your highness." Thunder said, and he pointed to Zoom. "She started it."

Zoom felt shocked that he accused her. "What?! Get a grip, Thunder, if you please!" She said.

"Hey, you made me join in with you on the 'halt' thing!" Thunder said.

"Oh, did I?! You should've known!"

"Should've known what?! Not to say the word!? You're not even the boss of me here!"

Seeing that they're getting into an argument, Haven wasn't having it. "ENOUGH!" She shouted, and they stopped. "Both of you. I am your queen, and I will never tolerate disrespect like this ever again, understand?!"

Cloudpuff growled at them just to ensure.

"Understood." They said, and they allow Sunny and Pipp to move forward.

"Hi, Mom." Pipp said.

"Aw, hello, my little darling!" Haven said lovingly, as they have a warm embrace. "How is my favorite pop sensation?"

"Doing great, as always. But you're not gonna believe what I have planned!"

"Ooh! Tell me, is it a... royal get-together dinner party for tonight?"

"Uh, no." Pipp said a little disappointingly.

"No?! I thought you always loved having that sort of thing!"

"Of course I do! It's just that... it is something much bigger than that."

"Yeah, like a 'you won't believe your eyes' moment that you should never refuse to see." Sunny added.

"Well, I do like surprizes like that, surely." Haven admitted, and then looked at their bags. "But what have you two brought here?"

Cloudpuff jumped up on Pipp's bag and grabs a poster with his mouth.

"Hey, Cloudpuff, don't eat that!" Sunny said with worry.

"Sunny, please. What makes you think he would eat some of your finest work? You should always have faith in my little dog."

"Oh yeah, like Hitch has a lotta faith in his animal friends."

Haven grabbed the poster from her dog. "Well, what do we have here?" She looked at it and felt a little confused. "Glastonpony?"

"Yeah, another music festival, but only this time, it'll be the biggest one ever in the history books!" Pipp assured.

"I don't understand, the last festival in Bridlewood was only a few months back, and now you want to do another one? And what exactly is a Glastonpony?"

"*scoff* It's not a special type of pony, Your Majesty, it's exactly what Pipp said: another music festival!" Sunny corrected.

"Okay, so tell me; what makes this any different compared to Bridlewoodstock?"

"So, it's all about celebrating music, magic, friendship and unity together, which Bridlewoodstock mostly had." Pipp said.

"But the big difference here is that it's gonna have so much more: games, rides, a workout area, and for the first time in centuries - dragons!" Sunny said in a fearsome voice.

"Stunning!" Pipp said stylishly.

"Oh, good heavens!" Haven said in surprise. "And are there any ponies signed up for this?"

"Yes, there are." Pipp said. "We got Posey Bloom and Dahlia doing the decorating, and the Pippsqueaks for the costume designing..."

"And what about any artists?"

"At the moment, we have Electric Blue and Ruby Jubilee, and even better, they'll have new songs in store for us!" Sunny said happily.

"But what about you, Pipp?" Haven asked. "Should you be performing, too?"

"Honestly, Mom, you would never come on down if I wasn't gonna be a part of it."

"So is that a 'yes'?" Haven said hopefully.

"Absolutely! Oh, and I was also wondering if... you and Alphabittle would like to be the presenters of the festival?"

Haven gasps with delight. "Really?! With Alphy?!! Oh, if I had to do it on my own, I wouldn't really take interest. But now that you've mentioned him... I will be HONORED!!" She signs her name on the paper, accepting the role.

Zoom and Thunder, however, feel a little jealous.

"Hey! What about us?" Zoom asked. "What should we be doing?"

"Yeah, if you're certainty about going to this festival thingy, Your Highness, then..." Thunder tried to say.

"Then I'd like you two to make sure everypony is on their best behaviour when the day arrives." Haven announces.

"So you're saying you want us to still be on guard duty while we're there?" Zoom said. "What about Sheriff Hitch? That's kinda his job, right?"

"At least we can still enjoy the experience together." Thunder said.

"Of course you will!" Sunny said, as she holds up the paper for them. "We'll need the best security we can get. The more, the merrier."

"I like your thinking, Starscout." Zoom smiled.

"I've never felt so happy in my life!" Thunder squealed.

As the guards sign their names, Pipp drags Sunny away, as she feels something is wrong.

"Uh, Sunny? Do we even know if Alphabittle is gonna be doing this?" She whispered.

"Why?"

"I may have lied to Mom!" She feared.

"But, have Izzy and Misty sorted that out yet?"

Author's Note:

Zack Thunderlane: Sunny's love interest who is an azure blue pegasus with thin brown hair. His cutie mark is two yellow thunder bolts.