• Published 20th Jul 2023
  • 217 Views, 2 Comments

Since Before the Stars Swirled - The Real Darkness



Shadow Aura struggles to co-exist with an Equestria he has long since not paticipated in.

  • ...
 2
 217

The Beginning of his Final Gambit

"No, no, no no no no no nononononono," Pulsar's head was going crazy.

"You were defeated! You were banished! Vanquished!" He shouted while he stood in the center of the soccer field, seeing a translucent crystal sitting in the middle of it, the mist not coming off anymore, but this pale white crystal had a very dark black spot at the bottom.

"Killed! They put you into the fucking snow again!" Students were gathering around.

"All of you! LEAVE!" A royal canterlot voice, something he hasn't used in...Equestria knows how long. The students, in absolute terror, slowly backed away, leaving the field.

"Hey hey! What's going on?!" A deep masculine voice was heard coming up from behind him.

Pulsar looked abck to see a blue haired student running to him, dressed the same kind of grunge that Sunset sometimes did.

"I told you to leave!" He boxed him up in a shield and sent him far away, setting him down all the way in the commerical district.

"Fuck...fuck fuck..." Pulsar kept a tight grip on his room and split a small bit more of the liquid made by the legendar Dingy Coat onto the black spot of the crystal and it refused to leave, the liquid evaporating in its use. He tied the vial back.

"Damn!"

He paced around it before he decided on a necessary action, he began to concentrate on the ground below him and rose solid rock up before encasing the crystal in it and began transmuting it into a different material altogether.

A tumerous lump of diamond surrounded the crystal, an incredible amount of magic had been spent from his rune.

"How the shit..."

He was still pacing in circles around it before he pulled paper and ink from the grass of the soccer field and began placing the ink onto the papers himself.

A truck quickly drove onto the soccer field and Sunset hopped out of the bed of it, sprinting to Pulsar. She attempted to grab his arm but a shield quickly formed around the mage and the lump containing some of the darkest magic, "never fucking finished ever since then."

"Who...what are you going on about?" Pulsar had been analyzing everything he could and recording all kind sof notes from basic description to reactions of different spells, looking for something, anything that could take care of the cursed object within.

Sunset's voice interrupted this, "hu...what?" He looked to her a little confused.

"Pulsar Splash, what's going on?" The other six were still in the truck, taking cover as Sunset commanded them to.

"King Shithead Sombra! That bastard who found my incantation circle before I could truly seal it away well enough!"

"I don't understand, I thought the Crystal Empire was safe!"

"It is...he's turned to stone, but it seems he's using his dark magic to try and get a new home to enslave," Pulsar began making the same incantation circle as earlier and this time, when he casted his spell, it lit a deep lavender.

"Who..what, somepony is casting a speech spell on me?"

"Princess Twilight Sparkle!" Sunset spoke aloud.

"Sunset how did you?"

"It's me, Pulsar Splash," silence came from the Equestrian side.

"Pulsar...Splash...THE Pulsar Splash?!"

"Yeah yeah, it's me, listen I used the moniker Shadow Aura, I'm that same pony. I need you to go check on the statue of Sombra, make sure he's still stuck in stone."

"Understood," silence, "Pulsar Splash! Sir!" Twilight addressed him as formally as she could, "he's gone!"

"That...my sins haunt me my entire life, even as I begin to do right somewhere else."

"Girls! Pony up! We got villain vanquishing to do," Sunset called to the truck and they ran over, beginning to buold some kind of magic within them.

Pulsar knew this one too, the magic of friendship.

The diamond tumor opened up so they could make a shot at it and as all of them began gaining Equestrian parts.

"Pulsar Splash, Sir Pulsar! Should I come over there?" Twilight asked.

"No, Princess, if they can't take care of this I have some research I'm going to have to complete or this world is doomed."

"What?!" Pulsar stopped casting the spell as a beam of friendship magic came from the seven of them and hit directly onto the black spot of the crystal for a solid minute.

Afterwards...the black spot was still there and had even grown a bit.

"Wha...it's still there?!" Pinkie Pie yelled.

"Sunset, please fill those six in on who King Sombra is."

"Fine, but we're having a conversation later!" Sunset spoke before she crowded the girls around her.

Pulsar began going around and around it again, gathering more and more information before he sealed the diamond tumor back up and looked at his rune. Celestia and Luna were already there, staring at Pulsar Splash. He approached them both and handed his rune to Luna, "a gift for your counsel. I do not recommend students be anywhere on campus, but I understand the importance of education," he smiled, "do not allow anyone on the soccer field, not even Rainbow Dash."

"What did you encase it in?" Celestia asked.

"A combination of diamond and volcanic rock to give it stability to its hard crystalline lattice. If anything tries to come out of that, it's gonna have a hard time. It's also heavily enchanted with an anti-magic ward, if you need to take it off, get in contact with Sunset or one of those six, they can reach me."

Celestia began to speak just for Luna to interrupt her, "we appreciate your quick action. I saw the crystal earlier and was concerned about its origins. I look forward to your quick resolution."

"You would have gone incredibly far in unicorn court, Luna," Pulsar turned back and saw Sunset staring at him with annoyance and frustration.

A look she somehow wore well according to him.

"I need to get going," he approached Sunset and grabbed her arm, pulling her along, "and you're coming with me."

"Where are we going?"

"Equestria, I need my study, I need my notes, my research, my magic, my everything if I'm gonna beat that."

"Why am I coming?"

"Because you're a mage! The only one I can trust with this damned information," he was approaching the statue.

"Wait! What about the week?!"

"You're spending the next three days at my place. Deal with it," he assertiveness was doing...something for her. She wasn't regularly challenged.

"Hey! You can't just take her to Equestria!" Rainbow Dash shouted, the girls giving chase.

Pulsar Splash pressed his hand to the statue face and it didn't give at all, "oh, I do not have time for this, Princess Twilight."

He had given his emptied rune to Luna, but now he was drawing upon the magic energy in this body he had, forcing the portal to become active, his eyes giving off a blinding white.

My conduit

That same voice of the Evermore breathed into his head before his hand gave way and he fell through with Sunset Shimmer.