• Published 8th Jun 2023
  • 351 Views, 12 Comments

What Happened to Flash Sentry? - FandomSam



The Rainbooms start noticing something of with a certain guitar player. See what could have happened to him across the multiverse

  • ...
 12
 351

Spirit of Vengeance Part 02

As night has fallen as the Rainbooms leave their favorite hangout spot with Fluttershy taking her turn to push Sunset.

“Man,” Sunset sighs, “I needed this.”

“I bet,” Rainbow walks ahead with her hands behind her head. “Must be hard to not stretch your legs. Ow!” the prism haired girl gets smacked upside the head by Applejack.

“Couldn’t ya ‘ave worded that any better?” the cowgirl scolds.

“Oh!” the sports girl looks down at her wheelchair bound friend as it dawns on her. “Yeah. Sorry, Sunset.”

“Don’t worry, Rainbow,” the yellow teen waves off the comment. “Besides, I know what you meant. Ever since Celestia brought me home with her, she had been hovering over me from day one. It’s not that I don’t appreciate everything she’s doing for me, but I need to breath.”

“Kinda sounds like my mom whenever I get sick,” Twilight notes.

“Huh,” that got Sunset thinking. “I guess it does,” she then shakes her head. “Anyway! Perhaps I can convince her to let me do shows with you girls again. I kinda miss being a Rainboom.”

The group looks at one another before turning to her.

“Are you sure you would be up for that, darling?” Rarity asks.

“I lost my legs, Rarity, not my arms,” the fiery haired girl does an air guitar. “I can still play. Just no fancy dance moves.”

“Ah’m shor we can work somth’n out,” Applejack tells her. “Maybe we can get Principal Celestia or Vice-Principal Luna ta let us put on a show next assembly?”

The Rainboom’s plans for their comeback show was halted by the sound of cars crashing. They quickly round the corner and are met by the sight of a ten-foot red scaled creature on its hind legs that end in cloven hooves. Upon its snake-like head rests a pair of antlers.

“Come on!” It shouts while swinging a long chain at a streetlight, ripping it out of the ground. “Blackheart said this be easy!”

“Okay, everyone,” Sunset grabs her geode. “Lets… Hey!” she feels her chair getting pulled away by Fluttershy. “What are you doing!?”

“Getting you outta here!” the blonde answers before turning to her prism haired friend. “Rainbow! Take Sunset home.”

“One it!” the lead guitarist salutes and in a rainbow streak, both her and Sunset are gone.

“Now then,” the southern girl and the rest of the Rainbooms grab their geodes. “Time to—”

Rainbow and Sunset suddenly return.

“What in tarnation? Ah told ya to get her outta here!”

“I was,” Rainbow rubs the back of her head. “We actually got to her front porch when Sunset made a very compelling case.”

The cowgirl crosses her arms. “That being?”

Sunset starts explaining. “We may have individual powers but when we’re apart, they’re weaker. Besides, the Magic of Friendship only works when we’re all together.”

Twilight turns to Applejack. “She does have a point.”

“Fine!” AJ growls. “But you better stay out of sight, Sunset.”

The former unicorn shrugs. “I’m okay with that. Not like my powers are for fighting anyway.”

Once again, everyone grabs their geodes. Applejack glances around. “Anybody else want have something to say?” No answer. “Good! Now we can power pony up.”

The Rainbooms’ outfits changed, and they gain pony ears as their hair extends down their backs.

“Let’s round up this varmint!” Applejack announces as the Equestria Girls, minus Sunset rushes towards the monster.

The Rainbooms were outdone by the monster. He was far stronger than Applejack where it could burst through Rarity’s barriers, Pinkie Pie’s exploding sprinkles only seems to annoy it, Twilight tried lifting the thing but it’s too heavy, and where Rainbow is faster than the beast she was concerned with keeping Fluttershy away whose powers are useless against it.

The monster starts laughing, “I can see why I was told not to worry about you. The seven of you… wait!?” It starts counting them. “One’s missing. Where’s the yellow one?”

Hearing that, Fluttershy hides her face behind her hair.

“Not you! The other one!”

Twilight tilts her head. “What do you want with Sunset?”

“Nothing. She’s just the bait.”

Unbeknownst to him, Sunset had been sneaking up behind the monster. With all her strength, the yellow teen jumps out of her chair and grabs the beast by the arm.

“Let’s find out what you really are,” and her eyes start glowing.

.oOo.

An armed guard throws a chained-up prisoner into the back of a transport truck.

“Never transported a man with a hundred life sentences before,” the guard commented as he closes the door.

The prisoner was alone for a moment until he looks up and sees a pale man in a black long coat. “What they got on you?”

“Nothing,” the man answers. “I’ve already gotten out of one prison and have no intention of going into another one.”

“Case you haven’t noticed, that’s exactly where this ride is going.”

“Perhaps,” the stranger then leans forward. “That doesn’t mean you’ll still be on it. What if I were to give you the strength were no bars can hold you. Even those chains that bind you will become your power. You’ll be a demon.”

The Prisoner squints at him. “What’s in it for you?”

“There’s an artifact that I’m after is being guarded by someone In exchange for your freedom, I want you to bring it to me.”

“And how might I find this artifact?”

“I can give you all the details after you agree,” the man extends his arm. “Do we have a deal?”

The Prisoner shrugs and accepts the offer. Not like he has a lot to lose.

.oOo.

Sunset is then thrown across the street.

“There you are?” the demon smiles. “Maybe he’ll come now that you’re in trouble,” he swings the chain towards her.

The former Equestrian closes her eye, readying for the impact. Only, it never came. Opening her eyes, Sunset finds a skeletal creature with a flame surrounding its head. It was standing in front of her with its arm out, catching the chain around its wrist.

“Stay away from her!” It roars as it grabs ahold of the chain and fire ignites the metal, leading all the way to the Demon, forcing it to let go. The Skeleton pulls the chain towards itself.

“Hey!” the monster lifts a car. “That’s mine!” and throws it towards them.

The Skeleton was quick to grab Sunset and dashes out of the way of the oncoming vehicle.

Curious about her savior, Sunset activates her powers.

.oOo.

Flash Sentry is sitting near his crashed car, leaning over a lifeless Sunset Shimmer. The boy was so distraught, he did not notice the presence of another.

“What are you willing to trade?” a raspy voice asks.

Looking up, the teen is startled to find a burning skeleton in an old duster and a Stetson on the back of a skeleton horse that to was on fire.

“What?”

“What are you willing to trade for her life?” the skeleton asks again.

Flash looks back down at Sunset. “Anything. I’d even take her place if I could.”

The skeleton seemingly glares at him as if pondering the answer. It then hops off the horse and approaches them. It then removes a glove to allow a burning skeletal hand to reveal itself and places it on the girl’s head.

Sunset then takes a gasp of air before passing out.

“Sunset,” Flash cries out in relief.

The skeleton then speaks up, “Keep your end of the bargain.”

The boy looks over at it to find the skeleton standing in front of him while holding out a rolled-up piece of paper.

Understanding what the skeleton meant, Flash gets up and accepts the paper. He immediately regrets it with the feeling of getting burned from the inside out.

“Keep the Contract from falling into the wrong hands,” the Skeleton tells the boy as his flames start to die out. “This is your sworn duty. You’re the Rider now, Kid.”

With that, the Skeleton turns to dust as does the horse.

Flash falls to the ground as he face seemingly burns away to reveal his skull as flames surrounds it.

.oOo.

The vision ends just as the Skeleton runs to the Rainbooms and hands Sunset over to Applejack. “Keep her safe.”

Rainbow Salutes. “Aye, aye, creepy dude!”

The Skeleton steps away but is stopped when Sunset calls out.

“Be careful, Flash!”

That catches the girls off guard and the Skeleton briefly looks back at the yellow girl before facing the demon.

“About time you show yourself, Ghost Rider,” the Demon steps towards him. “My boss wants the Contract.”

The Ghost Rider reaches into his coat to take out the rolled-up paper. “Come and get it,” he then places it back. The Rider then extends out the chain as it once again catches flames. Just as the Demon charges at him, the Rider starts swinging the chain.

End

Author's Note:

I present to you Part Two of Spirit of Vengeance.

Now, I'm not sure if I'll continue this. None of these entries are supposed to have a definitive ending. They weren't meant to be two parters either, but I sometimes get carried away when writing sometimes.

The idea was to leave them open to what could happen next.

The next entry will have nothing to do with this one.