• Published 27th May 2023
  • 896 Views, 21 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 15 - twilightsparkle3562



Welcome to Season 15 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

  • ...
5
 21
 896

Episode 5: "I Pledge Allegiance to Queen Opaline"

Author's Note:

Episode Summary: Now brought back to life, the Predacons are forced to swear allegiance to Queen Opaline, but Megatron will not go down without a fight.

Cast:

David Kaye as Megatron

Athena Karkanis as Queen Opaline

Bahia Watson as Misty

Alec Willows as Tarantulas

Colin Murdoch as Quickstrike

Jim Byrnes as Inferno

Brian Dobson as Rampage

Keith David as Barricade

Frank Welker as Soundwave

Tara Strong as Princess Twilight Sparkle

Cathy Wesluck as Spike

"My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" Season 15, Episode 5

"I Pledge Alliegance to Queen Opaline"

Written by Jeff Snyder (TwilightSparkle3562)

Edited by SuperPinkBrony12

"Yes!" Queen Opaline seethed as she held a spark in her aura. "Yes, my minion! You shall have new life once again." Taking the spark over to the damaged transmetal two body of Megatron, Opaline slowly placed the spark in Megatron's chest as it reconnected with its host.

"Megatron," Opaline said proudly. "When I was in Tartarus, I heard all about your history from King Sombra. Your history of leading the Predacons against the Maximals. But you failed to conquer them. But now, you have a new mistress to serve under…me! I have given you life. You will serve me and only me." Just then, she saw the dragon head blink its eyes and the wings on Megatron's back flap slightly. This gave Opaline more and more excitement for the reborn Predacon leader.

Stepping back, Opaline cried out in a loud voice! "Megatron, arise, and live again to serve me!"

Opening his eyes, Megatron looked around and saw that he was no longer on the battlefield in Ponyville, he was standing in the presence of King Sombra's widow. "I live again?" Megatron gasped, hesitant for a moment, but then excitement came in. "Yes…I live again!" Cackling, Megatron relished that he was alive once more. Looking down he saw that the bullets that had pierced his transmetal two skin were still there, but seemingly he had healed.

"Amazing, how did I return to life?" The Predacon wondered, looking over at Opaline. "And for that matter…who are you?"

Sneering, Opaline approached Megatron. "I am Queen Opaline, the true Queen of the Crystal Empire and widow to the true king, my husband, King Sombra. I am the sworn enemy of all that is good and decent in Equestria. It is a supreme honor to finally meet you,"

Chuckling, Megatron absorbed the second chance he had been given. "Well, how can I ever repay you?"

Smiling, Opaline looked out over the conquered town of Maretime Bay that had been since covered by a magical dome. "You can start…" She said, before turning around to face Megatron. "By swearing your allegiance to me."

Just that, all of the gratitude of being given a second chance at life was gone for Megatron. "What?!" He bellowed in disbelief.

"You?! Swear allegiance to a four legged creature?!" Megatron bitterly remarked. "You brought me back to life to swear allegiance to you? What for? What do you wish to do with me?"

Opaline explained. "I need an army to fight Princess Twilight Sparkle and her allies, of course. Do you remember what happened at the height of Grogar's war, before your demise?"

"Yes," Megatron growled, turning his back on the deposed queen of the Crystal Empire. "Optimus Primal and the Maximals aligned with her and destroyed us, crushing any hopes we had of winning the Beast Wars!"

Queen Opaline stepped forward and approached Megatron with keen interest in the Predacon leader. "That must have been a painful defeat, was it not?" She smirked, wrapping her forelegs around Megatron's waist. "Being blown to smithereens and then having to wander the galaxy endlessly for a long time?"

Awkwardly, Megatron tried to get away from Opaline, but she kept her grip on him. "If you think," He gulped. "That this is a way to make me serve you, then…"

"-Let's just say its a proposition," Opaline interrupted. "I'm actually no different than the princesses that took the Crystal Empire away from my family! But I am more powerful than they could ever hope to be!"

Just then, the doors to the throne room opened and in stepped Misty, whose eyes dropped at the sight of her mother's actions. "Uh, Mom…what are you doing?" She asked.

Hastily, Opaline released her grip on Megatron, much to his relief. "Just making a proposition with our new general here," She blushed, directing her daughter to look towards Megatron. "Megatron, this is my daughter, Princess Misty of the Crystal Empire."

Misty nervously and hesitantly bowed. "N-nice to meet you, Megatron."

"This is your daughter?" Megatron asked, closely inspecting Misty. "She looks no different than any of the other equines of this cursed kingdom."

"I resent that remark!" Misty grunted, and turned to Opaline. "The other Predacons are awaiting his return, Mother."

"What other Predacons?" Megatron questioned.

"The Predacons we brought back to life alongside you, Megatron," Opaline answered with a smile and a smirk. "They are all eager to see you again. Follow me to the courtyard."

As they walked, Megatron began to get a feeling that he was not being brought back to life to resume the Beast Wars, but of something else, serving a self proclaimed queen.

Following Opaline and Misty to the courtyard, Megatron saw that several of his core Predacons were standing in the courtyard, now fully repaired.

"Megatron!" Soundwave exclaimed, the panther Predacon bowing to him.

"What's he doing here?" Tarantulas muttered. "If only he stayed in the lava…"

"My queen, you have returned!" Inferno cried, much to Megatron's annoyance.

Grabbing Inferno with his dragon mouth, Megatron brought the loyal Predacon towards his face. "If I've told you once, I've told you a hundred times," He warned. "Never…ever…call…me…that."

"Of course, royalty." Inferno said as Megatron dropped him on his thorax.

Megatron then slowly approached the Alligator Predacon Shockwave and the Triceratops Predacon Barricade who saluted him. Finally, there was Dinobot II, the transmetal two clone of Dinobot that Megatron himself created. The one eyed beast shined his light on Megatron, before Opaline intervened.

"If you'll please, Dinobot II," Opaline commanded as he did as he was told, lowering his laser eye off of Megatron. "Good."

Opaline then proceeded to stand in front of the resurrected Predacons, eyeballing them over to ensure that they were going to obey every command she would give them.

Right away, Megatron could smell something off with this.

"I'm sure you are all wondering why you are all here, I suppose?" Opaline asked them. "In case you forgot who I am, I am Queen Opaline, the true Queen of Equestria's Crystal Empire, and widow of the true king, King Sombra. For too long, I rotted in the depths of Tartarus and now, thanks to my daughter, Princess Misty, I have escaped, and have set out to take back what is mine!"

"Oh boy!" Quickstrike murmured, the only Predacon not to acknowledge Megatron's return.

Opaline then took notice of Quickstrike and walked over to him, looking at him right in the eyes intently. "What's your name?" She asked. "I seem to recall recovering your spark in Cybertron."

"Quickstrike, little lady," The Predacon Fuzor. answered "May I reckon that…"

But Opaline tightened her grip on Quickstrike. "-You'll reckon nothing, insubordinate! In fact, I feel like you and I are going to have problems."

"I hope not, missy." Quickstrike said through his choked gasps.

"What crimes has he committed within your ranks?" Opaline demanded.

"He tried to assassinate me," Megatron answered. "Had it not been for the arrival of the Vok's Emissary, I would have destroyed him for treason!"

"Treason?" Opaline asked, pulling Quickstrike out of the line and forcing him to stand in front of his fellow Predacons. "You are all here for a purpose, and that purpose will not involve treason of any kind! The world as you know it is over. You work for me and my daughter in taking back what is rightfully ours!"

"I work for no one!" Megatron protested while stomping his foot down! "Especially not for an equine like you!"

Just then, the sounds of rumbling were heard and a transmetal crab Predacon drove into the courtyard with three rotating cannons spinning on its front. Driving up to Opaline and Quickstrike, it stopped next to her. "I'm afraid I must disagree with you, Megatron," Opaline chuckled. "I've already won over somepony."

"Rampage, terrorize!" Swiftly, the crab transformed into its killer robot mode with the three cannons now a weapon.

"I'm sure you all remember Rampage, yes?" Opaline

Quickly, the Predacons all nodded.

"Well, a little bird told me that you used to terrorize him, Megatron, with half of his spark, yes?" Opaline inquired.

Megatron then turned to Dinobot II, the creature he had placed the other half of Rampage's spark in.

"Well, I've decided that there won't be any more tormenting of any kind!" Opaline firmly insisted. "Going forward, you are no longer leader of the Predacons."

"WHAT?!" Megatron roared to a seemingly unfazed Opaline, although Misty cowarded slightly. "You dare take away my position as leader?! Dare to deny me what is rightfully mine?!"

"I also remember that you've had your position taken away from you before," Opaline said. "Do the words Terrorsaur and Starscream ring a bell?" Opaline then turned to Tarantulas, stroking one of his spider legs. "And what about your mad scientist, Tarantulas, here? Didn't he try to kill you once upon a time?"

"What are you implying, pony?" Megatron snarled!

"That anyone can take your position…even me. You will obey me, because otherwise I will remove your spark and take over your body as I did before," Opaline then turned to the rest of the Predacons with sinister intent. "As of this moment, you all work for me and my daughter. You answer to the two of us and no one else. Together, we will take Equestria and rule over itss inhabitants. Nopony or nocreature will stand in our way!"

"And don't even think about deflecting from our ranks," Misty added. "Because my father deflected from the ranks of Grogar and lost the gamble, paying with his life."

Misty then used her aura and pulled into the courtyard the colors of the former Crystal Kingdom, containing dark crystals symbolizing the dark magic that King Sombra once held.

"These are our colours, my loyal warriors," Opaline explained. "Before you leave my presence, you shall pledge your allegiance to the colors! If you refuse, we have ways of forcing you to pledge your allegiance!"

With her daughter holding the colors, Opaline directed the Predacons to swear their allegiance. "Repeat after me: I pledge allegiance," She directed.

"I pledge allegiance." All the Predacons (except for Megatron) said all at once.

"To the flag."

"To the flag."

"Of the Crystal Empire."

"Of the Crystal Empire."

"And to the Kingdom."

"And to the Kingdom."

"For which it stands."

"For which it stands."

"One kingdom."

"One kingdom."

"Indivisible."

"Indivisible."

"With rulers."

"With rulers."

"Over all."

"Over all."

Satisfied, Opaline had Misty remove the flag from the courtyard and looked back at her new soldiers that now served her. "You see that this is no longer your world, Megatron," she whispered to him as she left the courtyard. "The immaterial has become…immaterial."

Once Opaline and Misty were gone, all Megatron could do was think of how to find a way to take back his rightful place. For now, he resented that he had to play the game that Opaline wanted him and the other Predacons to play.

Unbeknownst to Opaline however, everything that had transpired was being watched by pony and maximal spies, which later reported back to Twilight and Spike.

"Megatron and the Preds forced to serve a pony?" Spike remarked with a hint of amusement as Twilight reviewed the report in her castle study. "I never thought I'd see the day."

"Neither did I," Twilight added. "But it has happened. Still, at least we have Optimus on our side again. In fact, I might have him help prepare our troops for dealing with any possible attack."

"In what way?" Spike questioned.

Twilight replied. "A way that saves as many lives as possible. Equestria has suffered enough loss and bloodshed as a result of the war against Grogar, it won't survive another drawn out war. The Maximals will offer us at least some degree of normalcy," Then she asked. "Spike, can you get me the history of Transformer warfare from up on the shelf? You know, the one Optimus gave us?"

Flying up to the bookshelf, Spike pulled out a gold covered book and handed it over to Twilight. "What are you thinking of?" He asked her.

"Just wait and see, Spike," Twilight said as she began to take notes from the book. "Just wait and see."