• Published 5th Feb 2024
  • 147 Views, 88 Comments

Thomas and Friends: Northern Soul - The Blue EM2

  • ...
5
 88
 147

Intro

On a cool winter evening, two figures walked through the darkness of a small forested area.

"Where are we going, Mister Blossomforth?" asked one.

Alphabittle laughed. "You'll see very soon, Izzy," he said. They walked along the field and into the main section of a small park set near some railway lines. He pointed forward with his free hand. "Look up ahead. What we're looking for shall soon come into view over there."

The pair continued onwards, and as they made their way across the park the moon gently glowed in the sky. This produced a silvery light that lit up the landscape. "It's beautiful," Izzy said, her eyes in awe.

"Not as beautiful as what's to come," Alphabittle replied, and before long they stopped in a small clearing before the copse of trees began again. He checked his watch. "It should be starting any moment now."

As his watch ticked, the landscape began to shift and move. The flowers in the area began to bloom, one by one. And as they did, they began to glow and light up, bathing the area in bright colours.

Izzy was entranced, and dropped to her knees to look at the flowers. "It's beautiful! How are the flowers doing this?"

Alphabittle smiled as he kneeled down. "It's called bioluminescence. Basically, the plants produce their own light source. We call this the Lumabloom, and it always happens for one week in February. Nobody quite knows why, but it was first observed in the 16th Century and has been going ever since."

Izzy looked at the world around her with only the sense of wonder a child can have. "I want to come back to see this every year!"

"That won't be too hard," Alphabittle replied, "seeing as you live locally. Besides, the railway always runs an event to coincide with it, so you'll be kept in the loop. Now ten, it's probably best you get off to bed. There's a lot to do in the morning."

As the pair headed away from the scene, neither of them noticed a figure watching them with interest.

Fimfiction Proudly Presents

A Story by The Blue EM2

Sponsored by the Guild of Equestrian Railroaders

And Based on an Idea by Thomlight Sparkle

Starring the Voices of:

Vanessa Hudgens

Kimiko Glenn

Sofia Carson

Liza Koshy

James Marsden

Bahia Watson

Keith Whickam

Rachel Miller

Theresa Gallagher

Richard Hammond

Jeremy Clarkson

And Introducing Sofia Wylie

Animation by Boulder Media and Arc Productions

Model Effects and Sequences recorded at Ellstree Studios

A Hasbro and Mattel Co-Production, Copyright MMXXIV