• Published 1st Apr 2023
  • 234 Views, 8 Comments

The Greatest Ultimate Mix-Up Story (April Fools Special) - Admiral Producer



Over the course of several hilarious shenanigans, ponies do random stuff for random and nonsensical reasons……

  • ...
 8
 234

Chapter 3: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Foreshadowing

“So…” Twilight began awkwardly, “We gonna talk about what I did, or…”

“You tried to,” Novo said. “but I wouldn’t hear it. If we’re being honest, I brought the situation on myself.”

“Really?”

“Mhm,” Novo assured her. “My foolish pride drove you away, drove her away. I hope she’s happy at the School right now. Any updates?”

Twilight lay down as well. “I’m surprised to hear you say that, but…thank you. I guess it all worked out in the end, even if I lashed out at my friends, got captured by Tempest, got my magic stolen, battled for the Staff of Sacanas, and almost died several times, all things that could’ve been avoided with the Pearl. But it still all worked out just peachy!”

Novo blinked. “What?”

Skystar shook her head in confusion. “All this wish washy timey wimey stuff is confusing! Well, I understand this is serious, sooooooo…I’ll be back.”

She had an opportunity to help Equestria now, to save the future from a potentially even worse threat than the Storm King. She had once tried to solve her problems by running. Now she knew that wasn’t the answer. This was where she had to make her stand.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to, your majesty…” Misty said, sensing the conflict within her, “It was just a suggestion…”

Izzy glared at her. “We came all this way, Misty.”

After much pondering, Novo finally took a deep breath. “Like it or not, you ponies still are close allies of Hippogriffia and I would be doing a disservice to your future if I did not help. I will not run from my problems as I did years ago.”

Izzy immediately perked up upon hearing this. “So you’ll actually help us?!”

Novo nodded. “Yes, I will. I shall carry your message through our family for generations to come until the time comes for our successor to officially reveal it to the rest of the kingdom. It’s time we stand and fight together as we used to. It’s time we stand as allies, as friends, as neighbors. Whatever your future has become and wherever we are, there are ponies like you carrying on the legacy of your ancestors, which is enough to get us involved as well. Let your final stand be one of victory, not of defeat. And when you come here once more, years from now, you girls let our successor know that QUEEN NOVO AND PRINCESS SKYSTAR GIVE THEIR OFFICIAL APPROVAL TO FIGHT!!!!”

As she began to lay down and fall asleep, a guard swam into the throne room faster than a rocket, seemingly with urgent news.

“Your majesty,” the guard spoke. “Our scouts are detecting an unidentified flying aircraft in the sky. It’s headed right towards us. What should we do?”

Skygrace stood up. “Send out all of our military and army personnel to meet them.”

“Pardon, my grace?”

“You heard what I said.”

“But why? They carry no weapons.”

“That’s just it,” Skygrace said fearfully, “This is the prophecy my mother warned me about. It’s coming true. Send out all army personnel. It’s those ponies…they’re here.”

“It’s time we make our stand together!” Izzy declared. “Today is a privilege to call our own, a story that will be told for a thousand years!! Let our final stand be recorded to the histories!! And let it be shown THAT WE CHOSE TO DIE AS COMRADES IN BATTLE RATHER THAN AS SLAVES TO TYRANNY!!!!!”

The hippogriff soldiers all cheered in unison, applauding in one massive standing ovation, and Skygrace gave a small bow of respect to the two ponies before turning towards her army. “You heard them!! MOVE OUT!! I shall follow you all!!”

The hippogriffs all shouted battle cries and took to the skies, their powerful wings beating against the storm that threatened their lives. The soldiers didn’t care about death, however. Their lives were made on the field of battle. Their legacies would be one of victory and comradeship, not defeat and cowardice.

Lightning struck the ground and thunder sounded across the sky as Izzy and Misty got back into the Marestream, which took off into the sky. It was the symbol of harmony, the symbol of friendship, the triumph of light against darkness, and the beacon that signaled the fulfillment of the ages-old prophecy.

Finally, Skygrace took flight after her soldiers, but not before whispering one last prayer into the heavens as her future became one of uncertainty.

“This is for you, Mother…”

The scene shifted once more and Misty found herself in a throne room painted in gray and blue. Stained glass windows detailing heroic deeds adorned the walls. At the end of the walkway was none other than Princess Twilight Sparkle speaking into the Unity Crystals.

“If you're seeing this,” Twilight spoke gravely, “Magic is now more powerful than it's ever been,and Earth pony magic has been activated for the first time in the history of Equestria. Magic is alive. Always changing, growing stronger. There are evil forces out there who will want to exploit it. Once, a pony tried to steal all the magic in Equestria for herself. She tried to drive the ponies apart and almost succeeded. Equestria was in danger and I did all that I could to protect it from her evil schemes by summoning all of my magical strength to achieve placing the magic in the crystals and the Magic of Friendship was protected for generations. But the spell is broken. You are exposed to the world once again. You must watch out for Opaline before she regains her lost power and attacks Equestria again. Please do not fear, my little ponies. I’m with you.”

Star held up his wife’s chin. “I know one thing. Wherever we go, this family is our fortress. She will be okay, Moon. She’ll grow up big and strong. She will…she will save Equestria and make us all proud. It won’t matter if she doesn’t know us. She’ll carry us within her wherever she goes. She’ll carry you inside her. We have to run.”

“FACE IT, MISTY!!!” Opaline yelled, “You can’t get other ponies to accept me anymore than you can get them to accept you!!” She took a few deep breaths to calm herself. “I know my place, my destiny, unlike you. I was meant to rule everything. Twilight may have not been able to teach me friendship, but she did teach me power!!!! And I must look towards the future and claim it. She couldn’t be proud of me in life…” She smiled. “But perhaps in death…”

“What were you doing?”

“Drawing up battle plans,” Hitch replied, “That’s in fact the fifth draft I’ve created last night. Perhaps you could help me, I mean, you know the place better than I do.”

“Oh great…” Misty’s heart sank to the bottom of the ocean at the thought of returning to Opaline’s castle. The idea terrified her and the prospect of facing her former mistress scared her even further. If she was able to reform her though…

Yet her ominous vision of his death still plagued her mind. Why did she dream about that of all things? What was the secret distress signal that Izzy had sent out to that underwater kingdom? Was it about Opaline? Was Sparky even still alive?! And what even were the Umbrum, those shadow creatures that Opaline was summoning?!

Nothing made sense.

“So…” Izzy said, blushing momentarily from embarrassment. “Do you know where Sunny and Hitch are at?”

“They’re probably in the town square.” Misty replied. “Sunny is giving another one of her speeches to the town.”

“Huh,” Izzy looked puzzled. “I must’ve been in my room longer than expected.” She shrugged. “Oh well! You and I can hang ‘till they get back. Wanna hear about the time I stopped an evil draconequus from sacrificing one of my multiverse friends to the Chaos Gods?”

Misty laughed. “Sure.”

———————————————————————————————————————————————
Meanwhile, Misty and Izzy were in their bedroom, talking and laughing together. By now, their friendship had fully been mended with the former promising to be honest about everything from now on. Izzy was telling Misty about the time she first met her friends in Discord’s dimension.

“Wait wait wait,” Misty interrupted her, “So one of your friends likes stairs. And plumbing. And another one of them likes to collect seashells.”

Izzy nodded enthusiastically. “Silverstream’s obsessed with stairs and she knows all about how to fix anything water related! She told me how one time in the School of Friendship, one of the toilets in the students’ dormitories broke down and she was able to fix it in just 5 minutes! Also, Skystar has two seashells as her best friends.”

“Sounds…kinda mundane, no offense.”

“Maybe it is,” Izzy shrugged, “But who am I to judge someone else’s passion? She finds such enjoyment in it that none of us ever question a thing. And she’s not the only one with quirks like me. I’ll tell you about the time Autumn Blaze put on an entire play for her village!”

“No no, it’s alright,” Skystar assured her, “I’m happy to see you. I assume Pinkie Pie sent you through one of her fourth wall portals. I can tell something’s wrong though. What is it? You know you can tell me.”

Izzy sighed deeply, staring at her friend directly in the eyes. “I assume you haven’t heard. We have a crisis back in Maretime Bay. I’ve already warned the others.”
“Discord?”

Izzy shook her head. “No. Not Discord. It’s somepony far worse. I need to see your mother now. But first…Skystar, we should talk.”