• Published 30th Mar 2023
  • 1,835 Views, 425 Comments

Equestria Ninja Girls Ducks Rock! - WarriorofFaith18

  • ...
4
 425
 1,835

Night of the Shine Spider PT 2

After being bitten by Spider Bytz, Shine Boy was mutated into a spider monster. Luckily, the heroes managed to grab some of Spider Bytz’s venom after a tussle with the Bug Thugs. Gamer, Tanya, Donnie, Twilight, and April had been working most of the afternoon creating the antidote to restore Shine Boy to normal with Kirby and Brick Bradley helping with the process.

As everyone waited in the Pond, Rarity entered the Shine RV to see Serenity sitting in the back remorseful looking at a piece of clothing.

“Serenity darling?” the fashionist asked.

“Oh. Hey Rarity.” Serenity sighed.

Rarity noticed the clothing in her hand. “Is that that outfit you asked me to make?”

“Yeah. I was gonna surprise Shine Boy with it during this trip at the right moment.”

Rarity sat next to Serenity. After a little hesitation, she put her hand on her shoulder. “Dearest, we have been where you are now. When Spikey Wikey’s counterpart from Equestria was mutated by Shredder, we thought we lost him to what Michelangelo calls his Wolfatizer form. Thankfully, Thanks to April’s powers, Muckman, and Donatello’s retromutagen, we managed to get him back to normal. And we will get Shine Boy back no matter what. We’ve already sent Mikey, Duke, Shinigami, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Shine Girl to try to find him. And even Wildwing has told Captain Klegghorn to keep an eye out.”

“Yeah, I know.” Serenity smiled a little. “If there’s one thing I’ve learned since the day Shine Boy entered my life, it’s never give up hope. Since my dad died in the line of duty, my mom did everything she could to raise since I was eleven. Ever since I met Tony before I learned he was Shine Boy, I had a feeling that I’d be alright around him. He always stood tall to anyone to tried putting him down. On days he’d get overwhelmed, I try to give him that same feeling he gives me. He never gave up and neither will I.”

Rarity smiled to hear that before the two girls heard someone clear their throat and saw Applejack by the entrance. “Am I interrupting anything?”

“No, you’re fine. What’s up, Applejack?” Serenity asked.

“Donnie and the others have finished the retromutagen antidote. We’re getting ready to head out.”

“Then we better get moving.” Rarity agreed.

As they left the vehicle, Serenity spoke to Rarity. “And Rarity? Thank you.”

“My pleasure, darling.” Rarity winked before they followed Applejack.

Everyone gathered in front of Drake 1 as Donnie held out a long vile of retromutagen that was orange with purple swirls.

“We finally finished the antidote and combined it with the retromutagen!”

“And this’ll cure Shine Boy?” Love Shine asked.

“Yes. We still had some of Bro’s mutated blood samples and that stuff cured it up.” Gamer concluded.

“Most of the credit goes to Brick for fixing up the antidote.” Kirby mentioned.

“Glad my years as an Entomologist is still useful.” Brick smiled.

“We appreciate you coming to us, Brick, even while you’re rebuilding your life.” Leo thanked.

“Well, I got pretty much the hard part out of the way. My superiors helped change my identity and a coworker from the labs is letting me stay at her place. Besides, Shine Boy went out of his way to help me, so this is the least I can do for him.”

“Unfortunately, we only have enough leftover retromutgen to cure one mutant.” April held another vile or regular retromutagen up.

“Then we’ll have to save it for Spider Bytz once we cure Shine Boy.” Leo suggested.

“Agreed. He’s the more dangerous out of the three.” Wildwing agreed.

“And hopefully, he hasn’t bitten anyone else.” Put in Shining.

“Though what do we do about ScumBug and Antrax?” Mallory asked.

“Good question.” Sunset pondered.

As the group talked, Raph noticed Nosedive sulking in the corner and decided to walk over to him. “Hey, Dive. How you holding up?”

“Oh dandy. Especially the fact that it was my fault that Shine Boy got mutated in the first place!” Nosedive pouted.

“Normally, I’d agree, but I know I would’ve done the same thing. My fear got the best of me when we first fought ScumBug and Antrax, resulting in everybody getting kidnapped.”

“Definitely don’t want that now.” Nosedive sighed.

Raph then came up with an idea. “Hey, I think I have something that can help. It's a mystical chant that Splinter taught me, it'll take away you're fears. It helped me when we first faced Scumbug and Antrax.”

“Well, at this point I'm willing to try anything.” Nosedive shrugged.

Raph then looked at Nosedive face to face. “Repeat after me, Kore wa nanimo imi shinai.”

“Kore wa nanimo imi shinai...” Nosedive repeated.

“Perfect! Now just say that whenever you start to freak out again.” Raph smiled.

At that very moment, Drake 1 began to beep getting everyone’s attention. Wildwing pushed a button to answer. “This is Drake 1.”

On the screen, an image of Duke appeared. “This is Duke. We found a lot of webbing under one of the bridges to the highway on 37th north. Unknown if it’s Shine Boy or Spider Byte, but it’s definitely a spider nest.”

“If it’s Shine Boy, do not engage. We’ll be right there with the antidote.” Wildwing instructed.

“Understood. Don’t keep us waiting. Duke out.” Duke said before signing off.

“Let’s get going! This could be our only chance!” Rainbow declared.

“Rainbow’s right. Let’s get going.” Love Shine agreed.

“I’m coming too.” Serenity stated.

“You sure about that, Serenity?” Tanya asked.

“I know the boy I love is still in him. That’s why he didn’t harm me. If I can still reach him, it might help inject the antidote in him.”

“Good point.” Casey shrugged.

“Alright. Just make sure you stay close.” Wildwing instructed.

“I’ll stay here in the Pond.” Kirby mentioned. “I’m no fighter and I’ll probably get in the way.”

“As will I.” Fugitoid chimed. “Someone should keep an eye on the Crystal Converger.”

“Probably a good idea.” Leo nodded.

“Let’s vominos, amigos!” Gabby cried.

“To the Migrator!” Wildwing declared.

“Hang on, Bro. help is on the way.” Whispered Gamer.

“Good luck and be careful!” Kirby called as they all hurried out.

As the heroes left, Phil turned to Kirby and Fugitoid. “You two wouldn’t happen to know any singers do ya?”

Kirby and Fugitoid could only look at each other as Fugitoid could only deadpan. “Oh bullocks.”

---------

At the huge spider net under the bridge, Duke, Mikey, Shini, Pinkie, Fluttershy, and Shine Girl had left the Party Wagon to explore a little bit of the area with their weapons drawn. As they looked around, Shine Girl whispered to Fluttershy.

“Hear anything. Fluttershy?”

Fluttershy touched her geode and pause to hear. “Just regular spiders. I heard something sleeping around here, but I can’t tell if it’s Shine Boy or Spider Bytz.”

“And if we go check it out, he might escape.” Shini pointed out.

“Everyone stay alert. We’ll have to wait until the others arrive. Mikey!” Duke ran over and grabbed Mikey’s hand before he could touch a thread of webbing. “Don’t vibrate the web! You’ll just broadcast that we’re here and make things worse!”

“Whoops.” Mikey grinned sheepishly.

Just then, the Migrator drove up along with Captain Klegghorn in a police car.

“They’re-!” Pinkie chimed before being shushed by Shini and Shine Girl and finishing quietly. “Here.”

As everyone got out of the vehicles, Klegghorn looked up to the nest under the bridge. “Sweet Charolette’s Web! Your friend is lucky this isn’t a public property, or I’d charge him for vandalism.”

“If it is Shine Boy, we can clean it up after we cure him, Captain.” Rainbow promised.

Wildwing scanned the nest with his mask. “There’s definitely a large mutant spider up there. It’s got to be Shine Boy.”

“If it was Spider Bytz, he’d have ScumBug and Antrax guard him.” Leo looked around.

“Nobody was around when we showed up.” Duke recalled.

April felt her head. “It is Shine Boy! It’s faint, but I feel he’s up there!”

“Alright, everyone, remember. No sudden movement. This may be our only shot to cure Shine Boy.” Gamer warned.

Everyone looked at Night Shine who huffed. “Hey, I may be brutal, but I’m not an idiot! Besides, you should be looking at Raph more!”

Raph growled at his remark while Duke turned to Mikey. “Go ahead, Mikey. Vibrate the web.”

Mikey gasped happily before he hurried back to the thread and flicked it before playing it like a guitar bass. It wasn’t long before out merged the mutant Shine Boy climbing the bottom of the bridge.

“Here he comes.” Spike gulped as he hid behind Twilight’s leg.

Nosedive turned to the fourth wall. “And now here's the part where me and Caitlyn scream in mortal terror.” Then he and Caitlyn screamed before Grin and Zach.

Twilight was equally shocked. “Shine Boy?!”

“By Darwin's beard!” Donnie eye widened.

“Heavens!” Cadence gasped.

“Good lord!” Brick blinked.

Mikey hid behind Shini. “He's gone from Shine Boy to... Spider-Shine!”

“Yeouch!” Mallory whispered.

“Bro, look what he did to you.” Gamer quietly sighed.

“And I thought Aunt Rose was terrifying!” Rainbow whispered to Scootaloo who hid behind her and nodded.

“Oh my…” Caitlyn was about to shriek again before Zach and Gabby clamped her mouth shut quickly.

“Silencio!” Gabby shushed.

“Remember what Leo said.” Zach reminded her.

Nosedive shuttered before closing his eyes whispering the chant Raph taught him. “Kore wa nanimo imi shinai. Kore wa nanimo imi shinai.”

“I feel your pain, my friend.” Karai sighed.

Leo and Wildwing nodded before Leo whispered to Serenity. “Okay, Serenity, you know what to do.”

“We’ll cover you.” Wildwing added.

“Okay. Give me the antidote.” Serenity gestured. Once Donnie handed her the antidote, she began to walk towards her mutated boyfriend and spoke softly to him. “Hey, Tony.”

Shine Boy growled at her as she kept getting nearer. “I know you don’t want to hurt me. I don’t want to hurt you either. Everyone here doesn’t want to hurt you either. It’s gonna okay. I promise. We’re gonna help you.”

Shine Boy wide eyed as a memory flashed in his mind.

--------

He was holding on to Serenity, who was scared and panicking. His grappling line held them over the water below.

As the villain above prepared to attack, Shine Boy turned to Serenity. “Listen to me! It’s gonna be okay! I need you to climb down to the rescuers below!”

“I can’t. I can’t.” Serenity whimpered.

“Yes you can!” Shine Boy looked her in the eye and gently spoke. “It’s gonna be okay. I promise. I’ll help you.”

------

The flashback ended as Serenity began reaching her hand to Shine Boy’s head. As she began petting him, he began to purr as tears fell from his eyes.

“It’s okay.” She assured him. As she petted him, she prepared to inject the antidote in him. “Just a little bit more.”

Suddenly, Shine Boy jumped up roaring before pushing Serenity away from a blob of acid that almost hit them. But this also caused Serenity to lose the antidote in her hand.

“NO!” she cried. Luckily, the vile landed on a pile of webbing so it didn’t break open.

“Well, well, well. Lookie what we have here.” Everyone looked up to see Spider Bytz jumping down. “Some Froggies, sparrows, and brats that are really gonna get it!”

“You idiot!” Night Shine narrowly missed him with his dark flame. “We’re trying to cure my brother! The one you bit!”

“Oh no, Shine Boy's just glowing with health!” Gabby said sarcastically.

Klegghorn turned to Sunset. “So that’s the jerk who did that to your friend?”

“That’s the one.” Sunset confirmed.

“Then you won’t mind me placing him under arrest!”

Spider Bytz overheard him and laughed. “And what if I refuse, short stack?”

This was enough to irk Klegghorn as he pulled out his pistol. “Then, I’ll send your itsy bitsy behind BACK TO THE WATERSPOUT YOU CRAWLED OUT OF!”

He then began firing at Spider Bytz who dodged like crazy. Brick then clenched his fists.

“We worked really hard to make a cure for my friend.” He gritted his teeth in anger. “AND YOU ALMOST RUINED EVERYTHING!”

This was enough to transform him into the superhero Bugman as he flew up and punched Spider Bytz to a wall.

“What in the-?” Spider Bytz double took before Bugman whacked him with his scorpion tail.

“Get the vile!” the hero called to the heroes.

“I got it!” Sweetie Belle hurried over when ScumBug and Antrax jumped in front of her causing her to scream.

“Sweetie Belle!” Rarity shrieked.

Gamer jumped in and jump kicked ScumBug before he could grab the CMC. “Get away from her!”

ScumBug hissed as Antrax began duplicating himself.

Everyone drew their weapons as Leo declared. “Grab that vile!”

Everyone began fighting the three bugs while trying to get the vile to cure Shine Boy who stood there confused. As Night Shine and Bugman fought Spider Bytz, the mutated hero had glimpse of his memories flashed before his eyes in his mind. Serenity grabbed a nearby metal pole and whacked an Antrax drone.

From behind a pillar, Vernon poked his head out to record the fight.

“I got those turtle creatures now! As well as those overgrown bugs.” He snickered.

But before he could hit record, Duke dodged a web attack from ScumBug which hit Vernon’s hand. His hand and phone were webbed up, causing him to scream and run away. “Mommy!”

Pinkie perked up. “You hear something?”

Rainbow slid next to her. “Other than the battle we’re currently fighting? No.”

“Yeah me neither.” Pinkie shrugged.

Nosedive watched as everyone else fight and closed his eyes to concentrate. “Kore wa nanimo imi shinai.”

Meanwhile, Night Shine and Bugman were tumbling from a hit from Spider Bytz. Before he could get back up, Bugman was grabbed by the throat as Spider Bytz began chocking him.

“You think you’re tough, Bug boy? Do ya?” Spider Bytz taunted him.

Night Shine was trying to get back up when suddenly Shine Boy ran in and whacked Spider Bytz away from Bugman, freeing him.

Mikey watched the two spider mutants fight as he wrestled with an Antrax drone. “Go get him, Shine Spider!” he then sweated as Serenity whacked the drone away with her pipe. “Uh sorry. It’s just what I do.”

“Since hopefully this is temporary, I’ll make an exception, Mikey.” Serenity smiled.

After wrestling with each other, Spider Bytz glared at Shine Spider. “You think you’re top spider, Runt?”

Shine Spider responded by shrieking right at his face.

“Yeesh! Just asking!” Spider Bytz muttered as he wiped saliva off him before Shine Spider whacked him again. He then began clawing and biting Spider Bytz like a wild animal.

April then felt her head. “He’s losing it! Shine Boy’s becoming more and more ravaging by the minute!”

“We got to get the antidote to him NOW!” Wildwing said before punching another Antrax drone.

Caitlyn was hiding behind the Migrator when she heard the two as she peaked out to see the fight.

Shine Spider was starting to overpower Spider Bytz to the point where he started to beg for mercy.

“Hey! Please! I give up! I said I give up!”

Shine Spider responded by wrestling him. As he struggled, Spider Bytz cried to the heroes. “Frogs! Ya gotta help me! FROGS!”

“Should we help him?” Raph asked, kicking an Antrax drone.

“Well, it’s his fault in the first place.” Night Shine huffed.

When the Shine Spider began to break his spider legs, Spider Bytz shouted again. “TURTLES! YOURE TURTLES NOT FROGS! HELP ME PLEASE!”

“Dude, he actually got it right this time.” Mikey noticed.

Seeing how his friend started to get rough, Nosedive continued to chant what Raph taught him. He opened his eyes and then began to ran towards the dueling spiders.

“Nosedive!” Wildwing shouted.

Caitlyn quickly looked to see the vile on a web sack and seeing everyone busy fighting Antrax and ScumBug she hurried and grabbed it.

“Caitlyn! What are you doing?” Zach asked as she hurried towards Nosdive’s direction.

Spider Bytz fell unconscious as Shine Spider stomped towards him, ready to deliver the final blow. When suddenly-

“DUCKS ROCK!”

Nosedive tackled the Shine Spider and pinned him to the ground. Shine Spider struggled but Nosedive still held him down.

“Is he…. Fighting Shine Boy as a spider?” Mallory double took.

“He has learned to face his fears.” Grin grunted as he threw ScumBug

“Nosedive!” Caitlyn threw the vile to Nosedive who managed to catch it and hold Shine Spider down.

As he lifted the vile, Nosedive spoke. “Shine Boy, if this ends up killing you, please don’t become a spider ghost and haunt me for the rest of my life!” He was about to inject him only for one of his arms stopped him. “Uh oh.”

“OHFORCRYINGOUTLOUD!” Caitlyn cried before she ran over, grabbed the antidote from Nosedive, and injected it into Shine Spider’s neck, who screeched.

Everyone else had just defeated Antrax and all his drones and saw Shine Spider grunting in pain as Nosedive grabbed Caitlyn and backed away.

“They did it!” Gabby stated.

“And the antidote is working!” Twilight noticed Shine Spider beginning to change shape again.

This time, his four extra arms disappeared, and his body began to become human again.

Karai held out her hand to Serenity, revealing she had Shine Boy’s mask. “Here. He’ll need this.”

“Thank you.” Serenity nodded, accepting the mask. She then crept to Shine Spider, who was back to being Shine Boy, his clothes and boots all ripped up, and his head was down. She then knelt right in front of him and touched his shoulder. “Tony?”

Shine Boy suddenly jerked up screaming, startling everyone while Serenity braced it still kneeling. Shortly after, Shine Boy was panting and looked at his hand to see he was human again. He then saw Serenity and hugged her tightly as she hugged him back.

“It’s okay, Tony.” She coaxed him. “You’re normal again. The nightmares over.”

She handed him his mask, which he smiled and accepted by putting it back on. As they got back up, everyone gathered around them.

“Shine Boy?” Scootaloo asked hopefully.

Shine Boy smiled at her. “Hello, Scootaloo.”

“He remembers us!” cheered Pinkie.

“YES!” Gamer cheered before hugging Sweetie Belle and twirling. He then saw what he was doing and set her down. “Sorry.”

“I’m happy too.” Sweetie Belle blushed.

Shine Boy then saw the unconscious Spider Bytz. “Although it appears there are some things I don’t remember.”

April patted his shoulder. “The important thing is you’re back to normal now.”

Shine Boy nodded before noticing Night Shine glaring down at Spider Bytz with his machete in his tight grip.

“No. More!” he gritted his teeth as he lifted his blade.

“Luke NO!” Before he could strike, Shine Boy grabbed his arm. “It’s not worth it.”

“That desecrator must pay! For mutating you and wasting our time by insulting us like an idiot! Why would even spare the jerk who mutated you?”

“Because it’s not worth death just to get back at a bully. If you let him boss you around and you attack him, he won’t stop insulting you even if it threatens his life.”

“it’ll shut him up permanently!” Night Shine growled.

“It won’t take away the pain. Don’t do something that you can never take back and you’ll never win.”

Still angered, Night Shine broke Shine Boy’s grip but sheathed his machete before turning his back. “Somebody hurry up and demutate him.”

Klegghorn patted Shine Boy’s shoulder. “You did the right thing.”

“I’m glad I still remember my training.” Shine Boy smiled.

“But we are going to end this!” Leo walked up. “Donnie?”

Donnie walked up with his sprayer full of retromutagen and aimed it at Spider Bytz, who was waking up.

“Wha-? What are you doing?” he asked.

“Making sure this never happens again.” Donnie answered before spraying him.

“Stop! STOP!” Spider Bytz shouted before he started grunting in pain.

As the smoke cleared, everyone saw Spider Bytz was once again the man he was before mutating, Vic.

“That’s what he looked like before he was mutated?” asked Pinkie.

“My word!” Rarity gasped, shielding Sweetie Belle’s eyes while Applejack did the same to Applebloom because the man was naked.

Klegghorn’s eyes widened. “I know who that is! That guy is wanted for selling counterfeit lottery tickets and skipping town!”

“What?” the Ninjas and Rainbooms gasped.

Vic woke up and noticed he was human again and tried to escape only to be blocked by Raph who cracked his knuckles. “Outta my way, froggy! Haven’t you done enough to me already?”

“Nope.” Raph then punched him in the face knocking him out again. He then looked at his friends and smiled. “I’ve been wanting to do that for a long time. He’s all yours, Captain.”

“Thank you, Raphael.” Klegghorn walked up and cuffed Vic and, after Rarity put a towel on him, put him in his car as Vic regained consciousness and started yelling.

“You can’t do this to me! Where are my rights?”

“Your rights? You’re under arrest for selling counterfeit lottery tickets, resisting arrest, assault a couple kids, disturbing the peace, and above all, INSULTING A POLICE OFFICER!” Klegghorn snapped back before slamming the doors.

As he got in his car to drive away, Leo walked up to him. “We know someone who can take ScumBug and Antrax. We’ll take care of them.”

“Okay. I’ll leave you guys to it.” Klegghorn nodded before driving away.

As the police car drove away, Serenity cleared her throat. “Could you guys excuse us for a few minutes?”

“Of course.” Rarity nodded.

“I have to call Bishop anyway.” Leo began to walk away.

“Yeah, and the rest of us will go guard ScumBug and Antrax.” Karai added as everyone began to walk away.

Mikey clicked his tongue as he passed the two. When everyone was gone, Shine Boy took a deep breath. “Well, what a day, huh?” he then saw Serenity holding her arms and lowering her head. “What? What’s wrong?”

“I thought I lost you this time.” Serenity began to cry. “Even after all those times you’ve saved my life, I felt like I should’ve done something more. And while you always manage to return, I’m always fearing you might not come back.”

Shine Boy responded by embracing her. “I know. I wish I could always guarantee I’ll always come back, but I can’t make a promise I can’t keep. But if it’ll help ease the pain and worry, I have plenty of friends who will always have my back. And knowing you’re always waiting for me gives me all I need to make sure I would return.”

“After everything they’ve done, I believe it.” Serenity smiled as the two hugged some more.

Shortly after, The Alien Protection Force were taking ScumBug and Antrax away in containment units as Agent Bishop spoke to the group.

“Thanks for picking up Antrax and SumBug, Bishop.” Sunset thanked.

“It is my pleasure, Sunset Shimmer.” Bishop nodded. “and I am happy to hear you all cured Shine Boy as well as Spider Bytz.”

“And Fluttershy’s animal friends cleaned out the webbing under the bridge, so no one suspects anything.” Rainbow pointed to show Fluttershy talking to some normal spiders, rats, and birds who each cleaned out the web from Shine Spider’s nest to look like nothing happened. One rat squeaked at Fluttershy.

“Sorry the webbing is nasty to you, Templeton. But I appreciate all of you all’s hard work.” She smiled.

“Very good.” Bishop nodded before turning to the Mighty Ducks. “And it is a pleasure to meet you Mighty Ducks as well.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you as well, Bishop.” Wildwing shook his hand. “Leo and Twilight told me a lot about you and the Utrom council. Any friend of the Ninjas and Rainbooms is a friend to the Ducks.”

“Same with the Utrom Council. I normally would be surprised to know a Saurian overlord live, but I’ve been surprised before. We shall assist should you need help against Dragaunus.”

“We should be fine, but thanks.” Tanya nodded.

“I must return to TGRI and deal with those two. Good luck and I hope you all enjoy the rest of your vacation.”

“We will and thank you.” Cadence waved as Bishop left in the portal while everyone waved goodbye.

“Nice guy.” Duke observed.

“Yeah. He’s pretty cool.” Casey agreed.

As Shine Boy and Serenity walked up to the group, BugMan spoke up. “Now that Shine Boy’s back to normal, I think it’s time for me to head home.”

“Thanks again for the help, old friend.” Shine Boy clapped hands with the bug hero.

“It’s the least I could do after you helped me recently.” Bugman smiled before flying up. “Farewell, my friends!”

“Bye, Bugman!” the CMCs cheered as everyone waved as well as Bugman flew away.

“And thank you, Caitlyn and Nosedive, for overcoming your fears to help me.” Shine Boy grinned.

“No problem.” Caitlyn gestured a peace sign.

Grin patted Nosedive on his shoulder. “You exceeded your fear of spiders to save the day.”

“I did, didn’t I?” Nosedive perked up.

“Yeah and…. I’m sorry.” Mallory gritted her teeth.

Nosedive leaned closer to her. “What was that? I didn’t quite get that.”

“I said… I. am. SORRY!” Mallory yelled in his ear.

“Okay. I heard that.” Nosedive shook off his shock before turning to Raph. “Hey, Raph, that chant worked! I wasn't afraid! Kudos to Master Splinter for that chant!”

“What chant?” Duke asked.

“Oh, Raph taught me a mystical chant that takes away fear, Kore wa nanimo imi shinai. That's how me and Caitlyn were able to get close enough to cure Shine Boy.”

Leo poked his shoulder. “Uh, Nosedive, that's not a mystical chant.”

Nosedive did a double take. “Come again?”

“Kore wa nanimo imi shinai is Japanese for 'this means nothing'.” Shinigami translated.

“What?” Caitlyn jaw dropped.

“That's right, it's not a mystical chant. Master Splinter told me that after we defeated Scumbug and Antrax. Saying 'this means nothing' is supposed to help you ignore fear because fear means nothing.” Raph confessed.

“But but if that's not a mystical chant, then...”

Wildwing wrapped his arm on Nosedive’s shoulder. “You and Caitlyn faced your fears all on your own, little brother.”

“Whoa, that's awesome! Now if you'll excuse me, I need to faint now! Uh...” Nosedive fainted right on top of Caitlyn.

“Oh no.” As Nosedive fell on her, Caitlyn struggled to hold him up. “Real clever. Now can someone please get him off?!” Grin walked up and grabbed Nosedive before she could collapse. “Thanks, Grin.”

“Don't mention it.” Grin mumbled.

“Let’s head back to the Pond!” Shining suggested.

“Good idea!” Shine Boy agreed. “I’m so craving a pizza with the works.”

“Definitely back to normal.” Love Shine smiled as everyone laughed, and they all climbed into their vehicles and drove off.

------

Later, after dinner, Shine Boy was walking with Rarity now wearing a new hero suit like his old one.

“Good thing I always bring a spare suit in the Shine RV.” He smiled. “You sure you can fix the old one, Rarity?”

“It’ll be a nice side project. Maybe I can even upgrade it a little after cleaning it of course.” Rarity smiled.

Serenity peaked out wearing a robe to see Shine Boy coming and turned to the CMCs. “Is everything ready?”

“Ready.” Applebloom thumbed up.

“Song is ready, willing, and able.” Sweetie Belle added.

“And Tanya’s ready with the spotlight.” Scootaloo pointed to Tanya who thumbed up.

“Okay.” Serenity took off the robe, revealing she was now wearing a sparkling magenta skating outfit, and brushed her hair a little. “How do I look?”

“Like a dream!” Sweetie Belle awed.

“Good. Now get into position please.” The three nodded and hurried off as Shine Boy and Rarity entered the hockey ring.

“Well, Rarity. Thanks again, but I gotta find Serenity. She wanted to…..whoa.” He awed when he saw Serenity in her outfit.

“You like it?” Serenity spun around. “Rarity made this for me in case we got to skate in the ring before we went on vacation.”

“You look beautiful.” Shine Boy blushed.

“Well, have fun, you two.” Rarity waved as she walked away.

“Thanks, Rares!” Shine Boy waved before putting an arm around Serenity. “Shall we?”

“Let’s. but first, we need to tell Nosedive.” Serenity pointed to the ring where Nosedive was running the Zamboni machine.

Shine Boy called out. “Hey, Dive! Can we use the ring?”

Nosedive responded by shutting off the Zamboni. “No problemo!” he okayed before leaving.

After Serenity put on her skates, and Shine Boy pushed a button on his boots to make skate blades pop out, the two skated out into the ring and skate around the ring. After a couple spins around the ring, Shine Boy sighed happily.

“This is definitely nice. After everything we’ve been dealing with recently, it’s nice to do something relaxing.”

“I knew you’d like this after our fight with Spider Bytz and his buds.” Serenity smiled.

“Mmm. Yeah. I don’t think it can get any better than this.” Shine Boy smiled before the lights suddenly shut off. “Huh? What’s going on?”

Just then, a spotlight shone on the two as romantic music began to play.

“Think this is better?” Serenity smiled.

Shine Boy smiled back knowing she set this up. “I think it’s… magical.” He held out his hand as Serenity accepted and the two continued to skate as the song began to sing.

As the two skated, they did not notice in the bleachers their friends were watching them. Leo sat by Twilight, Shining sat with Cadence, Casey and Gabby sat together, Sunset sat with Fugitoid, Mikey with Shini, and Sweetie Belle sat next to Gamer. Each couple happily watched as leaned closer to their special friend. Gamer reached over and held Sweetie Belle’s hand before he turned away blushing while Sweetie regripped his hand and smiled.

After much skating, Shine Boy and Serenity circled around looking at each other. They then held each other before kissing each other on the lips.

In the audience, Applejack rustled Applebloom’s hair. “Nicely done, Sugarcube.”

“Gotta admit, those two sure know how to skate.” Duke whispered to Mallory and Wildwing who nodded in agreement. Even Phil shed a tear at the sight.

After Shine Boy and Serenity finished skating, everyone was starting to get ready for bed. As they were walking out of the ring, Zach tossed his toy spider and it landed on his sister’s head. Caitlyn, however, just flicked the toy spider off her head.

“Nice try, Zach, but that won't work anymore.”

“Your no fun.” Zach pouted.

Nosedive walked up. “Yeah, after facing down TWO giant spider mutants, we're pretty much cured of our spider phobia.”

“The correct term is arachnophobia.” Donnie corrected.

“Whatever, consider our fears conquered.” Caitlyn waved it off.

Mikey smiled as he leaned closer. “Glad to hear that, guys. Then you totally won't mind the two spiders I just slipped into your armor and down your shirt...”

Nosedive and Caitlyn's eyes widened before they both jumped up screaming and ran around in a panic while everyone laughed.

To be Continued

Author's Note:

Notes:

-Special thanks to Jebens1 for some of the dialogue for this chapter. Even though I did a little mix and matching on some

- The flashback is similar to the bridge scene from Spider-Man (2002).

- I had asked on the forum if everyone wanted Spider Bytz killed or demutated and everyone wanted him demutated.

-The song Shine Boy and Serenity skated to is from Ferngully.




And that's all I got. For now.

Next time: It is late at night and Leonardo finds Wildwing up and the two talk about leadership. There will be stories to be told next time on Leader to Leader!