• Published 27th Apr 2023
  • 537 Views, 7 Comments

Cupcakes Aftermath - Rainbow's Rage - ArtsyGum



Months after the "event", Rainbow Dash is rebuilt with robotic parts and seeks retribution.

  • ...
2
 7
 537

Rebooting

The closed eyelid of the cyan figure flashes open. Mechanical parts whir to life. The magenta iris darts left to right quickly with a fierce purpose. She looks around the clinical laboratory through green-stained glass and quickly realizes that she’s in an enclosure.

“W-What the!? W-Where am I!?” A confused voice speaks with mechanical undertones.

Brinda Sparks smirks ever so slightly to herself. “R-dash-6 has successfully rebooted.”

Rainbow Dash furrows her brow and taps the glass curiously. “Wha?”

Angry, the cyan mare forcefully thrusts her hoof against the glass in an attempt to break it. Failing the first attempt she then grits her teeth and throws another punch. “RAAAGHH!” She throws punch after punch in attempt to break the glass. It cracks, but it fails to give way.

The smirk fades from Brinda’s lips, noticing the crack. She leans forward with a hint of nervousness, a levitating hoof hovering over a red button labeled “EMERGENCY”.

Realizing the glass won’t budge she looks irritably at her back where her wings used to be. In their place are two large dark blue metallic thrusters. She focuses on them and they spark to life. The ends of them light up in a red-hot color.

Rainbow Dash looks back at the glass readying herself and her thrusters. She zooms forward shattering the glass.

Quickly Brinda slams her hoof on the emergency button. “Shit.” A metal door comes down and blocks the main entrance.

The robotic blur speeds forward and tears through the door like it’s nothing.

As she zips through the night sky she glares forward. “I’m gonna kill that pink pony!”

She scans the horizon and spots Ponyville in the distance. With the help of Rainbow Dash’s thrusters, she jets in the direction of Sugarcube Corner. She lands on the ground where the bakery should be, realizing that its no longer there. Where the bakery used to be stood the crumbling remnants of an unrecognizable structure.

“W-What the hell happened to this place...?” Rainbow Dash stands silently in the presence of the remains.


In an isolate location somewhere between Ponyville and Canterlot is a tall and foreboding facility that houses the dangerous and delirious. The exterior is dark grey reinforced steel that’s surrounded by barbed wire, security cameras, and search lights.

A teal-green worker with a brunette bun in an off-white pink uniform with hot pink trim enters an elevator within the facility and sighs. “Let’s get this over with.” She looks down with her amber-colored eyes and presses the last button on the bottom of the elevator panel labeled “BF 7”.

The elevator descends and once it reaches the selected floor the metal doors open revealing a long hallway. Some of the lights flicker. “They should really get these damn lights fixed.”

Distorted cackling and snorting can be heard echoing in the hallway.

On the other end of the hallway is a single highly secured magically-enchanted metal door. On the door is a gold-plated plaque with the serial number “P-17613” and below it in large red capital letters it reads “PROCEED WITH CAUTION!”

Inside of the forsaken chamber is a matte pony-like figure that appears to be levitating and is surrounded by a red aura. She’s bound in a straightjacket inside of a padded cell. The pink pony cocks her head to the side. Red irises on black scleras point towards the door. "Heheheh"—a snort issues from her nose—"We SeNsE our little HeLpEr.” Seven daemonic voices speak as one within the pink vessel.

The severely possessed pony grins from ear to ear.