• Published 5th Mar 2023
  • 382 Views, 10 Comments

I'm Datin' a Demon - ArtsyGum



An unexpected encounter with a demon sparks a unique love story between Dash and a demonic princess.

  • ...
2
 10
 382

Meetin'

Rainbow Dash zips excitedly over to Twilight.

“The heck was that, Twi?”

Her robotic limb gestures towards the summoning circle with a wide proud grin. “Another successful summoning, that’s what!”

“Now what did you want?”

The last of the simmering green flames extinguish behind the demonic figure, revealing a matte pink coat. Light pink locks, fading to a deep rich magenta, drape down the neck of a pony-like body, forming a mane. Ashen bone claws its way around her chest in the form of a rib cage enshrouding the endless volcanic crater at its center that shows nothing but molten magma inside. Her horns and tail are each adorned with a golden diamond-encrusted ringlet, skeletal wings rest at her side, and the tips of her hooves seem to peal away at the tips to reveal the bone beneath. Black slits in orange eyes surrounded by blood red flash open toward the group.

“No way!” Rainbow Dash shouts, shoving a book that she owed Twilight into her friend’s face. She zooms right up to the demoness without a second a thought. “So awesome!!!” Her eyes dart excitedly from feature to feature in awe.

“Huh… Uh, Twi?” Spike’s claws lower from covering his face. He is looking at the pink demonic mare in front of him with a furrowed brow.

Twilight jolts her head in the direction of the dragon, just having dealt with a book being hurtled at her face.

“What, Spike!”

“The demon doesn’t seem to have attacked us...” He points with a claw toward the scene in front of him.

“Uh… Greetings?” The demoness speaks for the first time, bearing sharp teeth, her voice sounding oddly sweet and chipper. Her molten-looking eyes turn to Rainbow Dash. The demoness giggles cutely as she flitters boney rigged wings.

“Thanks! I like your colorful mane!”

Shoving Rainbow Dash’s owed book into Spike’s claws, Twilight walks closer to the others. “Hmm… The demon doesn’t seem to be violent in nature… Interesting.” She squints her eyes with a hoof to her chin.

“These are so cool!” With her left hoof Rainbow Dash carefully pulls out one of the demoness’ boned wings to get a better look. The wings are webbed with a lava-like film that’s hot to the touch.

“Ah! Fuck!” She quickly draws her hoof back.

“That fucking hurt!” She fans her hoof.

“Oh! My apologies. I didn’t mean to hurt you…!” Pinkie gasps, a boned hoof to her own mouth.

Rainbow Dash tends to her own hoof, shooting her a look. “What are you, like, some kinda’ lava-demon thingy?”

“Oh, sorry, I haven’t introduced myself. I’m Princess Pinkie.” She bows regally before them.

“And I guess you can think of me as a lava demon? We are kinda lava-y.” She gives a giggle-snort.

“That’s so rad! I’m Rainbow Dash! The one and only!” Rainbow Dash brings a hoof to her chest, puffing it out proudly.

She turns back to Twilight with a chuckle. “I like her.”

“Wait, wait, wait—hold the phone! You’re a princess!?” Twilight’s eye goes wide. “Princess of what exactly?"

Pinkie meets Twilight’s gaze. “Vulcænium! I’m one of the four, actually.” She shows a warm smile.

“Wait, one of four? Who’re the other three?”

“My sisters, silly!”

Twilight gives her a deadpan look.

“Well, I guess that explains the gold jewelry.”

“Vole … cane … um?” Suddenly Rainbow Dash is almost nose-to-nose with Pinkie. “Woah. What’s it like there? Are there other flying demons? Can you do any awesome tricks with those wings of yours? Or horns for that matter? Oh, oh! How about some demonic magic or something?”

“My wings can’t do anything special. But my magic—! Well, I don’t want to cause your friend’s house to turn to ash.” She giggles with her right hoof to her mouth.

“Yes, please, do not burn my house down.” Twilight points a frustrated frown at Pinkie. “Wouldn’t be the first demon to try that…” She mutters under her breath.

“Well, we could go hang outside instead?” Rainbow Dash folds her hooves and raises an eyebrow at Twilight.

“And hang out with the demon I summoned?” Raises an eye back at her. “Does that even sound like a good idea?”

“Totally!”

“Oooh, I’ve always wanted to explore the mortal realm!” Pinkie exclaims gleefully.

Twilight sighs in defeat. “Yeah, sure, since you seem to be getting along so well…” She rolls her eye. “Why don’t you show her around?”

“Really!?” Rainbow Dash leaps into flight in excitement. She turns sharply toward Pinkie. “Ya’ game?”

“Absolutely!” Her sharp teeth show in a grin.

“Then, yeah, go.” Twilight seems suddenly curt. “Just keep an eye on her, okay, Dash?”

“Got it! Let’s go, Pinks!” There’s a speedy blur as she flies out the door, leading the way for Pinkie to follow.

As the energy in the room dissipates, Twilight trots over to a tattered calendar hung on the wall. A metallic hoof passes across the surface, showing X after X scratched in red, day after day. Today’s date is circled.

A sigh escapes Twilight’s lips.

“I hope this one has good intentions.”