• Published 4th Apr 2023
  • 1,300 Views, 9 Comments

Princess Sunset Shimmer - Hayloud



Sunset Shimmer, one of the Celestia's most powerful student, that lived in the human world, went back to the pony world and now have to face the consequences and save the day, now being an Alicorn.

  • ...
6
 9
 1,300

The Adventure Begins

"How, when, why?" The shock from the message almost made Sunset breathless. She was willing to have a heart attack right now, but she could not, no time for breakdowns anymore, no time for feelings too.

"I don't know, but we need to find them," Starlight said, she needed Sunset to be calm.

"Starlight! Twilight left you in command, we need you," Sunset said, she was so desperate, that she was not even thinking correctly, Starlight got shock-surprised, she did not expect this, Twilight indeed left her in charge, but of the coronation, not things like this, but she knew what to do, she had a princess on her front, Sunset should deal this.

"No, we need you," Starlight said confidently to Sunset. She looked at her crown and realized that she was a princess after all, there was no way she could refuse to save Equestria, the place she was born and lived in, her nation, she was now going to exert the job she was now meant to.

Sunset nodded, with her head up and smiling, then she started to build up a plan and said, "I need Moondancer and Sunburst to go to the Crystal Empire and warn Shining Arm..."

"Wait, how do you know our names and Prince Shining Armor?" Moondancer asked interrupting Sunset's speech.

"Well, in my world there is another Shining Armor and Moondancer, so I know you, and them," Sunset explained, she was nearly irritated by Moondancer's interruption. "Resuming, you two need to warn Shining Arm..."

"PRINCE Shining Armor, actually, I know he is not an Alicorn, but he is still married to a princess, so we do address him this name," Moondancer interrupted her again.

"I am his friend in the Human World," Sunset said, she was getting angry now, but she knew who Moodancer was anyways.

"However he is still not the same..." Moondancer started to say but was interrupted by Lightning Dust.

"END OF DISCUSSION! WE NEED HER TO FINISH THE PLAN," Lighting Dust said, she just wanted Sunset to end the plan because she wanted to do something quickly. "Or are we sitting here while our Princesses are being tortured"

"I do have a better plan than this Princess Celestia knockoff," Moondancer said, with a high mockery tone.

"BUT I AM THE PRINCESS HERE, AND YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SPEAK LIKE THAT ABOUT ME AGAIN. UNDERSTOOD?" Sunset raged, she was now very angry about Moondancer's voice as if Moondancer was able to know more than a princess. For her this was unacceptable. Sunset heard a shrill roar, coming from Moondancer's back, she seemed to be hiding something with her hooves. She should check it later on.

"I like that attitude, miss royalty," Lightning said and Sunset gave a corner smile, she was liking the nickname at this point.

"So, as I was saying, when you two get there you need to warn Shining Armor, but in case he had disappeared too, I need you to warn the Crystal Empire's defenses by yourselves, I'll later get in touch, and Lightning Dust, I need you, and the Wonderbolts to do air searches," Sunset explained. All of them nodded, but Moondancer still thought she had a better plan. Sunburst and Lighting Dust were leaving, but Moodancer just motioned herself to the left.

"Wait, Dipper, please step in," Moondancer said, as a shiny galactic sort of bear or creature stepped in, Trixie recognized it almost instantaneously that this was an Ursa Minor, but smaller and cuter, it had a waning crescent moon on its forehead, it seemed very angry with Sunset, and now she discovered what was Moondancer hiding.

"What should we do with this-" Sunset was saying but was interrupted by Trixie.

"URSA MINOR!!" Trixie yelled.

"Please take care of him. I promise, that if you are peaceful with him, he will be gentle with you," Moondancer said, leaving alongside with Sunburst. Sunset got angry and shocked, how could she drop an Ursa Minor and then just leave?

"What should we do?" Starlight asked, she was very worried but she had to play it cool, for Equestria's sake no one could have a breakdown right there or now.

"I don't know!" Sunset instantly fell to the ground crying. She was not capable, no one was capable to maintain calm for that long. "What if they are already dead? Or if we aren't capable of finding them?"

With no time to respond, a loud bang passed in Sunset's ears, something was already happening, how could she handle a certain villain's attack without Celestia, Twilight, or everyone else, she could not have time to breathe, or even assimilate everything that was happening in that very moment, why would this happen to her, she just wanted to live normally her life. Not now, not now, not now! There is a crisis happening right, I can't just fight right now!

"We should go and-" Starlight was saying, but was interrupted by Sunset's abrupt stand-up.

Sunset did not even look behind and passed through the curtains to see what was happening, and her worst concerns were confirmed, this was a villain attack, at least that was what she thought as she saw a black smoke dissipate revealing a pony, it was a black male unicorn with a grey mane with white streaks, his mane was in a mohawk, it was very unclear for Sunset what was he holding or what his cutie mark was, but he had a black hole with inversed colors cutie mark, and he was holding a white scroll. On his back, there was what seemed to be a black spaceship, but it was also hard to tell because of the dark color.

"Good Morning Canterlot, call me the messenger, and the message I got to tell you all is: Get ready for the D.O.O.M, which stands for Destruction Order of Mayhem, in fifteen days, our leader, also known as Queen Nebula will reach Equestria for the operation to begin. Enjoy the last fifteen days you have with your family and friends before the end of everything you know," The unknown pony said in a harsh deep voice. "And don't try to fight, you don't have any princess to protect you," he ended the lecture with a wide and cynical smile, that made Sunset fully rage.

His smile, his expression of happiness for destroying a world, families, relationships, and everything she loved, why would she be supposed to handle it? They were immoral, evil, and- EVERYTHING BAD. She was literally done, in all senses of the word, as the messenger was turning to his back to go back to the ship, Sunset was willing to attack him, she leaned to her front, started to flap her wings, and move in his direction, but she felt a stronger force holding her back when she realized Starlight's aura, She is letting them go, why? Maybe she was an undercover villain, maybe she was never redeemed.

"They don't know we have a last princess with us, doing this would be suicide for Equestria," Starlight explained, paving away Sunset's regards about her.

Sunset was calmer, she needed to be, or at least seem, as the provisional ruler of Equestria, all she wanted at that very moment was that everything to be just a prank and for the princesses to appear, although she knew there were minimal chances for them to be alive or safe and sound.

"We need to hide and wait for Sunburst and Mondancer's message," Sunset said, looking very confident, then she took off her dress and her crown, but Starlight put the crown back on her, Sunset felt uncomfortable with that crown, it was not like human world's crowns, it felt strange on her. The reason she was able to discern this only now because she took off for a moment.

"Should we pack our things and hit the road?" Trixie asked, "I still have a wagon in case we need"

"We are definitely going to need a bigger one," Starlight said, Trixie looked at her with wide-opened intimidating eyes as flashbacks from the road to friendship ran through her head.

"I think we should go and drink some first," Sunset said, and both nodded, but Dipper only used his big and cute eyes to make several disapproving expressions, because Moondancer was explicitly against alcoholic drinks, and he was either.

"Well, maybe just some juice," Starlight said, making Dipper go back to its cute adorable face, and with a wide bright smile.

They walked out of the castle in the direction of a new underground bar near there, called 'Rainbowliscious Underground Bar'. The sky was no more bright it had the spaceship blocking the sun, all Sunset wanted to do seeing that view was to explode that thing, but she should and could not. They walked to the front ad kept in that direction until they saw a metal staircase directed to the underside, it could easily be mistaken for a subway if it was in the human world, so they went down to the bar, it looked glamourous, it had golden plates, and seemed like a palace, but something weird happened in the exact moment they walked in, red lights started to flicker and they saw a security guard shout "Alicorn alert". For Sunset, this alert was for some special treatment, but instead, they saw everything black up, and when they were finally able to see again, they were in a totally different place. It was dirty, had a grey aspect, and had a rat running over it.

"WHERE ARE WE?!?" Sunset shouted. She was dispaired, they could have been kidnapped like the princesses or their friends, she was powerless, in an unknown place with unknown people, they could do anything them now.

"Welcome to my 'Hideout'," a female beige earth pony said, she had side-swept to the right light-pink long hair, it went down to the floor, with white streaks and purple eyes, whose cutie mark was a gold heart making a gradient to light-pink.

"Why are we here?" Trixie asked, she was very confused, but felt good knowing that they were with her.

"What do you want from us?" Starlight said, but deep inside she knew that her question was just to go with the flow, she knew that they would not have good intentions.

"I told you this was a bad idea," a male light-brown earth pony with dark-brown shorter hair, going only going down to his neck, also side-swept to the right, but the left part was shaved, whose cutie mark was black crossed swords.

"I know you all have many questions, but I don't think we have time to answer all. My name is Golden Heart, and this is my older brother, Venom Flare," she said very calmly, he looked angry.

"What just happened?" Sunset asked, she was calmer, but still despaired, disbelieved, and certainly panicking.

"The place you went is a non-Alicorn-only bar," Golden explained, "but we have something to tell you"

"What is it?" Sunset asked

Let me tell you 'bout a moment I had just the other day
I was walking through the town, taking it slow
When I saw something laying on the ground in my way
A letter that someone had let go

I wonder what it says, I'm so curious
But I couldn't bring myself to open it up
I don't wanna pry, but it's so mysterious
I can't help but feel like it's meant for me

I picked it up and I looked around
But there was nobody there, just me on the street
I wondered if the owner would be back in town
Or if the letter was something that they'd meant to keep

I wonder what it says, I'm so curious
But I couldn't bring myself to open it up
I don't wanna pry, but it's so mysterious
I can't help but feel like it's meant for me

"What does it have to do with me?" Sunset asked

"I realized that on the letter's back, it was written 'Princess Twilight Sparkle', and when I saw the coronation and that the princesses disappeared, I needed to tell you," Golden said.

"Good choice," Sunset said. Golden showed up the letter from Twilight, Sunset stood up, and levitated the letter to herself, but Venom stepped in her front.

"Before you go, I- my sister needs something from you," Venom said extremely nervously. He was shaking on his hooves and sweating so much that could fill a new sea.

"What is it?" Trixie asked, he seemed oddly nervous, so she got concerned.

"An autograph! It's the first time We- she talks to a princess," He said. Sunset levitated a paper and a pen that were on a desk and signed there with a huge smile, hiding her frustration because her writing was not as good as her handwriting in the human world.

"Byeee," Sunset said as she was leaving with Trixie and Starlight. They went to a wagon store and found one to buy, it was good, and Starlight labeled it as better than Hoo'Far's. They put their stuff on the wagon and felt cozy. It was made out of wood and was lighter than it seemed, even with the furniture. It cost them 8000 bits, and Sunset, who offered herself to pay all felt it was a little bit overpriced.

"Shouldn't we read the letter?" Starlight asked. Sunset nodded and opened the letter. In the letter it was written,
'The portal's power, we couldn't fight,
Our bodies sucked into the night,
A new villain with wicked schemes,
Pulled us away from our moonlit dreams.

Now trapped in a place unknown,
We seek a way to find our home,
But danger lurks around each bend,
As we search for a means to mend.

The clues to our salvation hide,
In riddles and puzzles, side by side,
Only by solving each mystery,
Can we escape this misery?

So please, dear friend, we ask of thee,
To aid us in our time of need,
Find the answers, set us free,
And break this villainous misdeed.

The fate of Equestria, in your hand,
We trust you'll find the key, so grand,
To unlock the portal, and release us all,
From this villain's wicked thrall.

Twilight.'

"What did she mean by this?" Trixie asked in confusion from the puzzle.

"We are going to solve this soon, but now we need to sleep, it was a full day," Sunset answered.

Author's Note:

Both song and poetry made in this chapter were written by me.