• Published 18th Feb 2023
  • 1,384 Views, 19 Comments

Equestrian Phoenix Prologue - Zachary Pyromaniac



A phoenix from another universe ends up in Equestria. Staring the first character I ever created.

  • ...
6
 19
 1,384

Arrival

Author's Note:

List of voices in order of appearance.

Zachary Pyromaniac
Zachary Dearest
Keith
A.I system
Twilight Sparkle
Rarity
Rainbow Dash
Pinke Pie

If you want a full bio on Zachary Pyromaniac. Just let me know.

Zachary Pyromaniac was typing in the coordinates for the next universe on his right wrist mounted travel device. Zachary was an Interesting guy, he was a half human, half Phoenix for a destroyed world. He had the appearance of a 25 year old human being standing about 5 feet and 7 inches. He had short black hair and dark crimson red eyes except for his left which had a claw mark across it. He could still see out it, but it was now a bright white color and glowing slightly. He didn't mind this at all however always saying he needed a scar somewhere. As for his outfit, he wore a red leather trench coat, a black tank-top underneath, a pair of fingerless gloves, black jeans, and a pair of black army grade combat boots. In both of his leg holsters comfortably sat his most prize weapons. Two gun metal black Desert Eagles. Zac had always loved dual welding pistols, but no pistol stood out to him like the Desert Eagle did. However the ones he had were custom made by his brother Jason Thunder. Jason had design the magazines to replicate the 50 Action Express full metal jacket rounds they fired, meaning the guns never ran out of ammunition. What made these guns extremely deadly however was the speed of which he could fire them. Jason had made the chamber system chamber faster than any mounted heavy weapons, exceeding that of the MG42 and the GAO-8 Avenger found on the A10 Warthog. If he really wanted to, Zac could fire these guns at 20,000 rounds per second.

Zac had just finished typing in the coordinates when two people walk in,

"Hey Pyro"

Zac turned around to see two of his new colleagues, Zachary Dearest and Keith. Zachary Dearest was a alternate version of Pyromaniac, They both looked the same except Dearest had shorter white hair and dark red eyes. He wore an eye patch over his right eye, and a black leather jacket with red lines down the sleeves with blue jeans instead of black. Keith on the other hand looked nothing like the two. He was about a centimeter shorter then the both of them, He had Sapphire hair which was all over the place as well as cyan blue eyes. He wore a backwards black cap with a light blue brim, a leather jacket like Dearest except with cyan lines down the sleeves, an black tee shirt with a red cross on it, black jeans, and a pair of red sneakers.
Zac greeted both of them as they walked in.

"Oh, hey guys!"

After a quick fist bump, Zac asked with a little concern

"Find my brother yet?"

Dearest shook his head

"Nope, still nothing"

Keith thought for second

"Either his universe punching device is broken"

He paused for a moment before continuing, now seeing the visible concern on Zac's face.

"Or he doesn't want to be found"

Zachary just stood there seemingly lost in thought. After a second, he responded.

"That's not like my brother, he would've called me by now, something happened to him."

Dearest comforted Zac by padding him on the shoulder.

"Don't worry Pyro, he's out there somewhere, and we will find him."

Zachary lightened up a bit.

"Yeah, I guess your right."

Keith decided to change the subject back to what it was a minute ago.

"So, how are you doing on the shards?"

Zac spoke almost immediately.

"Well,I've collected about half of them, I was just about to retrieve one right now"

Keith was very happy with his reply.

"Oh cool, who knows, maybe collecting all of them will leads us to your brother."

That seemed to lightened Zac up a lot more

"Maybe"

Dearest looked at his watch, noticing the time, he said.

"Well Pyro, we'll leave you to it"

Zac seemed a little disappointed that his friends had to go so soon. He enjoyed talking to them.

"See you guys later"

Zac waved as Dearest and Keith both left the room. Standing there for a moment, his serious look returned as he began to power up his Universe Hopper. The female automated A.I system inside began the sequence.

"GAUNTLET NUMBER 1.8.2.5 BOOT UP SEQUENCE INITIALIZED"

Zac braced himself as he drew back his fist.

"BOOT UP SEQUENCE COMPLETE"

"FIRING IN 3...2...1"

Zac threw his fist like he was throwing a punch.

*CRACK!

Where Zac's fist hit was now a blue crack in reality itself.

"Alright, TALLY O!"

Zac closed his eyes and jumped into crack, A second later, it disappeared like it was never there.


Zachary didn't need to open his eyes to know he was falling. He was all to used to it at this point.

"Oh shit, I forgot to set the Y coordinate to a squiggly line again"

He shook it off rather quickly.

"Ah who the fuck cares?"

Zac opened his eyes but all he saw was fog.

"How far up am I?"

His answer came in the form of the ground coming into view. When he realized he was about a single mile for the ground, he panicked.

"OH FUUUUUUU-

*CRASH!*


Zac opened his eyes slowly, still dazed from what felt like a 10,000 mile fall.

"Uhhhhhh"

"Huh?"

"Where the fuck am I?"

Taking in his surroundings he appeared to be in a library, inside of a tree?

"Ok, not the weirdest place I've been"

He tried to stand up, only finding it impossible and falling flat on his face.

"what the?"

As he looked up, he saw himself in a mirrors reflection. Only he didn't see himself per say. He was looking at what looked like a pony, Only to realize that, he WAS the pony. Staggering to his, "hooves" he took a better look at his new appearance. He was dark grey with his hair, (or in this case mane) jet black. His eyes were still their respected colors however, and the scar was still present across his left eye. He was still wearing his red leather trench coat and surprisingly, still looked good on him. As he turned to get a better view, he noticed what looked like a tattoo right on his flank.

"Why is there a tattoo on my ass?"

It was a tattoo of two guns crossed together with a sword between them and a phoenix behind them both.

"Well at least it's in my style"

He walk around in circles for a few minutes trying to get used to walking.

"Ok not as hard as it looks"

After thinking from a second, he said to himself rather happily.

"I can get used to this"

Right at that moment, he heard the door opened below and the sound of people talking. He dropped to the ground and peeked down at the floor below. He saw four ponies all in different colors. He listened for a moment to hear what they were talking about.

"You heard Princess Celestia"

"You sure taking him there's a good idea? I mean he fell for the sky."

"It's not like we have any other choice"

"What I'm wondering is how is he still alive?"

Zac realized what they were talking about.

"They're talking about me!"

Zac commando crawled slowly across the top floor trying to get to front door which was still open. About a million thoughts were going through his head right now. Who were these people? Where was he? What did they plan to do with him? He was so lost in thought that he didn't realize how close to the edge he was. By the time he realized, it was too late,his foot slipped and he struggled to keep his balance. But being a pony, it was impossible.

"Oh shi-"

*crash*

Dazed yet again, Zac stood up from the splinters of what was left of the table he fell on. It was at that moment he realized all eyes were on him, and they were just as confused as he was.

Half of him wanted to run out the door, but he still wasn't used to being a pony and he was still dazed so that was no good. The other half wanted to see what would happen, although he couldn't exactly fight back if they attacked him. Hearing one of them speak snapped him back to reality

"Are you okay?"

"What?"

He said, his vision finally focusing.

He could now see who he was talking to, a pony similar to what he looked like now,except a light shade of purple and had a horn like a unicorn. Her sparkling violet eyes were very mesmerizing, he felt like he was getting lost in her gaze. Her speaking again snapped him out of his trance.

"I said, are you okay?"

"Uhhhhh"

He was a lot more confused now, he had expected them to attack him thinking he was a threat, seeing as he fell from the sky. But why weren't they? He suddenly had an idea. Fake having amnesia to get information.

"yeah I think so"

He said, rubbing the back of his head.

"Where am I exactly?"

"Ponyville?"

She said with a bit of doubt in her voice.

"I think he has amnesia"

The pony that spoke was white with purple wavy mane and also a horn. She looked like some kind of fashion designer.

"Do you have any idea where you are darling?"

"Can't say I do"

One of them suddenly screamed with joy causing his ears to ring.

"WELCOME TO PONYVILLE FELLOW PONY!"

"What the!?"

The pony that suddenly yelled at the top of her lungs was "Pink" with a darker pink mane and very "VERY" cheerful. What made her even more concerning was the fact she was bouncing up and down like a child on a sugar rush.

"Ok"

He said nervously, his ears still ringing.

"I get I'm in Ponyville. But where am I?"

"Your in Equestria "

The purple pony replied, still with doubt in her voice.

"Ok Equestria, now we're getting somewhere."

"Alright smart guy, who are you?"

Zac looked up slightly towards the demanding voice. This pony was cyan with a rainbow mane and tail, she was also floating because she had wings.

"Well I do remember my name."

He said, as he eyed her suspiciously

"Oh do you now"

She said with a little sass.

"Maybe we should introduce ourselves first."

The purple pony said,

"ugh, oh alright."

They all moved toward him ready to introduce themselves which made Zac back up slightly. The purple pony spoke first.

"Hello fellow pony, I am Twilight Sparkle."

The White pony was next.

"I'm Rarity"

The pink cheerful one went next with enthusiasm

"Hi I'm Pinke Pie but you call me Pinke!"

Finally the cyan pony, who was still very annoyed simply said,

"Rainbow Dash."

Zac thought to himself, they seemed friendly enough.

"Ok, well I'm Zachary. But you call me Zac"

He said, still concerned

"you all seem like wonderful people."

Smiling a little. He took a deep breath, and continued.

"Ok, this is going to sound like a weird question, but what's with the tattoo on my flank?"

That question only made Rainbow Dash more annoyed then she already was.

"Seriously?"

Twilight glared at her annoyed.

"Sorry"

"That's called a cutie mark.

Twilight said, with a puzzled expression, Zac was just as puzzled.

"What's a cutie mark?"

Now with visible confusion, she replied

"It's like a visual picture of one's talents. But you're not born with it, it comes when you discover your talent. Although I've never seen a cutie mark like yours before. Do you know what your talent is?"

Zac thought for a second, looking down at the floor, he replied.

"No, I don't, must of hit my head REALLY hard."

Twilight seemed very concerned.

"Oh"

She walked up and padded Zac on the shoulder.

"I'm sure your memory will come back soon"

Zac looked up at her, almost getting lost in her gaze again.

"Yeah, hopefully."

They were silent for a few moments before Rarity cleared her throat to get their attention.

"Excuse me, but shouldn't we be on our way to Canterlot?"

Twilight suddenly perked up in response.

"Oh, that's right!"

All this did was confuse Zac even more.

"What's Canterlot?"

Pinke was already out the door bouncing down the road.

"Come on mister Zachary!"

Rarity and Rainbow Dash were running after her trying to get her to slow down.Twilight walked to the door and looked back at Zac.

"Come on Zac"

Zac followed her, still concerned and very confused.

"Where are we going?"

Twilight replied with enthusiasm.

"To see the princess Celestia, she might be able to help you"

Zac was yet again, confused.

"Princess Celestia?"

It seemed every answer he got just left him asking more questions. How could this Princess help him? Could she lead him to the shard of the Nexus? All this was so very confusing.

"I hope I don't regret this.