• Published 1st Feb 2023
  • 310 Views, 13 Comments

Jett Finds A Filly - Melonman



Jett finds a filly in an abandoned research facility. Whatever will she do?

  • ...
 13
 310

Jett Finds A Filly

A plane zooms through the clouds as it travels at immense speeds. After flying for almost two hours, they finally reached their destination. In the distance, there was an abandoned facility at the top of the mountains that was meant to be top-secret from both kingdoms. Strangely enough, one side of the facility looked like nature had taken over it all and the other half of the facility was covered in sand and dust. Even worse, there was a huge rift in the sky just on the top of the facility. It is said that this facility was run by both alpha and omega kingdoms as they worked on experimenting with radianite. Until an incident happened that caused the whole facility to tear itself apart killing every scientist in the facility and also leaving a large blue crack in the middle of the two facilities that seems to stretch on forever with one side many trees were growing and on the other large canyons stood proud and tall. As they approach the facility the pilot then grabs the radio to contact the passengers about their arrival.

“10 minutes away from destination, get ready.” The pilot says over the radio. There in the passenger seats, 5 agents ready themselves for the landing and what's to come. Sova checks his bow and pulls its string back to test its strength. Satisfied, he then checks his bolts making sure to separate the shock bolts and recon bolts from each other. Beside him, Killjoy checks her gear and tools. making sure everything was working perfectly and no errors were found. On the other side of the plane, Phoenix straightens out his white coat as it releases sparks of fire and checks his phantom making sure it was loaded. Next to him, Skye, the new agent to join the team readies her totems and takes a deep breath. She was invited by Sage to join the valorant protocol for her unique powers of weaving life into things through her willpower. At first, she declined saying that she had to protect her land from any more of those rifts, but after hearing about many more rifts opening around the world, she accepted Sage’s offer. Then there was Jett, the young South Korean was playing with one of her throwing knives making it twirl and dance in the air with her wind powers. The trip mainly had been uneventful so she can't wait to finally get out of this plane and, in Phoenix's words, “stretch her wings”. Suddenly a ringing sound was heard.

The noise was coming from Killjoy as she tried to reach out her phone from one of her pockets. Once she had found her phone she quickly checked to see who was calling her. “It's Brimstone,” she said to the other 4 agents. She then accepted the call and projected it into the middle of the room for the rest to see. There, Brimstone sat in what appeared to be his office, the room was a bit dark but enough to see what was around him. Behind him was a shelf with many items he had collected over the years of being in the military. Even in his 50s, the old veteran refuses to retire from the line of duty. Brimstone quickly cleared his throat before speaking.

“Listen up! You are all about to enter an unknown facility that both kingdoms had hidden. Your task is to help Killjoy gather the necessary data from both sides of the facility and try to find out what happened to this place. And watch out for your counterparts, this place may look abandoned but we might not be the only ones exploring this place. Have each other's backs out there and you will all come back in one piece. Over and out.” Brimstone finishes as Killjoy’s screen stop projecting and the call ends. Then the pilot's voice came up on the radio.

“We can't seem to find a landing zone around this place. We are going to have to drop you off here.” The pilot says as the plane finally makes a stop. The 5 agents quickly got up from their seats and were now by the doorway preparing for the jump. Phoenix and Jett were the first in line while the others were at the back. Once the plane doors had opened they all immediately jumped out of the plane and landed on the ground guns raised, locked, and loaded.

“Valorant team has landed. We will be back in 25 minutes same location good luck.” The pilot says one last time before taking off. The 5 agents then checked their surroundings, they were met with two choices. One leads to the forest side of the facility and the other to the sandy plains with the middle of what appeared to be the one that had torn this place apart, to begin with. The radian collider was the machine that both kingdoms had been working on. It was meant to research more advanced studies for radianite particles further and now it was the very thing that had killed every one of them in the facility.

“Alright guys listen up,” Killjoy calls the other agents who were scanning their surroundings. “There are two ways we could choose, it's either we split up or go together on one of the ways.”

“I’d say we split up,” Phoenix says after checking the radian collider and what was left of it. “Me and Jett will go this way,” Phoenix points towards the desert part of the facility. “While the rest of you will go that way.” then points towards the forest side of the facility.

“But what if you both were to be attacked?” Killjoy asks with worry.

“Don't worry, will be fine ain't I right Jett?“ Phoenix says in his usual British accent as he puts his arm around Jett's shoulders earning a chuckle from her.

“Yeah, don't worry kj will be fine,” Jett assures killjoy.

“Ok. Just call us on the radio whenever something dangerous happens alright?” Killjoy says as she holds a radio that the agents had been provided to communicate with each other if things like this would happen.

“Of course Kj, come on Phoenix race you!” Jett says cheerfully as she starts running towards the entrance of the desert facility with the help of her wind powers causing phoenix to be caught off guard.

“Wha~ HEY! I wasn't ready!” Phoenix shouted to Jett as he began to start running as well trying to catch up to his friend. The rest of the agents stared at them for a while seeing them play with each other until they were out of view.

“Are they always like this?” Skye asks in confusion, earning a slight chuckle from Sova.

“Hehe, well yes but you'll get used to it,” Sova replies with his Russian accent as they started moving toward the forest side of the facility. What greeted them first was a sign that says “Everett-Linde Research Lab Alpha Sector Restricted Area.” And then another barely visible that said “Robotics Department..” there was going to be a lot of ground that needed to be covered and it was here.


After running out of a long corridor Jett was the first to exit followed by phoenix who was taking heavy breaths from the little race they had, Jett, however, didn't even break a sweat as she was still pumped up feeling like she could take on the world and the dangers it brings to her. She looks over to Phoenix who had his head down and his hands on his knees still taking deep breaths.

“You….Cheated.” Was Phoenix could say from his tried breathing which made Jett smile, She always loved not being fair when it comes to hanging out with Phoenix.

“Aw don't be such a baby pretty boy.” Jett teases as she grabs phoenix’s chin raising it up to meet her eyes which he gave an angry expression but quickly brushed off.

“Fine, you win this one Jett. Now come on let's see what we can find from…this…place.” Phoenix stopped as he looked over to where he and Jett currently were. Jett soon followed where phoenix was looking, to her horror many bodies littered the area some were wearing hazmat suits whilst others were wearing white coats and goggles. Their bodies have been in this facility for quite some time. The site made Jett want to puke it all out as she covered her mouth, it was horrible! Then Killjoy’s voice was heard over the radio

“Jett, Phoenix what have you found?” Killjoy says over the radio.

“Bodies… Lots of them.” Phoenix answered back as he moves closer to one of the bodies. No flesh was left of it other than the bones of the scientist. How long has it been since the incident happened?

“We found some as well, Try to find anything you can on your side phoenix, and be cautious.”

“Roger that kj, we’ll call you when we find anything interesting.” Phoenix then puts down the radio and returns back to where Jett was standing.

“You alright there Jett?” Phoenix asked concerned about his friend as her eyes darted around the area looking at all the bodies that lie motionless. But once her name was called her eyes were pointed at phoenix and she quickly responded.

“Of course I'm alright, it's just that this place gives me the creeps,” Jett says quickly brushing off the nervousness in her.

“Alright let's split up then, I’ll continue exploring this side of the facility while you explore the rooms in that corridor we just ran through. Sound good?” If his friend wasn’t comfortable around this part of the facility then it was best if they would split up.

“Yeah that sounds great, after all, I think I saw something pretty interesting back there. I’ll make sure to radio you when I find something cool.”

Then they departed with Phoenix heading further into the facility while Jett heads back to where they came. It was stupid of her to act all afraid in front of Phoenix, he clearly saw it through her. She had fought many battles before and showed no fear and this had to be the perfect time to finally, let it all out. She stumbled upon a window and as she looked through it she saw what appeared to be a teleporter terminal as one portal was the entrance and one was the exit possibly towards omega earth. Looking above her she saw the destinations, times, the number of the specific portal to go to, and status which they were all delayed. Realizing it was a dead end she went back to the area where she and phoenix had split up.

She scanned the area trying to ignore the dead bodies all around her. She noticed that the radianite boxes, which usually have a light green color to them, had a dark orange color instead. She immediately contacted killjoy.

“Hey killjoy, aren't the boxes that store radianite colored light green?”

“Yes, why do you ask?”

“Well, Over on omega’s side of the facility, the radianite boxes have a dark orange color to them,” Jett says as she touches one of the boxes. Bit dusty.

“Interesting…. Take a picture of one of those boxes and send them to me.”

Jett then grabs her phone and was about to take a photo of the boxes when something caught her attention. A door that was underneath the strange platform placement suddenly opened and the sound of broken glass could be heard. Jett immediately raised her rifle at the door and slowly approached it. Once she made it to the door she quickly opened and scanned around the area with her rifle. The room was pitch black and she couldn't see a damn thing, a light switch was by the doorway and with a flick the room was bright.

She saw many broken glasses on the ground, a chalkboard with multiple equations that didn't seem to be solved, and tables and chairs that were tumbled and looked like they were thrown around the room. What really caught her attention was the little blood trail that led toward a pile of chairs stacked against each other. By the looks of it, they still seemed to be fresh as Jett took a closer look at the trail, It almost looked like.

“Hooves?” Jett thought to herself.

Sudden noise then came from the pile of chairs as chairs began to fall off the mountain pile. Jett quickly raised her rifle pointing towards the chairs. She could see something pop out underneath the chairs and then it came to view. It was a pony…or rather a filly as it was relatively much smaller than a normal pony. Her coat was light blue and her mane had a light teal as well. It stared at Jett with her rather big green eyes something that Jett had not seen before in a normal pony before. What was a filly doing in a place like this? If Jett wasn’t surprised enough she took a closer look at the filly which made her jaw drop. She had wings behind her. WINGS. How is that even possible?! She was a pegasus like in one of those cartoon shows for kids. But they can't be real? How is this pegasus real?!

Jett saw that the filly was all dirty from the dust and…whimpering as her eyes were tearing up, she had her foreleg raised for Jett to see, and sure enough. There was blood around the hoof, it seemed that she had stepped on one of the glass shards. Jett had to think of something fast as the filly was sniffling trying her best not to cry but the tears were already pouring from her cheeks. Jett quickly holstered her gun and slowly approaches the filly making sure to not step on the broken glass herself. The filly panics and tries to back away with her foreleg up.

“Hey, it's alright I'm not gonna hurt you,” Jett says in a calming tone. The filly seemed to understand what Jett was talking about as it stopped panicking and continued to stare at Jett. Once she had passed the broken glass she bends down in a squatting position and held out her hands to the filly. Jett then grabbed the filly and tucked her in her arms making sure her injured foreleg was out. The filly looked down and seemed to be panicking again as Jett could see the fear in her big eyes. Jett then tried to scratch her ear with her right arm as the filly was now looking straight into Jett’s eyes.

“Don't worry you're going to be ok,” Jett says trying to calm the filly down which worked. The filly then rested her head in Jett’s arms and was fast asleep. Poor thing, she must haven't gotten enough sleep in this place. Jett then exits the room as she tries to look for Phoenix and the others about her finding. Just as Jett leaves the room Phoenix approaches Jett.

“Well, I mostly found some broken crap behind the facility but nothing really interesting. What about you…Jett.” Phoenix paused trying to figure out what his friend was holding in her arms and was asleep.
“Jett… Is that a pony?” Phoenix questioned

“Not just a pony, look.” Jett then shows the wings to Phoenix who had his mouth wide open upon seeing the wings.

“A pegasus?! Where in the world did you find her?!”

“I found her in one of those rooms over there.” Jett point to the door with her head.

“It looks like she's bleeding, we should find Skye she’ll know what to do.” just then the radio comes to life again as it makes a few static noises before the voice was properly heard.

“Jett, Phoenix we got the data. Found anything interesting in the omega sector?” Killjoy questions over the radio.

“Oh yeah, and you will not believe what we have just found here,” Phoenix said

“Excellent! Meet us back at the rendezvous point, the pilot should return any minute now.”

“Alright, we're coming.” Phoenix then looks at Jett, who was looking at the sleeping filly.

“Well, what are we going to do now?” Phoenix asked as they started walking back toward where they came from to meet the rest of the agents.

“I don't know… this is something everyone needs to know about.”