• Published 9th Feb 2023
  • 341 Views, 9 Comments

Equestria Girls: The Apple of Death's Eye - Time Agent pony



A certain day is approaching, one Applejack has mixed feeling about, the anniversary of her parents death and if that wasn't enough, a strange girl keeps appearing around her

  • ...
 9
 341

Chapter 2

Later that day, at Canterlot Mall.

Applejack had finished helping her family with harvesting their apples and was now working at her part time at a juice bar.

When Applejack wasn't at CHS, building her future education, she would ether be hanging with her friends or working to earn extra money for her family.

Her family did earn enough money from selling their apple food products, but it didn't hurt to bring in some extra money on the side.

Applejack was thinking about what Big Mac had said about letting Apple Bloom accompany them when they visited the cemetery in the evening.

She was lost in her own thoughts, slicing fruits and veg when a girl approached the juice bar counter.

The sound of whistling shook Applejack from her daydream.

She turned around and approached the counter, "Howdy," she greeted, the girl, "what can I get ya?"

"Hmmm," the voice of the customer answered, "surprise me."

Applejack complied mixing random fruit and vegetables to create a smoothy for the costumer.

"There you go," she smiled, "hope you like it."

The customer took the drink and sipped it, "not bad," she said, "but I can't pay for it."

Applejack looked up to see the customer's face, she had a friendly smile on her face, the clothes of a goth and a black umbrella with her.

"Don't worry," Applejack replied, smiling back, "lets consider this one on the house."

"Thank you," the girl answered, "you're very kind."

"Are you new here?" Applejack asked, "I don't think I've seen you around here, before."

"I've been here, before," the girl replied, "I travel a lot, so I'm always moving from place to place."

"Is that so?" Applejack remarked, "well, in that case, let me be the first to welcome you back to Canterlot."

"Thank you," the girl responded, "I don't think you told me your name."

"Name's Applejack," she answered, "my family's products and apples are sold far and wide across Canterlot."

Upon hearing Applejack's name, the girl suddenly recognised it.

"Oh, I've heard of you," she said, "I knew your parents."

"Really?" Applejack replied, "I don't remember my parents mentioning you."

She couldn't recall anytime in her childhood, that she had ever encountered the girl that stood before her.

"What did you say your name was?" Applejack asked.

"I didn't," the girl answered.

Applejack was about to press for more information, when the girl finished her smoothy, smiled and walked away, leaving Applejack in utter confusion.


A few hours later.

Applejack walked into the Sweet Shoppe, the mysterious girl from earlier still stuck in her mind.

She sat at a table, the girl wasn't the only thing on her mind, the evening was drawing near and her visit to her parents graves with Big Mac was too and still didn't feel comfortable about Apple Bloom accompanying them.

Applejack was shaken from her thoughts by the arrival of Mrs. Cake, the owner of the bakery.

"Hey Applejack," she greeted, "nice sunny day isn't it?"

"I guess," Applejack replied, sighing and staring down at the table.

"Arr," Mrs. Cake remarked, seeing the girl was distressed, "what's got you all blue?"

The look in Applejack's eyes told Mrs. Cake what she needed to know, "Oh," she said, "it's that time again, right?"

Applejack nodded, she didn't need to explain anything, Mrs. Cake was a kind soul and had been friends with Applejack's mother before she met her father, she and Applejack's mother had been friends when they were students at Canterlot High.

It was Applejack's mother who helped Mrs. Cake, back when she was known as Chiffon Swirl, find her calling and pursue a career as a baker.

Mrs. Cake and her husband had always been practically like family to Applejack and her family.

Sensing Applejack needed some alone time, Mrs. Cake moved away to continue her work at taking orders around the shop and helping her husband run the café.

She and her husband were planing on starting a family of there own.

She did give Applejack a smile and a wink, before she moved off.

Applejack's thoughts continued to linger in her head, "Your sister is old enough, you can't keep on protecting her forever, she can handle it."

"Maybe Apple Bloom is old enough," Applejack murmured, to herself, "maybe I should..."

She stopped her train of thought. There, walking through the shop door, was the mysterious girl from earlier.

Mrs. Cake seemed to know who the girl was and proceeded to take her order.

After which, the girl took her order, whistling the tune from earlier, as she headed out the door.

Applejack was about to ask Mrs. Cake who the strange girl was, but before she could act, her phone buzzed signifying she had received a text.

It was from Fluttershy reminding her that she had an appointment to get her dog, Winona, groomed at the Animal Shelter & Clinic, where Fluttershy helped at during some of her free time.

Applejack was slightly annoyed that the she was again denied an answer to the mysterious girl's identity, but not wanting to keep her friend waiting, Applejack left the shop and headed back to her house to pick up Winona, then headed for the Animal Shelter.