• Published 13th Dec 2022
  • 385 Views, 5 Comments

Tales Of The Gargoyle King - discordjediknight



Is the Gargoyle King just a legend? while on a journey to save her sick mother, a young girl in search of her father unleashes the devil from hell not knowing how true the old bedtime story is.

  • ...
 5
 385

Chapter 6 the doctor

Suddenly the place grew dark. Melody looked up to see a cloud was now covering the moon. Without its light, she couldn't see to read the rest of the book.

"Ok, so it's an average start to any fairy tale. I like what it's setting up. Obviously, the servant of the queen gonna end up with the gargoyle king. Cheese said as he sat up."

"Yeah, I guess you hear one fairy tale you heard them all," Melody said closing the book, making a mental note of where she left off. "But it isn't just the servants story."

"Oh yeah."

"Yeah, like their this who second part where a farm girl is running from a witch and ends up at the castle. And a girl whose brother got eaten by the same witch"

"Hansel and Gradle."

"What."

"Hansel and Gradle. That's the story of Hansel and Gradle. "

"Never heard of them. I only know the tales of the gargoyle king. "

He shrugged. "Well let's get going then shall we. I think that's enough rest for now."

"Leaving so soon.I was just enjoying the story." A voice said behind them. They turned to see a woman in a dark blue dress and cloak with a star-like pattern.

"Doctor Luna." Melody shouted and jumped up, throwing her arms around her.

Luna was a bit surprised by the hug, but returned the gesture.

"What are you doing here?" Asked melody.

"I could ask you the same question."

"My mother is sick and..."

"Yes." she hugged Melody, aging. "Yes I know. And I know of what you plan to do." She pulled away from melody. "You shouldn't do this." Melody frowned. "But I am not here to talk you out of it." Luna smiled.

"Your mother is quite ill and I am afraid that I can not help her. It's funny. I've known you since you were born, melody. What you don't know is that I was tasked by your father himself to watch over your mother. And i have watched over you as well." Luna placed a hand on melody face. You've grown so much.

Melody tilted her head in confusion. "Does every one know my father but me." She looked at cheese for an answer. He shook his head and shrugged his shoulders as a response. Luna chuckled fondly at both of them as she removed her hand.

"It's a shame your father never knew about you."

"Does he have the power to save her?"

"Luna nodded slowly. My power is great, but there was non-like his. He could shape all of reality with a snap of his fingers. He definitely could be the cure to save your mother."

"Well, then that's it. I'm going to bring him back. I have to."

"Wait!" Cheese interrupted. "You said your great power. I thought you were a doctor," he stepped closer to her and then noticed her necklace. "Hay, that's the symbol of the moon goddess. Her job is to watch over and give sweat full dreams to those in rest."

Luna nodded as she turned her head to the boy. "Many herbs and plants grow not in the sunlight but the moon light. I tend to use those to remedy the sick and give them peaceful nights. Alto I have become somewhat of a doctor, I do indeed use magic as a last resort. She turned her gaze back to melody. And it is because of that I do understand what you're dong."

"Luna here in many ways is the person who taught me how to do magic. Hay would you mind teaching him. I can't do it justice. "

Luna chuckled. "Yes, well that is because you are in many ways quiet special. Your magic is some of the strongest ever to exist. But all do have magic. Mr?"

"Oh Cheese. Cheese jr."

"Well cheese. Imagine a burning fire. That burning fire is a soul. From that soul comes warmth and light. It also comes with the possibility of invention. Without fire, you wouldn't be able to cook your food or create weapons of iron. Or power your homes, cars and trains. That very same fire is with in you. And all who live have it. "
Cheese nodded.

"And just like any fire, it takes fuel to feed it. You eat to fuel that fire and when you over do it you feel ill and weak, the fire may be tired. But its energy still there. You must use that spark, that fire, to create magic."
Cheese nodded as if he understood, but the look on his face showed much confusion.
"Of course the soul fire is but one of three things youl need to perform magic, the 2ed is your mind. Your imagination."
Cheese smiled at this. "So if I'm getting this right, I just have to believe in it, and it will come true."
Luna nodded. "Yes, in simplest terms. Imagine you could do anything and it will come true. Tho, some spells are harder than most. And take great effort and energy to bring to reality. Nothing is impossible, tho. "
"And what of the third. "

Luna smile widen. "While you can create magic on your own. By using The third, it can strengthen it. All you have to do is call apwan the energy around you. The energy of nature. It is the combination of these three things that create magic. Once you know what you want your fire to create you must draw a pawn magic around you. Typically, by drawing a rune. Luna drew a crescent moon symbol in the dirt using her foot."

Melody shook her head in confusion." I don't do that."

"Threw the use of runes, it can be easier to draw specific energy from specific elements of nature. You however, never needed to. Your powers already great. "

Luna turned her attention to cheese aging. The gods you speak of. There not gods as much as they are spirits of nature. The physical forms of natures energy. It is their power you draw a pawn when creating magic, they are the ones who give runes to those who seek it. Most are more than willing to share their powers with you. Interested to see what mortals will create with it. And others who are not. Unless you can prove worthy of their rune. Of their power. To activate a rune, you must only say the name of the spirit. "

" I did not know that. I wonder who's powers I've been drawing a pawn for years, then."
Luna only smiled. "Well, best not to dwell on it. I've kept you long enough you should be on your way, but first. " Luna reached in to her cloak and pulled out a small stone, and handed it to her. "You will need this in time. "
Melody took it and placed it in her saddlebag before she jumped on the back of her horse, followed by cheese.
"And one more thing." Luna stopped them. "Your father. He's not what you will expect. My brother has always been a bit of a grump."

Melody's eyes widen at that." How many siblings do you have? She asked

"Oh, the family's kinda of a large one. Counting your father theirs, thirteen of us in all. And I'm sure youl meet every one of my siblings soon enough. Now go." She waved a hand and before melody could react, flash the horse took off. As she disappeared into the dark the moon came out from behind the clouds and shined the way aging.

Author's Note:

Feel free to give me any feed back.
(update 2/27/23) gone back and fixed a few grammer mistakes and spelling issues. if thire are any more feel Free to let me know.