• Published 13th Dec 2022
  • 385 Views, 5 Comments

Tales Of The Gargoyle King - discordjediknight



Is the Gargoyle King just a legend? while on a journey to save her sick mother, a young girl in search of her father unleashes the devil from hell not knowing how true the old bedtime story is.

  • ...
 5
 385

Chapter 14 the tea party of chaos

"Why are we running?" Asked Fluttershys.

"To catch the table." Applejack told her. Making Fluttershys question what she just heard. But before she could even ask, she saw the running wild table.

"Quickly!" Laughed starlight. "I don't want all the scones gone."

" Yeah." Shouted pinky pie.

AJ then brought out a red licorice vine from a nearby tree. She used it as a lasso and threw it, catching onto one of the chairs. The table itself rocked back and forth along with mismatched chairs. Mismatched teapots and plates scattered the surface with food.

The girls quickly jumped onto the rope and sat down quickly at the table. Once Fluttershy was seated, starlight and the other girls rubbed the tables too as if they were petting a crazy pet. The table instantly came to a stop and settled down, letting them have a moment of peace.

Flutershys didn't know what to make of it. She looked around, everything just seem to settle down. She finally had time to relax. She looked up at the sky. Seeing it be a purple swirly. Cotton candy clouds swayed with the soft wind that smelt of mint. The sun was a bright orange. No, a literal bright sparkling orange that shined the day away.

She then remembered the night of the party and how fun it was. She thought of how strange the candy plants were and relisted they all were still there. She looked down at the plants, realizing that some of them were food as well.

She sat back in her chair. Which was a fancy sofa-like chair. The material felt like a soft carpet and was quite comfortable. She finally took a deep breath and looked around. She then took a look at the others.

She remembers some of them at the party as well. In odd costumes. But now they were all sitting around drinking tea as if nothing was unusual about what The day has brought. They must have been so used to it.

"So Fluttershy." Rarity spoke up. "What was life back at home like? You lived in Canterlot what did you do there?"

Fluttershy jumped a bit at being addressed.

"Oh, hush up, rarity. She doesn't need to talk if she doesn't want to."

"Hmm, I suppose you're right, I was just curious." She said as she drank some of her tea.

"I um…" She stuttered." I was a maid." She let her hair full into her eyes, trying to hide. "I worked for the queen and attended to the princess whenever she needed me to."

"You had a brother. He looked like a strong knight." Rarity said

Then she remembered that rarity and these girls were those in the cloaks.

"He is actually a rather poor knight. He only got the job because of our father." She said quietly.

"Is your father a knight?" Asked starlight, twirling her spoon in her cup of tea.

Fluttershy nodded. "Was. He uh well. He died along with my mother long ago."

"Did you have a favorite part about living there?" A place, a book. A boy. Rarity said with a sly grin.

Fluttershy giggled a bit. "I just loved the animals there. I tended to them often when. On royal duties. My friend was twilight the princess."

"Ah, a princess, my, my. What I would give to be a princess. Where a tiara, a fancy dress." Rarity went on, to the other's dismay.

"Well, now we're all friends. And tho it looks bleak we're all happy you're here and besides, it's not like you'll never see them, you can write to them any time." Pinky said, sounding surprisingly wise. Everyone looked at her with a surprised expression just before she dived into a chocolate cake head first, taking a huge bite out of it that was sitting on the table.

"And that's pinky for ya." AJ said making Fluttershy giggle aging. Out of the group, only starlight sat properly. She seemed to be snooty high-strung but nice. She kept looking at her watch and staring at the cups around the table.

Flutershys finally decided to grab a cup when suddenly starlight shouted.

"Empty cup, empty cup, move down move down move down." She shouted. All of them quickly stood up and walked five or so seats down. AJ noticed Fluttershys confusion and lack of movement. She grabbed Fluttershy and dragged her out of the chair before it was too late.

She looked back and noticed the table coming to life aging, snapping the chairs into the air far away.

"What was that?" Fluttershy asked, confused and static.

"Oh well, you see, doll". Rarity said as she helped Fluttershy into another chair, this time a wooden rocking chair. "Every so often, about ten minutes, the table reacts and flings things away. Usually, a good sign of when that's going to happen is if you see an empty cup." She pointed at the cups of steaming hot tea.

"And if you get kicked off, you usually end up on the other side of the table. The problem is the table is half a mile long. So stay close, you don't want to get lost. Oh, but if you do just remember to turn left, never right."

This made no sense to Fluttershy, but she quickly nodded, taking a cup of tea. But she didn't drink it. She sat there staring at the table, frightened of it next. Movement.

This continued for a short time. She barely had anything to drink and just relaxed, listing to everyone one chatter. Every few minutes, getting up before the table burst into life

But then in mid-conversation about how the town came to be. AJ and starlight explain the history. Pinky shouted. "Empty cup empty cup move down". Flutershys tried to get up out of her chair. A blue recliner. But found difficulty in making the front of it go down.

Oh, no, she thought. She slightly panicked and tried to jump out as AJ called to her, "Come on." But to no avail. Suddenly, she and the chair were whipped into the air, and she flew far away to the other end of the table.

She and the chair landed with a hard thud. The chair finally broke, letting Fluttershy get up a little bruised from the landing. She stumbled for a minute to look where she was. She was still in the forest, and far into the distance she could see the blobs of what must have been the girls.

She turned her head away from them, hoping she wouldn't have a concussion.

She looked up and while a bit away but closer to her than the girls, she saw a man sitting at the table eating a slice of cake.

She thought on her option. She could either treck back all the way to the girls, or she could ask the man for help. "Hmm, I mean everyone here lives in town right, surly he must know a quick way back." She thought. With a sigh, she finally decided to walk toward the stranger.

He wore a black, somewhat torn coat with silver tips at the end of it. Strangely tho, he also had on white gloves and a light green top hat. He ate his cake rather viciously in anger at the sound of his chomping.

She slowly approached the stranger, a bit nervous, to say the least.

"Um, excuse me." She said barely above a whisper.

"AHH What now! I swear if this is another..."

The man said as he quickly stood from his chair, spinning around to greet her.
"Oh. Oh, it's you. I'm sorry, I was expecting someone else." He said, letting a crooked smile spread across his face.

Flutershys eyes widen,in shock. She recognized the man. He wore a bit of a different outfit, but there was no mistaking it. He wore a green suit, purple paints and a black cloak that draped down to his purple boots.

"Dis... Discord." She stuttered.

"I half expected you to be the rabbit." He said as he turned back with a flap of his cloak. He sat down and continued to eat his cake. Picking it up and tossing what was left in his mouth. He gulped it down in one bite.

"You. You live here too?" She questioned, a bit shocked. He only nodded.
"Glad your, not the rabbit." He shruged.

"What rabbit?" She asked.

"Never mind, glad I cot you when I did. Tell me what are you good at."

"Huh?" she said, confused.

"You worked at the Canterlot castle, did you not? What are your skills?"

"Oh, umm, I make tea for the princess."

He nodded his head tilting a bit. "Good skill but not needed as you can see. You can clean right."

"Uh yes, I some timed-did the laundry, the dishes, and the floors."

"Laundry not needed, dishes, you can eat them hear. Floors might be useful. What else?" He asked as he pulled out a handkerchief cleaning the edges of his mouth.

"Umm, I used to dust and sweep and well I... I always tended to the animals."

"Animals aye. Hmm. He said, stroking his beared. Can you muck out horse stalls? Not the easiest or cleanest job for a lady, but..."

"Uh, yeah, I used to clean the royal horses' stalls all the time. And tended to the other furry creatures around." She said with a bit more excitment then she thought she had. As she finished her words, her heart began to ache. She would never see her little animal friends aging. And that reality was just setting in.

"Ah, good. The Midwestern walls are where we keep most of the animals at bay who live in the castle walls." He took a cup of tea and brought it to his face. "Come to think of it, the grounds over there could use a good cleaning out. Glad that's settled then."

"Huh, what..? She asked, but then heated another voice.

"Why don't you just do it? You're strong enough, Mr complainer." A white rabbit jumped out of the woods and over to the table.

"Ahh, shut up, you." Discord barked. "I have things to do."

"your just lazy. all you do is sleep!" the rabbit shruged

Flutershys froze in both fear and curiousness. "Did... Did that rabbit just..?"

"Yeah, your new year aren't ya sweetheart?" The rabbit said in a rather odd, deep voice. It didn't fit the cute little bunny body he had.

Her jaw dropped.

"Why don't you go back to the forest where you belong, fur ball?" Discord growled at it.

"Oh, that's rich. What you need is a chill pill, bro."

"I am not your bro rabbit." Discord said, crushing the teacup in his hand.

"Oh, come on, you know you need me."

Discord sat back in his chair as he brought his fingers to the bridge of his nose. He sighed." I've had a long day. I only wanted a cup of tea and some time to myself. Everyone else gets that but you. You animals." He flung up his hand. Several birds chirped in from above. "Oh, come on. Just talk about it. What happened that was so bad anyway?" Asked. a Green parrot.

"Shut up Smooes." Discord grumbled as he took another cup and sipped on the tea.

Flutershys watched the scene play out, not knowing what to really do or say.

She finally decided to take a seat. She looked at discord.

His eyes were as bright red as the night they danced. And tho he wore a smile, his eyes told her he was tired and upset.

"What are you looking at?" He muttered to Fluttershy. "Uhh. Umm, I've seem to have ended up on the wrong side of the table. Is there any way to get back to town?"

"Walk over to that tree," he said pointing at it, "and turning left at the rock. Hope you enjoy your time in chaos vill." He said as he got up and began to walk away. "Oh, uh, leaving so soon..."

"I have things to do. Sianarah" he said with a toothy grin and a wave of the hand.

"Oh, but..." But before she could stop him, he vanished. She looked around every which way and saw no one. She turns back to the table and the birds and rabbit were gone, leaving her completely alone to offend herself. Likewise, she shook her head and decided to follow Discord's advice. This was the 2ed time she ever met him. And looking back at the party, he seemed to be the only one who knew what was happening. Perhaps it's because he lived here for so long, she thought. Perhaps she would find him in town and thank him later. For now, she walked over to a tree. Nothing was particularly strange about the tree. Well, strange compared to the others. Its bark was definitely made of chocolate. And gave maple syrup. It had edible gummy leaves and licorice vines draped across its branches. She headed over to it and turned left at the rock, to her surprise she was standing right behind apple jack and the other girls.

"We should go back for her!" Shouted rarity.

"She'll find her way, all she needs to do is turn left." Starlight said.

"What if she turns right?" Pinky cried in fear.

"Now just calm down!" AJ yelled.

"Umm."

They all simultaneously turned around. "Fluttershy" they said. They jumped up, giving her a hug. Flutershys was a bit taken back and surprised by the gesture, but she too hugged them back.

Starlight was the only one who didn't hug her. But she gave a smile. , "told you she'd be fine."

"Are you kidding, she's been gone for hours!" AJ yelled back...

"Hours, I was only gone for fifteen minutes." She said, but when she looked up she saw that the one that gave light was now starting its descent past the mountains.

Well, come on, sugercube." Applejack said, pulling her into another hug. "Your safe now. When
We get back we have a welcome party planned, and then I'll show you to your sleeping quarters for the night."

Fluttershy nodded and head back to town with her new friends. Her new family. Trapped here in the castle of the Gargoyle King forever, it seems. A small tinge of pain crept into her heart at the idea. But for now, she didn't want to be the party pooper and decided to go along with it.

Author's Note:

yes ive been excidet for this... so while i wont spoil it. i have said several times that this story was a combination of ideas. thoes ideas being, Discord and the cholat factory, fluttershy in allice and wonderland, and a bit of wizard the ozz spin to it. i think so far its actrully comming together.
lol whoda thought that... to be honest i didnt think this was gonna turn out the way i wanted it. glad to see i was wrong. but what do you think.