• Published 3rd Jun 2023
  • 555 Views, 15 Comments

Ninas adventures - Jedi0765



Centuries after ancient equestria a lone dragoness has awoken to a strange new world that she once knew.

  • ...
2
 15
 555

Legend of a dragon

/10 years ago, Maretime bay lighthouse/


It was another day in the Earth pony town of Maretime bay, the townspeople were going about there everyday life's, while in the towns own factory Canterlogic, were making anti unicorn and pegasi devices. It was in the end of the school day and the fillies and colts were being picked up by there parents or were walking to their homes.

Right now a young colt and a filly were trotting to the lighthouse of this town, which was the fillies home, the fillies name is Sunny Starscout, the young colt is a little older than Sunny but they were in the same grade because of a hold back, his name is Hitch Trailblazer. These two have been friends since they were littler, they have a 3rd friend, a young colt named Sprout, but he was asked to stay after school to work on after school tutorials because of his grades. So he told his friends he'll have his mom come get him.

Right now the two friends were discussing on what they did in their classes, Sunny is taking classes on the other tribes, while Hitch was taking classes on critters and law, mostly the critter because lately he's been dealing with little critters for the past week. "I know that Sprout wants to be the new sheriff for our town, but it's a huge responsibility, one I'm not sure he can handle."

"I'm sure with your help he could learn a thing or two." Said Sunny.

"That's what worries me. But hopefully he doesn't go over his head." Replied Hitch as the two came to a stop near the road to Sunnys home, the lighthouse. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow Sunny. Night."

"Night Hitch." Sunny responded.

With that the two friends parted ways for the night, meanwhile an adult Earth pony, named Argyle Starshine, is doing research on a new discovery of his about these creatures called dragons, specifically a legend of 2 dragons that have long passed. He was about to continue till he heard his door open, and a frame being put back to place.

Shaking his head with a smile Argyle got up from his seat and trotted to the front door to welcome his filly home, passing by other notes and artifacts he has collected over the years. He has collected much over the years but his most prized position isn't an artifact or his notes but his one and only daughter, his little sun.

With Sunny she was just setting down her bags and studies on her school work, until she was picked up by her father causing her to giggle at her fathers playfulness.

"How was your day at school my little sun, anything new?" Asked her father.

"Nothing much, except Sprout seems to really want to become the Sheriff, and Hitch being an animal magnet, nothing new." She answered.

She started to notice the notes and drawings of a creature she has never seen before, being the curious filly she is she saw that the creature had 2 curved horns, a wing spam with what looked like scales, its eyebrows looked to be a part of its skull, and it had a snout with what looked like teeth.

"Dad, what is this thing? I don't recognize it from any notes from school, or from your past notes." Asked the curious filly.

Argyle went over to his filly and smiled as she was always one to ask questions, find the truth, and was one curious filly, she reminded him of his wife before she passed, banishing that thought from his head he decided to tell her of his discovery. "That ,my little Sun, is a dragon, and not just any dragon the legendary Spyro the dragon. And from what my notes tell me, he had a wife named Cynder the dragoness." Finished Argyle before he continued, "These two fought side by side with the Guardians of Harmony to protect the innocent, and to spread friendship to all ponies, creatures, etc." He let his daughter consume the info he gave her before he continued.

"From what I gathered these dragons have done something extraordinary in order to be given the legend title, but my notes are very little and not many remember their story, but I hope someday to find answers of these two dragons." Said Argyle to Sunny.

Sunny was in awe from what her father told her, she knows the stories of the mane 6 and their adventures to spread friendship to everypony, but from what she hears, these two dragons are close to their level.

Her father saw the look in her eyes and decided to tell her something that his father told him."Sunny follow me to the top, there's something I want to tell you." With those words he started to trot up the stairs of the lighthouse, with Sunny right behind him.

Once they reach the top they sat in silence for a minute or two, staring at the stars. The silence was broken by Agryle's voice, catching Sunny's attention. "Sunny, let me tell you something that has been passed down in our family." Both look to the stars."Look to the stars, our ancestors and those who have passed watch over us from those stars."

"Really?" Asked Sunny.

"Yes, so whenever you feel alone, or all hope seem lost, just remember that our ancestors will be their to guide you... And someday so will I" Agryle finished.

"But, I don't see them dad."

"Just keep looking Sunny, Keep looking."


(Present day, After the magics return, Maretime Bay)

After magic returned the tribes all went to their own homes to start practicing on their new powers, a few decided to stay in Maretime bay, those including the 3 new friends that Sunny has made in her journey to bring back magic, her first Unicorn friend Izzy Moonbow, a unicorn with a love for making friends and crafts, the two royal pegasis sisters Pipp Petals and Zipp Storm, Pipp Petals is the youngest of the siblings she is a talented pop star who loves to sing and perform for her friends who she calls Pippsqueaks, she took a bit of convincing at the start to help bring back magic but over the journey she has grown to care for the others, Princess Zephyrina Storm, or 'Zipp storm' as she prefers, is the oldest of the royal siblings and is the one who will take the throne after her mother, though she prefers to do her own thing, like practice her flight when she couldn't fly, thus making her the most experience flyer in Equestria, she is not one for lying or others to lie.

The three decided to stay in Maretime Bay for a while till Sunnys home is rebuilt so they can move in, but also because they didn't wan't to leave their two Earth pony friends or each other.

Oh how Sunny wished her father was here to see their dream come to life, she knows he is proud of her in the stars, she can only hope that she and her new friends can help the tribes unite and to start welcoming each other like in Ancient Equestria.

Now the newly formed friends are laying on a hilltop near Maretime bay looking over the small town as the night kicks in, this is when the stars started to appear many of which have left the group in awe of how many are flying in the skies almost as if the those in the heavens are making a show for those who are watching.

It was moments like these that Sunny loves, and she is happy to share this moment with her new friends, she just knew that whatever comes next in their journey together they will do it together.


But what she and her friends don't know is that far away ,near Zephyr Heights, in a cave a crystal is waiting, untouched by time and the outside world, but cracks are starting to form, and when it finally breaks, Equestria will be getting a new friend, one that was sealed for their own safety.

And once the crystal breaks this newcomer will have to help Sunny and her friends combat the coming Darkness, and to face the Darkness that is in itself.

Author's Note:

Welcome readers to my first story on this site, now for some background, yes this is a crossover, but what I did was take some Insapration from Dawn of a new age, go check it out, that Spyro and Cynder were there for the rest of the series events from when Ember becomes Dragon lord.

More will be revealed later and hope you there for the ride, wish me luck and hope you enjoy.

Update: (6/25/2023) I decided to change the present to a few days after the magic returns as to have a better control of the story saying this the story will continue I'm just having trouble coming up with the next chapter. Anyways have a great day and catch you on the flip side.