• Published 5th Nov 2022
  • 589 Views, 38 Comments

Possessions of a Third Kind - Shroomkin



What happens when the Warden of Time loses in a bet? He goes and possesses a unicorn, of course!

  • ...
0
 38
 589

Spa Day

It was that time again. A time where crystals are needed for spectacular fashion! Not that there is a specific day for crystals to be in a dress or a coat, mind you. No, today was the day that Rarity gets herself more gems, and by her side was Spikey-Wikey. Together, they shall make haste to the Crystal Mines, in search of rubies, maybe even the exotic garnets, or even some magnificent diamonds!

However, upon entering the caverns, they met another pony digging up some gems. It was Twilight, much to Spike's chagrin. After all, this was supposed to be his alone time with Rarity. "Good heavens Twilight, why are you in the Crystal Mines?" Rarity asked as she fixed her helmet. She gasped afterwards when she saw that Twilight was not wearing any gear to protect herself from danger. "Twilight? Are you aware that you are underneath a cavern, where rocks can fall any second?" She asked, fuming at the lack of safety her friend has. "Oh, hi Rarity!" Twilight said, waving at her friend. "I'm just searching for something to test my theory, to see if it works," she then glanced at her reflection in one of the crystals and summoned forth a helmet, or more specifically, a dwarvish mountain helmet, one that made Rarity both impressed and dizzy by its appearance. It has two horns on the side, with both edges flat for holding the candles. "Thanks for reminding me, Rarity," Twilight said as she smiled, casting a flame to the candles. Rarity and Spike simply sighed.

Rarity's interests were piqued, however, as she noticed Twilight looking around the cavern. "She said she was looking for something, but what?" Rarity pondered as she, too, was also picking up some gems for her new clothing line and for her previous ones. Spike, of course, was too distracted to even notice Twilight rummaging around the cavern. That was, until, he heard a loud "AHA!" from Twilight.

"Found it!" Twilight said, holding what appears to be a diamond. Rarity was about to comment about the pure and rich aspect of the diamond, only for Twilight to rub her cheeks on the diamond and chomp on it. A loud clang can be heard, with Twilight slowly rubbing her cheeks with her hoof. "Ow", Twilight said.

"Whatever did you do that for? You could have hurt yourself," Rarity scolded as she rushed to her friend's side, using her magic to pry open Twilight's mouth while looking for damages on her friend's teeth. "Whatever has gotten into you, darling?" Rarity asked genuinely, worried about her friend's antics. "Yeah, what gives Twi? Are you trying to be a dragon?" Spike interjected as he continued picking up the gems Rarity dropped. "Owwie," Twilight simply muttered. "I was trying to... nevermind, Spike is right, maybe ponies aren't fit to bite through gems..." Twilight sulked as Rarity did a double take. "That was what Twilight was doing?" Rarity thought. "So... you tried to bite through the diamond because you wanted to test 'biting through a gem'?"

"That and I was hungry... It has been a while since I ate some..." Twilight thought to herself.

In hindsight, that was probably the stupidest excuse Twilight could give, so she had to think about another thing. "That and I wanted to see if one can use diamonds as a pickaxe." Rarity was not having it. "Right, I believe we gathered enough gems, Spikey-Wikey. Let us all go to the spa and relax. I'm sure you're really tired, darling."

Twilight simply nodded and followed as she gave Spike her diamond. Spike gratefully ate both of the gems he was given. "Still though, Twilight, whatever had made you try and bite that?" Twilight, who was walking beside Rarity, simply sighed... "Well, it's a long story but I managed to... craft an iron pickaxe... and when I saw the diamond, I initially thought it was a lapis lazuli." Twilight then grinned, "Turns out it was a real diamond, and then shenanigans began." Rarity was shocked to say the least. Spike, however, was just busy eating his gems to even bother interjecting.

"Wait, you made an iron pickaxe?" Twilight then nodded. "Where did you make one? Wait, you said you wanted to make a pickaxe out of diamonds too!" Twilight, once again, nodded. "I kind of asked Iron Hammer to lend me his anvil, and I made myself a pickaxe," Twilight paused as she was looking at the sky. "I then thought about what would happen if I made a pickaxe from the toughest gems on Equestria."

In reality though, she just wanted to eat the diamonds.


The spa is... surprisingly relaxing. Ouros never really enjoyed going into spas back at the Neversphere as it was always crowded, filled to the brim with those he did not want to associate with at the moment. He'd much rather rest at the nearby hot springs, where he can actually collect his thoughts and regulate his temperature. So it was such a surprise when he agreed to Rarity's demands. Spike was there too, though what should he talk to him about? He cannot simply explain the situation, nor should he attempt to explain the theoretical aspects of specific spells. Sometimes he just wishes he could be in another body so he could talk to Twilight. Still, though, at least he can talk with Pinkie more openly now.

"So uhh, you go here often?" He asked Spike, trying to get a conversation started. "Huh, did you say something, Twilight?" Spike asked innocently as he dropped his comic book. "Oh, nothing Spike, don't worry about it."

Rarity went ahead as she talked with the spa receptionists. Ouros found it funny to hear their names being Aloe and Lotus, truly befitting for a spa. "This ponies... really do have weird naming patterns," he said as he silently watched Rarity talk to the receptionists. He was baffled on how she could talk for... 14 minutes straight. It approximately took a minute to make the request, and yet Rarity managed to add the discussion of the weather, the increased damage to her hooves due to the lanky roads and how she needs to get it done via her usual hooficure sessions, and the new split ends that happened to her mane due to the stress of her work. "Hmph," he simply muttered as he drank some coffee provided by one of the receptionists. "Still though, this coffee is great."


"And you wouldn't believe how some customers wanted their orders! Hmph, the nerve of some ponies!" Rarity said as she sat at the sauna with Twilight. Twilight, on the other hoof, simply nodded as she relaxed. Spike huddled closer to Rarity, how cute of him. A few minutes go by and the sauna session was done. Twilight now found herself relaxing as the spa attendants began their facial treatments.

This was her least favorite session as she questioned a few things. "Why do they need to place cucumbers on their eyelids? Where's Oneiroi when you need her?" She thought to herself, not wanting to offend the others. Spike simply slept through the facial treatment. Rarity then continued her rant, only this time, she was talking about her hooves being damaged due to some of the poorly maintained roads in Ponyville. "So there I was, walking towards the Town Hall when I almost tripped due to a rock poking out. Do you have any idea how that feels? My poor, poor hoof, almost cracking due to that wretched stone on the ground. I swear, I really have to talk to Mayor Mare for this blasphemy! This is an outrage, I tell you. An outrage!"

Twilight simply nodded once again, making sure to make noises in order for Rarity to hear a response. Still, this piqued her interest. "I wonder if I can fix some of those," Twilight said. "Oh, pshh, darling! No need for you to destroy your own hooves too!" After the facial treatment was done, the spa attendants were fixing their seats in order for them to do a proper hooficure. This is a new experience for Ouros, since he had permitted no one to touch him when he rests in the hot springs. "Hey, Rarity, mind if I ask you something?" Rarity simply nodded as she spoke. "Of course darling, what is it that you wish to ask?" Twilight then placed a hoof on her chin as she thought about what she wanted to say. "Have you tried to go to a hot spring and would the others enjoy it too?" Rarity thought long and hard about that question. "Well, I suppose a hot spring would be nice, and I am sure that the others would love the feeling too, Spike especially," she said as she looked at the peacefully sleeping dragon. She chuckled a bit and looked at Twilight. "Why do you ask?"

"Oh, well, I just wanted to bring us all to a hot spring next time, though I am still looking for one here in Equestria."

Rarity was pleased with this answer as she let out a relaxed sigh. "I'll take your word for it, darling," She said as the spa attendants gently massaged her hoof.


So far, it was a relaxing afternoon. Twilight simply picked Spike up with her magic and placed him on her back. She waved goodbye to Rarity as they both went in their separate ways. In all honesty, Twilight was tired, and she wanted to rest as well. But before she could, however, she decided to write down a note, in hopes that the real Twilight could comprehend such actions.

As soon as the real Twilight woke up, it was 5:36 in the afternoon. Spike was also sleeping on his bed. She got up and walked towards the door, slowly opening it as to not wake up her sleeping assistant. As she walked down the steps and went to the kitchen, she noticed a few notes on her table, ones she doesn't remember writing. She wanted to scream at Spike for not setting the table, only stopping herself when she remembered that he was sleeping soundly. She picked one up and decided to read it. Unsurprisingly, it was a note written by herself indicating what happened during the day with Rarity, for herself!

It read as follows:


Dear future Twilight Sparkle, aka myself,

Seeing that I tend to forget more things, and that I throw away notes that do not make any sense to me whatsoever, I decided that I shall make my notes like a friendship report. I have woken up at exactly 6:37 a.m., alongside Spike. He prepared us breakfast consisting of eggs and toast. Spike was a bit hyper due to the fact that Rarity was coming. Of course, he can't wait to see her. Rarity picked him up at exactly 8:24 a.m., and went back to Carousel Boutique. What time they got there, I do not know, but normal calculations en route would define that they reached their destination at approximately 8:39 a.m., should they walk towards their destination. At the same time, I decided to ask Iron Hammer for his anvil, to which I crafted an Iron Pickaxe. I pondered about the implications of having a more durable pickaxe by substituting iron for diamonds, the toughest crystal yet (we know that there are probably newer crystals tougher, but these aren't discovered yet).

I went down to the Crystal mines at exactly 8:59 a.m., and found a few crystal shards consisting of rubies, emeralds, and garnets. As there was no clock, I was not able to determine how many hours I have spent searching for diamonds. At least I didn't mine at night. Rarity came by with Spike as she ran out of crystals, and as such, met me near the new route. I forgot my safety gear and decided to conjure up a helmet. We then went to the spa (by Rarity's decision) and enjoyed our time there in peaceful bliss. We first ate lunch at 11:29 a.m., before going to the Ponyville Day Spa. We left at exactly 2:27 p.m., after having a wonderful time. If I am reading this, then it must mean that I am awake. Do not throw this one out.

Sincerely, Twilight Sparkle

P.S. Apologies for any mistake, I am far too tired to double check and or triple check the grammar and or spelling mistakes.


Twilight simply sighed as the new revelation dawned on her. Perhaps she was "healing" and has now come into her own senses. Still, her past self really did so much for her, since now she knows what happened. Her stomach then growled, causing Twilight to blush. "Okay, maybe I am still a bit peckish," Twilight said as she placed the paper down. "I just hope this doesn't go on, this memory loss thing."

She slumped down to the ground, hoping, praying to Princess Celestia that she did not have some sort of dementia. She has so much to do with her life, so many memories to make. The thought of forgetting those memories are eating her at her very core.

"Hopefully," she muttered. Oh how she was wrong on so many levels...