• Published 5th Nov 2022
  • 589 Views, 38 Comments

Possessions of a Third Kind - Shroomkin



What happens when the Warden of Time loses in a bet? He goes and possesses a unicorn, of course!

  • ...
0
 38
 589

Stupid Bet

"Come on, it would be fun!" A feminine voice said, ecstatic about something. "If you beat me, I will, most definitely, give you a lot of Diamonds," she said, clearly wanting the other to participate.

"Diamonds? Please, I'm more into Emeralds, thank you very much!" The masculine voice said, quite annoyed with the challenger.

"Lies! You were literally eating Diamonds before," she said, pouting at the snake-like being. "Come on, Ouros! Please? I didn't spike the beer!" Ouros, the snake-like being, well, not exactly as he still had hands, turned around and glared at the woman behind him, annoying him to no end. He had grayish hair, some sort of suit that screamed "class", an emblem of the symbol of "infinity" at his left pocket, and a really long and scaly tail. "Look, Oneiroi, I do not want to drink with you, nor will I be tempted to even try," Ouros said, as he looked upon Oneiroi with disdain. Oneiroi, in contrast with the scary snake being, was beautiful and elegant to some extent. She had really long hair, even reaching the back of her knees, ever flowing with the midnight stars. She was wearing a silk dress, with a moon emblem located at the chest. She was floating unlike Ouros, who was walking in the Neversphere, an ability that Ouros was jealous of.

Oneiroi pouted, crossed her arms and floated beside Ouros, thinking of some way to actually get the stoic snake to drink with her. "If it helps, these are fresh from that N'hir Vhanna place or whatever the name was," she tilted her head, looked back and forth, and whispered, "Seriously, that name kinda sucks." She slumped back, awaiting a response. Ouros then stopped walking as he looked upon Oneiroi. "The one in constant war because of some warlord, with said warlord being trapped in another dimension filled with equines?" Ouros said, cautious. That place did reek of malice, or at least, that iteration. "Yeah!" Oneiroi exclaimed, "That one!"

Ouros pondered, silent as the place around him. He then gazed upon Oneiroi. "Primes be damned, let's go!" He exclaimed, surprising Oneiroi. Had she known that merely stating that the beer came from N'hir Vhanna would work, she wouldn't have bothered Ouros for literally 4 hours.

The day turned into night, or at least, a version of what night is in the Neversphere, and Ouros, along with Oneiroi, drank and drank their sweet yet powerful N'hir Vhannian beer. Ouros laughed all the way while Oneiroi was tipsy. It was then that she had a bright, and probably the best, idea she has ever had. "Hey, Ouros, want to have a bet?" She said, almost falling from her floating position. Ouros, still drunk, laughed at her face. "YOu ChalLenGe Me? WhAt A CuTE OffEr," he said, slurring some bits and pieces of the sentence. Oneiroi giggled at this, petting his hair. "Okay, okay, here's the bet, hehe," Oneiroi said, taking a swig from her barrel before continuing. "If you," she snickers, "if you can beat me in uhh," she said as she looked around, and even at her almost empty barrel. "Aha! If you can beat me in a drinking contest, then I will," she stuttered and paused, thinking of a reward for the mighty Ouros. She then blushed, almost looking away from him. "I will... marry you... or something"

Ouros pondered, snickered, then pointed at Oneiroi. "HA! As IF I wIlL MarRy SomEOnE LikE YoU! I'D raTheR MarRy a CacTus!" Exclaimed Ourus, boastful that he would win. "BuT SinCE yoU WanTEd A BeT," he paused, taking a swig at his own barrel, "I wiLL CoMPly. If I LoSE, I wiLl PurPosEfUlLY gO to ThAT EquInE PlacE." He tossed his own barrel, grabbed another, and drank the contents within before he continued. "AnD If I WiN, YOu WIlL gO anD MaRrY a CacTUs! HAH! I SwEAr on tHE KeEpeR of OaThS"

Dismayed by this idiotic snake, Oneiroi accepted. What Ouros didn't know though is that she was planning something to win. Not because of fear that she could end up with a cactus or whatever she might say as a consequence, no no. This became personal. It became personal the moment the stupid snake decided that he was better off with a cactus than with her. The nerve of this snake.

And so the challenge began. With how drunk Ouros already is, it was more of a breeze for Oneiroi to win. After all, she was the Keeper of Dreams, being intoxicated is one thing that she can handle better than the others. Something Ouros was aware of, had he been sober. And so they drank and drank. Barrel after barrel, consumed every minute. To Oneiroi's surprise, however, Ouros was keeping up with her despite already being under the influence. It was only after the 900th barrel that Ouros finally collapsed, with a lanky smile upon his muzzle. One more sip and she would have lost, thank the Primes for that. By some mere coincidence, or by sheer misfortune, however, the very same being known as the Keeper of Oaths came by and checked upon them. And of course, as the title suggested, he made sure that he transported Ouros to the wonderful world of Equestria (free of charge). Of course, he got help from the Guardian of Space for transportation to even be possible.


Waking up after such drinks of such scale, it would be impossible, even for a Prime, to not even suffer hangovers. "Fuckin' hell, how much have I been drinking?" Ouros looked around, only to see an empty void. "Well... shit." The searing pain of his skull sent shivers upon his entire existence. "Where in the Underworld am I?" Slowly, a bright light engulfed the left side of his body. To his surprise, he converted back to his serpent-self. "Well, at least I know I am still me," he chuckled before he got up and slithered towards the bright light. It looked like circular windows. What's worse than one circular window? Two circular windows, and probably some termites, the fuckers... However, he noticed that outside the windows were some tree like branches. "Huh, perhaps I am in a forest," he said. Almost by instinct, the windows closed, and then reopened. "What?" he asked, confused at the windows. It was then that he can hear some chirps outside the windows. He looked around the void, looking for another pair of windows. Surely this weird void-house-unit thing has other windows.

Suddenly, the scenery moved, as if by command. There were birds outside, a few shrubbery, and... windows? "Ok, I've seen different temple designs, but this has got to be the weirdest," he said, unamused at the sight. "Who puts two windows together in the same room?" That's when he noticed. "Wait, the room moved." He then slithered to the left, a few words escaping his mouth, "I wonder." And sure enough, the scenery changed, now it was pointing to a door, well, the frame of a door. "Oh... I'm inside of a person," he said, calmly.

He inhaled, exhaled, look left and right, and sighed. "Not the first time, but holy shit, the last time was really really long ago." Seeing that he is inside of a person, and given he has the experience, he proceeded to focus all his energy to try and maintain control. "Whoever you are, wherever you are, apologies, but I'll take over for now," he said as the void glowed with a bluish-white hue. He was now in control.

"Alright, let's see..." The body began to rise, stretching a few times before getting out of bed. The person then fell flat on their face the moment he tried to walk upright. "Weird, is this body limp or something?" He tried again, and again, and again. For 28 times, he had tried. For 28 times, he fell. This body can't take much more of this abuse, so he decided to at least try and crawl. However, the moment he tried to walk on four legs, it felt... natural.

"Strange..." It was all he could muster from the experience. He decided to walk forwards, backwards, and spin a little. "Locomotion seems to be more natural while walking on all fours... Perhaps this body is more of a quadruped in nature." He then gulped. "Shit, please don't be a canine, please don't be a damned dog!" Annoyed, he tried to find the nearest mirror. Not knowing if this body can use magic, or even handle magic, he decided to dart towards a cabinet. "Aha, a mirror, now to see what I look-" he gasped. That's all that he can do. Not only did he transform into a quadruped, but he also transformed into a unicorn. A. GOD. DAMNED. UNICORN. One of the things Oneiroi sees within the dreams of little children. No wait...

He screamed, a scream to awake the dead. An ear piercing scream that could have awoken the slumbering Fafnir out of his cave. And then, a sudden realization took place.

"Oh no... Please don't be THAT iteration..."

He quickly opened the cabinets, looking for a piece of parchment. Should he find that specific parchment containing the questions for a certain warlord, then all hope is gone for this unicorn. All he can do while trapped in this body is to go and warn the princesses, or lords, or whatever this iteration has for rulers. As he plundered this poor mare's items for that piece of paper, a panicked voice can be heard, prompting him to temporarily stop his search. It was a pudgy baby drake by the door, with an apron on and a spatula for a weapon.

"Twilight! Are you okay?? What happened?!" he said, trembling as he approached the unicorn. Without breaking a sweat, he grabbed unto the baby dragon and shook him. He had to know. "Have we encountered a lost tomb in a forest? Have we?! Did a certain filly fall upon a sinkhole?! Answer quickly!" Ouros said, shaking the poor drake.

"No-o-oo we haven't! Sto-oo-op!" He said, almost turning green as he became sick from the shaking.

Satisfied, Ouros let go of the poor drake. "Oh okay, thank you," he said, smiling, and then fainting, or well, the body was. The only thing he can hear was the baby drake, yelling out "Twilight" as the voices faded.

"Good. At least we aren't in that dimension. Though, I could've handled that situation better..." Admitted Ouros.

Author's Note:

I am back, but not really haha! :rainbowwild: