• Published 18th Sep 2022
  • 1,079 Views, 15 Comments

My Little One Shots - NovaAce75



A series of One Shots specifically for the G5 cast of characters!

  • ...
1
 15
 1,079

Reversing the Roles

Author's Note:

A note for before we begin. This fic was directly inspired by Episode 15 of Tell Your Tale, so I would reccomend watching that before reading this! I just would have liked to see the roles reversed, and while I did enjoy the bonding between Zipp and Pipp man this episode had so much missed potential hah. But that's just me anyways.

Hitch hummed softly to himself, trotting up to Mane Melody with Sunny in tow. Pipp had called them both over to try out a new facial mask she had cooked up and to say they were intrigued would be an understatement. She mentioned in the text that she even managed to get Zipp to try on a mask, so it must’ve been a hard sell! Hitch smiled as they made it up to the store’s entrance. “And here I thought Mane Melody was closed today, I guess Pipp just comes here in her free time sometimes.” Hitch smirked, opening up the door.

“Hah! Yeah that sounds like the case. Though now I’m pretty excited to try out this new face maaaa…ssssk…” Sunny’s voice trailed off as she slowly entered the store. Her pupils shrunk as they darted around the store.

Hitch paused, looking to Sunny curiously, “huh..? What’s up?” Hitch asked, walking into the store right after her before he copied her reaction, stopping right next to Sunny as he stared into the store. The place was an absolute mess! There was an assortment of shampoo bottles almost everywhere, suds covered the ground, glitter and makeup scattered across the room! It was as if some wild beast came through and tore everything apart. “What on Equestria…” Hitch’s mouth was left gaping.

Sunny looked around nervously before hearing what sounded like whimpering coming from the back. “Wait…” Sunny trotted forward, looking around nervously as she did. It was almost as if she was reliving a horror movie, though it being the middle of the day did make things significantly less scary. Hitch was dreading the thought to even step closer into the building, but he followed behind Sunny. The whimpering only got louder as they approached the back of the building, nearing the employee’s only section. Sunny was getting more nervous as she made it to the back entrance door. The whimpering was just on the other side. “Hnnnnnngh…” Sunny was too terrified to open the door, shaking in her hooves at the thought of what could be on the other side! Sunny looked back at Hitch with pleading eyes, not wanting to open the door herself. Sunny did HORRIBLY in scary situations, there hasn’t been a single horror movie she’s watched where she didn’t cower in fear the entire time.

Hitch grumbled softly, realizing that Sunny wasn’t going to, he walked up to the door himself and placed a hoof on the knob. He gulped before slowly opening the door. He bit his lip before throwing the door open fully, relieving the tension as the sound of the whimpering was shown front and center.

Izzy was laying down in the fetal position, rocking back and forth with shrunken eyes. She looked horrified, though at what? Izzy jumped up a bit the moment she heard the door open, causing her to whip her head in the direction of Sunny and Hitch. “Wh- SUNNY! HITCH!” Izzy quickly got up before charging at them. Hitch quickly dodged out of the way, not wanting to get impaled by Izzy’s horn anytime soon. Sunny gasped, not quick enough to jump out of the way of Izzy’s charge and in turn getting tackled down to the ground. Izzy cried, hugging Sunny tight. “OH THANK GOODNESS YOU’RE HERE!” She cried, nuzzling her head into Sunny’s own.

Sunny was utterly baffled, but at least the Unicorn hugging her made her feel much safer in turn. She gave Izzy a confused smile, “uhm, w-why’s that Izzy?” Sunny asked, a bit concerned as she pried Izzy’s face from her face for a moment so she could speak.

Izzy sniffed a few times as tears ran down her face, “please! You gotta help me! Those two are a nightmare!” Izzy cried out, pointing her hoof back towards the backrooms. Sunny gulped, eyes shrinking once again as she heard Izzy’s desperate plea for help. Once again, she was frozen in fear, which didn’t help anyone.

Hitch looked at the frantic Unicorn, then the frazzled Earth Pony before groaning. He had the feeling he wasn’t going to like what was past there but he was really the only one who was going back to check anyways. Hitch sighed, rolling his eyes before trotting into the room Izzy was in. Of course he played it cool but Hitch was scared himself. If it was scary enough to make Izzy that way it must be horrid! Hitch looked around, and aside from the general mess and clutter, the room was seemingly safe, but there was a storage closet with a chair in front of the door to keep it stuck closed. Hitch shivered at the sight before hearing banging coming from the other side of the door. A chill ran down the sheriff’s spine as he slowly approached. “O-Ok Hitch, no need to panic. I’m sure… there’s a perfectly reasonable thing behind the door making the noise… Yeah… Izzy’s just overreacting is all!” Hitch attempted to reassure himself before the banging against the door got even louder. Hitch was resisting the urge not to just high tail it out and run for his life! Even still, he got closer and closer to the door, slowly putting a hoof on the chair to pull it away.

Izzy quickly stood up, shaking Sunny, “Sunny! We’ve got to go! Hitch will just have to be our sacrifice so we can make it out safely!” Izzy shouted at the Earth Pony, causing Sunny to gasp in shock.

“WHAT?! What’re you talking about sacrifice?! What the heck is back there, Izzy?!”

“The most horrible little creatures I’ve ever had the misfortune of encountering! We need to save ourselves, Sunny, before it’s too late! I barely managed to escape with my life by locking them in the closet!” Izzy cried, shaking Sunny even more.

Sunny, now at this point, was trying to avoid losing her lunch before stopping Izzy. “What’s THEM?!” She asked, now as panicked as Izzy was, and she didn’t even know what had gotten the Unicorn so scared in the first place!

Hitch gulped, getting the chair out of the way and reaching for the doorknob. Every possible instinct of his was telling him not to open the door. The banging only got louder and louder. Hitch was sweating bullets before he finally bit the bullet and grabbed the knob, yanking the door open. He held his eyes closed for a moment, fearing for the worst. However, after a few seconds, nothing happened. Hitch slowly opened his eyes again and looked forward. There was nothing. “Huh…” He frowned, tilting his head before looking down slightly, that’s when he saw it. Hitch’s eyes dilated as he spotted two fillies standing in the closet. IT WAS ZIPP AND PIPP!
Pipp looked like she was on the verge of tears, ready to let loose waterworks, whereas Zipp was covering Pipp in a protective manner, looking scared herself. Hitch was at a loss for words, but he didn’t move in on them. If working with critters has taught him anything, don’t ever approach a scared animal, be it a critter, a pony, or any creature really, a scared animal has nothing to lose. Hitch took a step back, keeping his eyes on the two for a moment before slowly sitting down, doing his best to appear as non-threatening as possible to his two supposed friends. “H-Hey girls…”

Zipp lowered her guard around the sheriff, meanwhile Pipp finally let the waterworks loose as she began crying. She broke free from her sister’s grasp as she ran towards Hitch. Hitch flinched, watching her run up, which warranted Zipp to run over as well. Pipp was quick to jump into the sheriff’s hooves, crying up a storm against him as Zipp nervously stood a foot away from Hitch, even as her sister hugged him as if her life depended on it.

“What on…” Hitch was beyond confused before staring down at Pipp, then back over to the closet. There was no light on in the closet, “ohh… You’re afraid of the dark..?” He asked the filly. Of course he didn’t really get a response, only Pipp continuing to cry him a river. “Oh jeez, Izzy, what were you thinking?!” Hitch sighed before slowly pulling himself up, keeping a hoof up in order to support Pipp against his chest. He looked over to Zipp, seeing the Pegasus’ feathers begin ruffling up as he picked up Pipp. Zipp was clearly attempting to be the older filly in this case, willing to fight the full grown stallion if she had to. “H-Hey it’s ok Zipp! I promise, no more dark closets, hehe…” Zipp frowned, slowly calming down before approaching the Sheriff. She got closer and closer, easing into things a bit before finally nudging against his leg, looking up longingly. Hitch sighed happily, he assumed getting the trust of Zipp was going to be much harder than it actually was. Hitch nodded, slowly moving to walk out of the backroom and towards the public area. “Let’s find out how to get you two back to normal… and preferably fast.”

Hitch walked out of the backroom with the two fillies. Pipp was beginning to calm down, crying a lot less as she hugged the stallion’s big fluffy chest for comfort, whereas Zipp carefully looked around from the safety behind Hitch. “Hey Izzy, do you maybe want to explain why our friends are fillies now..?” Hitch asked before flinching as he looked around. Izzy and Sunny were nowhere to be seen. That is until Sunny poked her head out from behind an overturned couch.

“Wait what?!” Sunny asked in shock, jumping over the couch, where Izzy poked her head out from as well, staring daggers at the two fillies. Sunny quickly ran over and looked at the two in shock, however Zipp jumped backwards in response to Sunny getting so close. “Oh… Oh wow… So these are the troublemakers who thrashed Mane Melody…” Sunny sighed, turning back to Izzy. “I thought they’d be dragons or pegabulls, or unicorn rats. I didn’t expect… well… two fillies to do all this damage…” Pipp slowly pulled her head out from Hitch’s chest, staring over at Sunny cautiously.

“Well, I found them in the back closet, Pipp I found out doesn’t really like the dark all too much.” Hitch sighed, sitting back down and now using another hoof to help support Pipp. Zipp used the opportunity while Hitch was sitting down to hide behind his back, staring daggers back at Izzy.
“They did cause all that trouble! Do you know how much work it took for me to get them both in the closet?! Now you’ve let them out, they're gonna cause more havoc!” Izzy shouted from her place behind the couch. Sunny and Hitch sighed.


“Ok… How about we focus on this mess… after we find a way to get our friends back to regular mares..?” Sunny groaned, looking at Pipp and Zipp anxiously. Izzy meanwhile kept behind the couch, she knew what those little monsters were capable of after all, they were nothing like Sparky, that’s for sure.

Hitch looked over to Izzy, “Izzy, can you tell us exactly what happened before we got over here..?” Hitch asked the Unicorn, not bothering to stand up as the two pegasi fillies were behaving around him. Zipp kept behind Hitch while Pipp finally calmed down to a point where she wasn’t crying into Hitch anymore.

Izzy sighed, “oooookay. So… I was with Pipp and Zipp when she sent out the texts to you guys. P-Pipp had just put the face mask on Zipp and offered to put it on me. I told her I wanted to wash my mane first, so she put the face mask on herself instead. Pipp told me to go into the back to grab a bottle of shampoo, so I did and the minute I got back they were both fillies!”

Sunny and Hitch looked on in disbelief. How could this happen? It seemed impossible. Sunny began pondering the issue. Could it have been a spell cast from a unicorn? Well surely Izzy wouldn’t do this, she was horrified by them. Wouldn’t it also be a huge task to do so as well? She imagined it couldn’t be a very easy spell anyhow.

“Alright, so it must have been something they did that you didn’t… Wait they put on face masks and you didn’t?” Hitch had already hit the nail on the coffin. Sunny’s eyes beamed before she began looking around, quickly spotting and finding an open jar, with the presumable face mask inside.

“Uhm… why is it glowing..?” Sunny peaked into the contents of the face mask before grabbing it in her hoof. It looked… like glitter? It looked so familiar to her but why..?”

Izzy bounded over, looking at the face mask. “Ooh, it’s really pretty! The glitter is pink too, just like when you use your alicorn powers to blow things up!” Izzy declared nonchalantly.

“I-I don’t b-blow things up!” Sunny spoke defensively before it clicked. “Wait… it IS my glitter!” Sunny gasped in realization before flinching as she quickly wiped her hoof off, not wanting any adverse effects herself as she cleaned the glitter off of herself.

“So… Pipp used Sunny’s magic glitter… for her face mask?” Hitch asked for clarification. He looked down at the filly in his hooves, who was bordering on falling asleep.

“Well… that’s what it looks like… So we know how they got turned to fillies but… how do we change them back..?” Sunny asked, putting the jar down as she looked over to Pipp and Zipp. “Do you think I could change them back using my magic..?”

“What? No way!” Hitch spoke out defensively before sighing, “sorry, no offense Sunny but your magic is still really touchy! I wouldn’t trust myself around you sometimes, trusting you to use them on fillies is a bit much.” Hitch sighed, rubbing his head.

Sunny frowned, looking down, “yeah yeah I get it…” Izzy walked up, gently nudging Sunny before looking back to the two Princesses.

“Well… Maybe I could give it a shot?” Izzy chimed in. “I mean I DO know a little bit more magic.” Izzy added, looking at Hitch.

“Uhm… well…” He looked to Pipp, who had at this point, fallen asleep. Zipp was still very weary, hiding behind and continuing to glare daggers at Izzy for her little stunt earlier. Hitch rolled his eyes, “anything is worth a shot. Cute as they may be, I don't think any of us are qualified to take care of them. If they stay like this we might have to give them back to Queen Haven, and then we’ll lose them forever… or for 20 years, but at that point they probably won’t even remember us!” Hitch groaned, rubbing the bridge of his snout as he tried to calm himself down.

“Mommy..?” Zipp asked, hearing Hitch say Haven. Hitch paused before looking down anxiously at her. “Uhm y-yeah! Mommy. S-She’ll be here soon to pick you up.” Hitch responded anxiously. Zipp looked delighted, releasing the ease on the filly as she trotted around Hitch in circles. Hitch then turned to Izzy and Sunny with pleading eyes. “Nevermind, Sunny, you have my permission, as long as we get them back to how they used to be.”

Sunny gulped, Izzy stepping forward and looking to Zipp. “Uhm, might need to hold her still for a little Hitchieho. I don’t want to accidentally hit you while she’s running in circles…” Hitch nodded, before scooping up Zipp as she passed by his front, now both of his hooves were full, as both fillies rest in them, although Zipp seemed a bit upset about being picked up, pouting her cheeks a little.

“Alright… Let’s… phew, let’s hope this works.” Sunny sighed before holding her breath. She was able to get a fairly decent grasp on her magic at this point, enough to make her horns and wings appear when she needed them to. Soon enough her horn manifested on her head, which she aimed at the fillies. “Ok, don’t blow them up… Don’t blow them up…”

“PLEASE, don’t blow us up.” Hitch begged.

Izzy sighed before psyching herself up and aiming her horn at the fillies. Sunny and Izzy shared a look of hope, while Hitch held his breath, hoping for the best at this point. Sunny and Izzy began counting down.

“Three…” Izzy started.

“Two…” Sunny continued.

“One…” Izzy finished.

“FIRE!” Sunny shouted the last word before a magic beam was shot out from her horn. While Sunny’s horn landed against Zipp, Izzy’s horn landed against Pipp, encasing both fillies in a white light. Hitch had his eyes closed as he hoped for the best, he’d cross his hooves if he wasn’t holding two fillies in them. The white light surrounding them got brighter and brighter until the entire room was soon lit up. Anyone looking through the curtains on the outside would be met with quite the light show.

After a few seconds, the white light soon faded, and the ponies were able to open their eyes again. Sunny whimpered, almost too afraid to open her eyes, but Izzy did so for her. “Sunny, look!” She called for the Earth Pony, shaking her lightly. Sunny gasped, opening her eyes to see the results of their efforts.

Hitch was laying on the ground, with both Zipp and Pipp laying on top of him. They were back to being mares again! Zipp groaned, slowly pulling herself up and shaking her head. “Ugh… What happened to me… My head is spinning like crazy. Feels like I- I…” Zipp paused as she looked down, spotting Hitch looking up at her. Zipp flinched, feeling the Sheriff’s hoof held onto her flank and her cheeks flared up as she saw she was sitting down on him. “W-WHOA WHOA WHOA!” Zipp shouted, quickly jumping off of Hitch, her cheeks housing a rosy blush as she forced herself to look away from Hitch. “Please tell me I didn’t drink too many of Pipp’s Pineapple Potions…” Zipp asked sheepishly, just to be tackled to the ground by Sunny and Izzy immediately after.

“OH ZIPP! Thank goodness! You’re back! And not a filly!” Izzy cried, nuzzling into Zipp’s chest and hugging her tightly, almost a bit too tightly as Zipp had to force her off somewhat less she suffer not having air.

“H-Hah… What…” Zipp asked confused to no end as she looked confusedly between Izzy and Sunny.

Sunny nuzzled into Zipp similarly, “it’s a long story- well it’s not… but I’m too relieved to care right now!” Sunny sighed as she continued.

The constant affection didn’t exactly help Zipp’s blush either. “Wh, hey! G-Get off of me! H-Hitch, Pipp, help me out here! W-What happened?!” Zipp tried to ask, looking over to the two.

Hitch had fainted, his eyes turned to swirls as he lay on the ground. Either Zipp accidentally knocked him out, or the stress of the entire ordeal had finally taken its toll on him. Pipp on the other hand slept like a baby… or rather a filly, smiling as she laid on top of Hitch.