• Published 18th Sep 2022
  • 299 Views, 4 Comments

Paint - Sunnysunny77



A mare named Twilight Sparkle mysteriously commits suicide.

  • ...
 4
 299

1

Crickets chirped, and a amber glow coated the village of Ponyville in a comforting light. Clanking sounds and joyful chatter came from inside a bar, the only part of the village that seemed up and alive at such an hour. It was 2:00 in the morning, yet still active.

A light orange pony trotted across the blades of grass beneath her hooves, her gaze was kept steady as she treaded fastly, as if something was following her. The mare seemed in a hurry, her emerald green eyes of wonder shimmering in the moonlit village.

Just then, in the distance was a light blue pegasus. The Pegasus noticed the sound of distant trotting and looked in the direction the light orange mare was running in. The light orange mare then halted, and inhaled lightly; "A-- Alrighty.." She began, "Ah'm here.. what did.. what did yall wanna talk about?"

The Pegasus showed no emotion. And only stepped closer. "Go inside that bar with me, and you'll find out what I need from you." Her scrawny voice answered the southern ponys look of exhaustion. The light orange pony gulped from her tone, something told her this wouldn't end easy.

-

The two stepped inside the bar, and had a seat. Laughs from Mare employees and gentlecolts echoed from all sides of the place, making the light orange pony a little uneasy. They were basically inside a brothel, almost, what did the Pegasus need to discuss here?

The light blue Pegasus pulled out a cigar, and inhaled. She blew out a puff of smoke, making the light orange pony cough softly in the midst of the powder like material that was blowing onto her face. "So.. I came to talk to you about the recent news."

"The.. The recent news?" The light orange pony repeated, "Oh.. y-- yeah, Twi.. Twilight." She had only realized after a few seconds who she had been referring to. "Hmm.." Grumbled the light blue Pegasus, she then pulled out a paper as she took another smoke.

"If I'm correct, my stallions said they found her inside her room, across the shore where she had been staying, hanging from the ceiling. They managed to flow enough oxygen in her," She puffed, "but she didn't live long."

The light orange pony gulped, "A-huh.."

"But she did live long enough to confess that she had been trying to kill herself." The light blue Pegasus then looked at the paper she had been holding. "In this letter she had sent me from the Sunlight House, she had said quote; 'I feel comfortable, dear Chief, truly; I feel almost like I could spend the rest of my days here.'"

"Now-- how does a mare go from being perfectly content with living at a house perfectly crafted for her so she'd live a comfortable life, to suicidal in the span of 5 weeks?!" The blue Pegasus' tone was getting impatient, the light orange pony froze.

"Listen-- Rainbow-- Ah-- er, i mean, Chief.. simmer down, it ain't no use to freak out in a public space. If ya came here to do some questionin', your gonna have to start calmin' down first." The light orange pony interrupted.

"Dont order me, Applejack, I am the chief-- you are but a farmer!" Yelled Rainbow, making Applejack flinch at the intensity of her voice. "A-- Ah know that, Chief, I'm sorry-- but no answers are comin' if ya make a scene in a bar." Applejack replied.

Rainbow sighed, "Fine, I'm sorry."

Applejack continued, "Good, now.. ah.. ah don't know anythin' that woulda made Twilight suicidal-- she seemed like the most happy mare in Equestria, but.. I can tell ya everythin' I know that led up to her death."

Rainbow widened her eyes in curiosity, "Well, if it won't take too long, then spit it."

"Well.."

-

Ah think it all began on a day in April, that might have been the day where things started takin' a real toll on 'er. The mist inside the city that was comin' from the artifical oxygen poured in was makin' it hard to see, so me and Twilight decided to stay in.

Twilight was writin' a letter to my-- my dear friend, Rarity-- she had addressed her all fancy-like, it was almost kind of cute. I'll be honest, before she moved to the Sunlight House, the Moonlight Mansion was a real looker. A bunch of cool potions left and right-- and a real awesome friend too.

Ah was lookin' outside as she wrote it all away on her lil' paper. Ah saw you, you yellin' at your Stallions to go wherever you wanted them to be, ah think you might have been doin' a mission of some kind that day.

Ever since Celestia and Luna decided to split lands, it hasn't exactly been the same for anypony. Luna takin' over Equestria, Celestia takin' over all lands that were near Equestria-- well, now were called the Moonlight Lands, now that the moon is the only thing thats out when the clouds clear.

Ah looked back at Twilight, she was drummin' up a whirlwind of words on that paper, I tell ya, it was almost actually pretty impressive. I went over to that mare, and told 'er; "Ya gonna slow down, Twi? Not like Rarity ain't gonna receive your letters if ya don't write fast enough."

Twilight then shot back; "Well, you know how Delivery Mare Pinkie is, if I don't get it done fast-- she's going to get mad at me, and then I'll have to end up doing something ridiculous for her because that's what she always does."

And um.. ah think the moment I said this, this was the beginnin' of a sort of turnin' point for her. I told that mare; "The Sun-Moon Festivals comin' up pretty soon. For 9 days, it'll be like old times-- it'll be goin' in a normal day and night cycle like nothin' ever happened."

"Heh.. yeah. I don't know whatever happened between Luna and Princess Celestia. It was like suddenly, they just.. didn't like eachother at all anymore." The mare told me, she didn't see exactly focused on her paper anymore, heheh.

"Well, It always happens one way or another, sugarcube. We knew them splittin' up was the only way to prevent any bloodshed." Ah tried cheerin' her up. "Yeah, but.. is a society like ours really okay? Moonlight every hour, artificial oxygen, toxic and acid filled water.. is this really what we wanted?" She.. she answered.

Ah.. gee, now that ah think back on it.. she.. she was kinda right..

O-- Oh, sorry, Chief.. gettin' off track there, heh.. now.. where was i?