• Published 9th Sep 2022
  • 725 Views, 5 Comments

The Nutcracker, The Four Realms, and The Storm King - GoebelTron



On Christmas Eve, Sweetie Belle receives a nutcracker from her aunt. When night falls, the Storm King comes in the night, and shrinks her down. Now Sweetie Belle and the Nutcracker must defeat him.

  • ...
 5
 725

Chapter 2: First Encounter

As the room got darker later in the evening with the fire slowly but barely still going, the entire scene panned over towards the grandfather clock, which had a realistic owl made of wood and plastic wearing gold armor carved onto the top of it.

Just after the owl’s eyes became aglow with green light, the clock suddenly struck twelve. Midnight fell and the chime of the antique clock echoed hauntingly throughout the entire room.

As it chimed for the second time, light exploded from a small mouse hole near the base of the Christmas tree, until several beams of magic flittered throughout the entire room, and then around the tree, before the owl on the clock blinked its eyes.

The mouse hole started glowing blue as several masked mandrill soldiers flooded into the room. They all had hunched backs, grey skin, white hair, long tails, and black, mask-like faces showing off their beady blue eyes underneath, along with jet-black armor with a strange blue symbol on the belt and shoulder plates. They were all equipped with shields and spears. They began to destroy the ornaments on the Christmas tree, causing a riot in the living room.

While Sweetie Belle was still asleep, one of the magical beams engulfed the Nutcracker, causing him to come alive.

After his eye twinkled, he blinked his eyes and looked around for a moment before his eyes fell upon the invaders.

“Insolent scavengers!” he shouted, as he drew his sword with his free hand.

The Nutcracker then rushed to engage the armored creatures. The noise caused Sweetie Belle to wake up. She yawned softly then realized her nutcracker was missing.

“Oh no!” She whispered, looking for her nutcracker under her pillow and under the sofa. She suddenly spotted one of those invaders on the arm of the couch, mistaking it for a mouse or a rat, eating one of the gingerbread men Mr and Mrs Cake made for either eating or decorating.

“Get away from there, shoo, shoo!” she said, as the soldier was startled before he fell to the ground with a yelp dropping his weapons and the cookie.

Sweetie Belle suddenly heard fighting noises, as she turned to see the Nutcracker, who was severely outnumbered as he tries to fight off the armored mandrills.

The Nutcracker said struggling, “Back off, you… vile… creatures!”

Sweetie Belle began to see this and shook her head, “This is unbelievable! I must be dreaming!” She rubbed her eyes, and looked towards the mouse hole surprised.

Just then, two more soldiers arrive, before they stepped aside as another figure came forward, scanning the room. It was a towering rat with light azureish gray fur and phthalo bluish gray covering most of his hands and feet, and brilliant opal eyes, and he had sharp fangs and fingers, a large nose, and a long, pink tail. He also had black armor covering most of himself, and he wore a dark gray long-sleeved shirt underneath a black tailcoat with armored cuffs and a cowl around his neck and shoulders. He also wore jet-black knee-length pants, light gray calf-high socks and black colonial boots. He was packed with a black crown that held two large dark grayish brown marbled horns, and held a black ancient mystical styled scepter with a blue magical crystal held by a few dead branches made of a invulnerable dark oak wood. It was the Storm King.

He then noticed the nutcracker and growled angrily while walking over towards his most hated enemy, as the nutcracker looked back at the Storm King.

“You know, even as a nutcracker, Shining Armor, you’re a thorn in my side,” The Storm King said.

The nutcracker, now known as Shining Armor looked down at the Storm King from his perch and pointed his sword at him, “And a thorn to you I shall remain!”

Shining Armor kicked over a book onto the Storm King, then leaped down to meet him. The Storm King and his soldiers threw off the book as he readied his scepter, growling. The two began to fight, as Sweetie Belle, now in her lavender pink robe and pale pink slippers, watched them fight from behind the couch with their shadows on display during the struggle. Shining Armor kicked the Storm King into the wall, and then they continued their battle.

“Give it up, Storm King!” he said, before the Storm King disarmed the nutcracker, with his sword clattering to the ground at the feet of two Storm Creatures. The Storm King pointed his scepter in the face of the now vulnerable nutcracker, smiling maliciously.

“I think it’s time I turned you, into something more useful,” The Storm King swung his scepter over his head and back down, turning it into an double axe. “Like should we say… kindling!” he shouted venomously.

Just as the Storm King was about to strike the nutcracker, Sweetie Belle approached behind him carrying a large jar.

“Not in my house!” she said.

The Storm King turned around to face Sweetie Belle while Shining Armor stealthily backed away.

“Well, what have we here? A pretty little girl, being all brave and bold?” The Storm King mocked.

“This isn’t a fair fight, Storm King!” Shining Armor shouted. “Pick on someone your own size!”

“Fine, if that’s the way you want to play it,” The Storm King said, swinging his axe to turn it back into a scepter.

“Don’t you dare touch her, Storm King! Leave her alone! This is between you and me!” The Nutcracker said sternly, as he knew what was about to happen.

Ignoring the nutcracker’s heroically defensive tone, The Storm King smirked at Sweetie Belle, “Now let’s see… Oh, I know! Meddling human girl towering tall, let’s see if my scepter sinks you small!”

“Look out!” Shining Armor shouted.

The Storm King thrusted his scepter forward, shooting a light yellow light with black fog and white flaring and staticky flashes from it and striking Sweetie Belle. He chuckled evilly as Sweetie Belle was caught in his magic, revealing a sparkling light brilliant yellow aura with black streaks flaring repeatedly. She dropped the jar she was holding in surprise, causing it to shatter on the ground, before she glanced around and saw that the whole room was getting bigger. No! She was getting smaller! The shrinking and the magical glow then stopped when she was half the size of a mouse.

“This is not good,” Sweetie Belle said, as the Storm King began to approach her and she retreated nervously backwards, terrified of his towering size.

The Storm King sneeringly looked at her, “Not so fearless now, hmm?”

Suddenly, the Storm King was struck by one of Sweetie Belle’s toy wagons from her doll collection, sending him flying to the ground. Shining Armor hopped off the wagon and retrieved his sword to protect Sweetie Belle, who hid behind him nervously and anxiously. He then engaged the two Storm Creatures again who defended the King, but just disarmed them with one swift of his sword, knocking the spears out of their hands, as one hid his face behind his shield in fear.

The nutcracker looked to Sweetie Belle as he continued his fight, “Can you make it up to the mantle?!”

Sweetie Belle looked up at the mantle above the fireplace warily, before she spotted the horde of more Storm Creatures approaching, “I think so!”

“Then hurry! I’ll hold them off! Run!” Shining Armor said, as he engaged the enemy while Sweetie Belle rushed to the garland hanging around the fireplace and began to climb it escaping one of the soldiers in time before it could grab her.

She made it up a good way before noticing that the nutcracker was being overrun. He stuck his sword into the screen in front of the fireplace so that he could kick two approaching Storm Creatures away from him. He then jostled his blade to try and free it but it was somehow stuck.

“Looks like you’ve lost your touch, nutcracker! You’ve got nowhere to run!” The Storm King said, holding his scepter-turned-axe.

“Oh yeah? Well I’m just getting started,” Shining Armor said.

The nutcracker dodged an incoming swing from the Storm King’s axe and decided to abandon his sword, jumping over the Storm King and landing behind him, now disarmed and surrounded.

“You’re not going to get away from me this time. Unless of course, you’d rather like to feed the fire. It’s your choice,” The Storm King said.

Shining Armor leapt onto the fireplace screen and began to climb away from the villain with his one free arm. The Storm King snarled and swiped his axe at the nutcracker’s feet.

“Nutcracker!” Sweetie Belle said in horror, with her fingers on her lips.

The nutcracker escaped the axe’s swing and climbed higher and leaped from the fireplace screen and onto the garland on the opposite side of the fireplace from Sweetie Belle. He then carefully held himself up by a bauble hanging from the garland, struggling to get his feet under himself. As he struggled, the Storm King changed his scepter into a crossbow, as he fired a bolt, shattering the bauble that Shining was trying to hold onto. The Storm King looked to see if the nutcracker fell, only to realize he was now dangling from the garland with his one good arm. The Storm King lined up for another shot.

Thinking fast, Sweetie Belle removed one of her slippers.

“Hey! Up here!” Sweetie Belle shouted at the Storm King, as she threw it at the Storm King. It hit him square the forehead.

“Ow!” he shouted. “Whoa whoa!” This was enough to knock out the Storm King, causing him to lose his footing on the firewood and fall to the ground unconsciously, before his eyes began spinning as he started seeing stars. The soldiers all gasp, horrified that their leader was taken out so easily. Two of them scooped up the dizzy Storm King as one of them took his scepter carefully, until they all hastily retreated back into the mousehole from whence they came.

Just as they finished retreating, Sweetie Belle was amazed about what she had seen, “Wow…”

She then saw herself high above the fireplace mantle, before her eyes meet the nutcracker below, “Excuse me! Can you help me get down from here?!”

“Okay, you’re gonna have to jump! But don’t worry! When you’re ready, jump to me and I’ll catch you!” Shining Armor said.

Sweetie Belle then took some steps back before she counted to three, and then jumped off the mantle. Suddenly, the nutcracker jumped onto a pillow nearby, before he caught Sweetie Belle in her arms, “Gotcha!”

“Whew! That was close!” Sweetie Belle said in relief.

“Are you alright?” Shining Armor asked, as Sweetie Belle nodded in reply.

The nutcracker then put her down to sit on the pillow before he got off as he held Sweetie Belle’s slipper, which surprised her. “Allow me,” he said, before he gently slid it on her foot, and helped her to her feet.

“Thanks for saving me, by the way. That was really sweet of you,” Sweetie Belle said.

“You’re welcome, but I should be thanking you for saving my life,” he kindly replied, as he undid the ribbon sling binding his left arm. “And for your superior nursing skills.”

Sweetie Belle was somehow flustered, “Uh, you’re welcome!”

As Shining Armor went to another direction, Sweetie Belle couldn’t help but think he looked even handsomer at this size, “I can’t believe that you’re actually alive..” She then looked around the room, now towering above her. “But this has to be a dream…”

“I’m afraid it’s all too real,” Shining Armor said, as he freed his sword from the fireplace screen. “And now I’ve got to return home to my kingdom in Parthenia and help my people while I have the chance.”

“But before you go… who or what were those things that you protected me from?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“Those were Storm Creatures, and their leader’s called the Storm King,” Shining Armor replied. “He’s a very powerful deceitful tyrant.”

“So why was he here?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“No clue. Possibly to make a mess out of everything like he usually does,” Shining Armor replied. “But I’m not really sure how he found me here.”

“Is there a way to change me back? Remember? I used to be taller?” Sweetie Belle asked, mentioning her normal size by raising her arm upwards with her hand pointing forward.

“I’m afraid only the Sugar Plum Princess can reverse the Storm King’s spell,” Shining Armor said.

“The Sugar Plum Princess?” Sweetie Belle asked.

Shining Armor nodded, “Yes. You see, I’ve been trying to find and rescue her since the Storm King turned me into a nutcracker.”

Sweetie Belle was shocked about what he said, “...You mean you used to be?”

“Not a nutcracker,” Shining Armor replied.

“So what were you?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“I used to be Captain of the Royal Guard,” Shining Armor then frowned. “And I was going to be a prince, anyway, until the Storm King cursed me and took my true love, Cadance!”

“Cadance?”

“That’s the name of the Sugar Plum Princess,” he sighed, gazing off into space. “My princess.”

Suddenly, the owl swooped down from its perch on the grandfather clock, hooting as it flew. Sweetie Belle ran away as the nutcracker drew his sword defensively, eyeing the owl as it soared overhead.

“Perhaps I can help,” the owl said, as it landed on the arm rest of the couch.

Sweetie Belle scurried out from under the couch. “That owl just came to life. It must be magic!”

Shining Armor then drew his sword away, “You said you know a solution? So how can I defeat the Storm King and save my friends and everyone else?”

The owl nodded, and then spoke, “You will find the Sugar Plum Princess in one of the Four Realms. Journey across the main three realms, the Land of Snow, the Land of Sweets, and the Land of Flowers. And you should find a clue in each one of them to find the Fourth Realm, which should be an island across the Sea of Storms. From there, it will lead you to where she is being held.”

“But it’s impossible to cross the Sea of Storms!” Shining Armor said.

“It’s dangerous, yes. But not impossible,” the owl said.

The nutcracker then walked away towards the mouse hole, as Sweetie Belle peered into the mouse hole from the distance. “You’re not going in there, are you?”

“I must,” the nutcracker said, drawing his sword. “He’s holding my princess captive, along with the other three. It is my sworn duty to rescue her and save my friends!”

“What about me?” Sweetie Belle demanded. “Not to mention I’m now much smaller than him!”

Shining Armor lashed his cutlass. “It’s possible that if the Storm King either dies or is removed from power, whichever one works, all his enchantments, including the one he has on you, will be broken.”

Sweetie Belle was now worried about it how might turn out, “Now I’m really worried about how Rarity might react about where I am right now, if she were here right now. But are you really going to kill him?”

“It’s the only way,” the nutcracker insisted, "if I am ever to be reunited with Cadence and you are ever to be your size again."

Sweetie Belle then felt a knot in her stomach, looking between him and the owl. The owl waved a wing, signaling Sweetie Belle to follow the nutcracker, but she didn’t move. Shining Armor then turned around, “Well? Are you coming?”

“Really? You’re letting me go with?” Sweetie Belle asked in amazement and confusion.

“Surely you really don’t want to spend the rest of your life the size of a mouse!” the owl said.

Sweetie Belle then thought for a moment, until she looked up at the owl, “But how would I get back?”

The owl soared over to the Christmas tree and swiped a locket from the neck of the white ballerina Sweetie Belle had hung on the Christmas tree the day before. She dropped it in Sweetie Belle’s hand and perched back on the arm of the couch.

“Once you’ve found the Sugar Plum Princess, open the locket and you will return home your normal size.”

“But will it work?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“That’s for you to decide,” the owl said, before she was about to take off. “Now may your journey be safe.”

“Wait!” Sweetie Belle asked, getting the owl’s attention. “Thank you.”

The owl nodded, “Good luck.” The owl then flew back up to its place on the grandfather clock and froze back into her regular statue form. Sweetie Belle put on the locket and sighed heavily, before heading over to the mouse hole to meet up with the nutcracker.

“You ready?” he asked.

“Mmhmm,” Sweetie Belle nodded.

He then stepped aside, and bowed with his arm pointing to the entrance, “After you, my lady.”

“Thanks,” Sweetie Belle said with a soft smile on her face, as she and the nutcracker entered the dark mouse hole.

Author's Note:

This I used for the owl on the clock:

Longclaw from Sonic the Hedgehog (2020)