• ...
 4
 227

Part 1: It's Me

Previously, after dealing with Neo Metal Sonic and somewhat reforming Chrysalis, when the group returned to equestria, Zanth had been waiting for them, having beaten up Gareth before they arrived and then pony napping Twilight taking her to Celestia only knew where. Rainbow Dash asked Gareth what Zanth really was to which Gareth had replied with two words. And while he only said two words as his answer, it was like he had said a million at once.

"It's Me." Gareth had said.


Eons ago, long before the existance of this world in a distant part of the meta-verse on a particular planet was a town. In this town, if you ever became accused of a crime, then even if you were found innocent, the entire town would still treat you as if you were guilty; essentially shaming you forever.

One day, a lone human was walking to the local bank to cash in his paycheck when suddenly robbers blew up the bank's front entrance and when the smoke cleared, the human was left holding a single bag of money and thus was arrested under the accusation that he was one of the robbers.

And while this man was found not guilty, like I had stated the entire town didn't agree with this judgement. As such, day by day the entire town became more and more rotten towards this man, and only one girl; the mayor's daughter in fact; stood by his side. That is until the mayor himself gave his daughter an ultimatum: Either leave the man's side or lose her entire college scholarship. The girl chose her scholarship over the man she had been standing by as she wanted to go to college above all else.

Heartbroken, the man started to plead and beg for the power to make the entire world pay for his misery; make everyone feel his world of despair and sadness. That was when another human arrived and promised that so long as this new human was alive, the man who was suffering would have the power to do whatever they so choose to do without restraint, and without guilt. It was a deal with the devil though, as the man would become a monster. A monster that would become known as Zanth.


As Gareth finished telling this information, the scene had shifted from a human male being overlayed by Gareth. "...I know this because I was the man who made a deal with the devil. When the devil in question was killed off, I should've died right then and there, but instead, I was sent here, to your world as I am now. But the powers that made me Zanth were no longer mine. They separated and slowly reformed into a new Zanth, one that is still fueled by the despair and sadness that I had felt." Gareth said.

"So...that's what you meant when you said Zanth was you..." Chrysalis said.

"In a way, it still is me. Because it still holds the despair and sadness that I had suffered as it's motivation. Now it wants nothing more than to cause the entire meta-verse to reset, just so it can stop existing with all the pain and suffering it feels. That I had felt. Because the truth is that I had created Zanth, so I am Zanth just as much as Zanth is me." Gareth said.

"Why did he take Princess Twilight then if he's just going to reset everything? That makes no sense." Tirek said.

"Because in order to build the meta-verse from the ground up, Zanth needs a constant. And Twilight fits that bill to a T." Gareth said.

"Where's he taking her then?" Rainbow Dash said.

"To Point Zero, where the meta-verse's biggest reset button lies. A reset button known only as 'The Ultimate Reset'. If Zanth manages to activate it, it's not just your world as you know that goes poof, but the entire Meta-verse as we know it. And Zant will have full control over the new meta-verse." Gareth said.

"We can't let that happen. Not after everything we've been through." Cozy Glow said. "That kind of power will not be good for Equestria." She added.

"Then we need directions, and fast!" Rainbow Dash said.

"I can guide you as far as the boarder to Outpost Omega which is on the outskirts of Point Zero." Gareth said. "But from there, you will all be on your own. I dare not take another step further past that. I cannot and will not let that sort of power tempt me again. Never again. I let that premise of power turn me into Zanth once before. I will not let it again." He added.

"...Your wrong you know." Starlight said. "You aren't Zanth. At least not anymore." She added.


Some time later, the group was soon on the outskirts of a giant outpost and soon Garble arrived.

"Wait up." Garble said. "Ember said Twilight got kidnapped, and well...I figured I'd pay you all back for setting me straight. Especially you, Spike." He added.

"Fine. Just don't cause any problems." Spike said.

"G-got it..." Garble said. The group headed forward without Gareth but soon upon entering, they noticed Zanth.

"It's Zanth, after him!" Spike said.