• Published 23rd Sep 2022
  • 137 Views, 0 Comments

Equestria Girls: Open Arms - AizakkuHorooee



Sunset Shimmer swings by Equestria to catch up with Twilight and Aita, but discovers one of her old victims may be after Aita.

  • ...
 0
 137

Chapter IV

So, after everyone has had a burger (or two), chips and a bottle of soda each, everyone feels full, especially me. I’m not used to having to eat for nutrition, but the burger tasted like how I remember nostalgia tasting like.

“Ooh, that was the chips wasn’t it?” Twilight says, looking around.

“I might have served too much,” replies Rainbow Dash. “Could we have brought a clip for one of the bags?”

“Perhaps.” Rarity looks over to me. “Oh, look at poor Aita. It was a good thing Princess Twilight left home; he must not be used to eating like us. He can’t even join in what little conversation we do have.”

Sunset rests her head over her arms. “Believe me; I’ve been there, Rare.”

“I think I’ll call Granny Smith and tell her to get Big Mac and pick. us. up. Real satisfied with the cookin’, but I would be caught dead eatin’ another bite.”

“You can count on me!” Pinkie replies, handing her phone to Applejack. It seems to be on speaker, set to call Granny Smith.

Yes, hello! Pinkie Pie?

“Hi Granny Smith!” we all answer.

Oh! Y’all had that big cookout! Now Ah r’memeber! Wish Ah c’bring y’all some apples, but-

“It’s okay; we filled up on our own.”

Did ya now, Sunny? Heh, any y’all need a ride home?

“Yes, Granny. Is Big Mac with you?” Applejack asks.

Darn tootin’! Ah’ll make sher he brings the van for the seven of you! Big Mac, you got the van ready?

Sunset briefly chuckles. “Make that eight. We had a last minute guest.”

Eeyup, Big Mac answers to Granny Smith through the phone.

Looks like yer goin’ all ov’r town! Yer sister and her friends stuffed themselves ‘til they couldn’t walk! Need gas?

Mmmaybe. Twenty-five will do.

Break a leg out there, Big Macky! So y’all need anythin’ else?

“Pretty sure that’s all,” Twilight replies. “Whatever else there is, we’ll handle just fine.”

Alright, if ya say so. See ya later Applejack! Bring any leftovers home!

“Will do, Granny.”

Pinkie’s phone hangs up, letting Applejack finally get up and past the feeling of fullness. She starts packing the leftover food and drink into the now empty cooler.

“Twilight, y’all wanna do cleanup?”

“Sure.” Twilight closes her eyes. While she does that, all the garbage starts floating in one of the empty chip bags: foil, napkins, knives, and paper plates. Totally forgot Twilight could float stuff.

“Ev’rbody else take a rest while Big Mac’s on his way. Y’all look like you could use it.”

I point to the sky, then flop my arm back. “Isn’t that an understatement.”

***

When Big Mac arrives with the van, Applejack puts the leftovers in the back area and gets in the front while Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and Twilight go in the backseats; Rarity and Fluttershy get in the third row; and Sunset and I take the second.

“So, did that cookout go well?” Big Mac asks.

“Mhm!” Everybody nods and buckles up, including me.

“Aita here was just simply delightful!” Rarity pats my head, which because of my new physique, feels more comfortable than it would’ve before.

“The food was really good,” Sunset adds. “Fluttershy went all out on the soft-drink and condiment selections.”

“Aw, thank you so much, Sunset Shimmer.”

“Hey, did …anybody else get a text from CHS calling for a surprise SCD?” Pinkie shows her phone to everyone in the back three rows. Sunset checks her phone.

“Hm. Superintendent Conference Day? …that can’t be right.”

Twilight begins reading the text she, Sunset and Pinkie all apparently got.

As anybody knows who visited CHS this Saturday, a new student has arrived on campus. I would like to hold a special conference at Canterlot High School welcoming this new student on Monday. Yours truly, Superintendent Spitfire.

“Well, that’s confusing. I would’ve thought Spitfire served more as one of those people that yells at everyone because it was her job,” I reply.

“So a drill instructor? She got fired from that job years ago; apparently caused a haze epidemic.”

“Haze? What’s Rainbow Dash mean?”

“In this context, Aita, it means to steer someone straight by humiliating them,” Twilight explains. “Someone leaked the news of Spitfire’s behavior during our Freshmen year.”

“And guess who did it…” Sunset starts, before rubbing her right upper arm. “Hazing or not, I’m lucky I still attend CHS today after that leak.”

I don’t really find it surprising Sunset got Spitfire fired. While I see where she’s getting at, I am not about to let her past cloud her own judgement.

“Sunset,” I say, resting me hand her right shoulder. “You know as well as I do that all the bad stuff is in the past. I may never forget the moment I first met Princess Celestia, but that bad first impression doesn’t make her a bad person. Besides, I’ll be seeing Superintendent Spitfire; you won’t have to.”

“Thanks, Aita. You said it best.” Sunset gives me a warm hug, but then looks around, making me do the same. Looks like we’re back at CHS. “CHS is our first stop, huh?” she asks Big Mac.

“Eeyup.”

“Well Aita, I’ll come through on Monday, okay? Best of luck to you at that meeting.”

I nod at Sunset as we get out of the van. I think of saying something, but another comes up in my head: my schedule.

“Wait a minute: I’m supposed to be at school in Ponyville during the meeting!”

“You are? Maybe we should go over and explain that to Principal Celestia and have her let Superintendent Spitfire know! Girls, we’ll have to talk later, but please do not stay home on Monday. Meet me at the school, and we’ll talk with Spitfire directly,” Sunset orders. Pinkie, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Twilight all nod. “We’ll have to catch up some more later, sound good, Big Mac?”

Big Mac nods. “Eeyup.”

“Let’s go, Aita.”

And with that, while Big Mac’s van leaves, Sunset Shimmer and I head back to Canterlot High.