• Published 28th Aug 2022
  • 350 Views, 17 Comments

My Little Cook Book: Flavor Is Magic! - Slippin_Sweetie



Hungry? Aren't we all! Everypony gets a little hungry, whether it's a hankerin' for some apple pie, or a fresh summer salad. Everypony's gotta eat!

  • ...
2
 17
 350

Gilda's Fried Fish Nuggets (Beginner Recipe)

DISCLAIMER: Please consult your dietitian if you are able to consume fish. For health reasons, ponies should not consume this dish in larger quantities. Consuming raw fish may also present health risks.

So you want to know how to really eat like a griffin king? Well, first, you're going to need...to be a griffin! Seriously, why are you reading this if you're not a griffin?

(Author's note: Multiple creatures have been proven to consume fish aside from griffin's. If you are not a griffin you may make this recipe. Gilda is just teasing you.-Twilight Sparkle)

First, you're going to need.

Two flounder fillets (Yields eight nuggets)

Two or three eggs

Italian/plain breadcrumbs

vegetable oil

an iron skillet or larger frying pan.

Take your fish and cut it into smaller pieces, I mean, they are fish NUGGETS are all. Don't be the greedy griffin who tries to fry an entire fillet. You look like a jerk, and you have an oversized fried piece of raw fish. Grandpa Gruff...

Now crack two eggs in a bowl and beat them til they're uh..mixed?....In another bowl have your bread crumbs, and put your fish in the wet and then dry mix.

Once you breaded all of your nuggets, in a large skillet or frying pan put in your oil. Turn your stovetop to medium-high heat. You can tell the oil is ready if you see some small bubbles forming. If you need more proof, wet your claws and flick a few water droplets into the oil.

If the oil starts hissing and popping, you're ready to fry. Now depending on your pan you can either cook all of your nuggets at once or fry them in batches. What's important is that you fry until the breading is crispy.

Place on paper towel to dry, and pat down to remove excess grease. Serve with tar tar sauce, and enjoy nerd.