• Published 6th Sep 2022
  • 380 Views, 2 Comments

The Princess and the Empire - Princess Starflight



Izzy and Pipp are dating, and it seems they are meant to be soul mates, together forever, with no problems along the way. But fate has other plans for them.

  • ...
 2
 380

Chapter 3

"No! Izzy! No, no, no, this cannot be happening!" Sunny cried.

"Why are you even surprised?" Chrysalis said, as Pipp. "Izzy Moonbow always goes with the option that will get her the most attention, just because she doesn't want to fight for her marefriend. She's a coward, like all of you."

"Don't say that, Pipp! She isn't a coward!" Sunny screamed.

"Pipp?" Chrysalis laughed. "Oh, yes. Of course I'm Pipp. Of course!" She blasted at Sunny, but Sunny dodged.

"She is the most amazing pony ever! She doesn't want to fight you because she loves you so much!" Sunny yelled, with tears running down her cheeks.

"Love me? Chrysalis? Look, she's just a coward who only loves attention," Chrysalis sneered.

"Chrysalis...?! I should have known that it was you!" Sunny screamed in fury. "Pipp would never say such bad stuff about Izzy!" She uttered a cry of rage and shot Alicorn magic that hit directly on Pipp's heart (Chrysalis didn't have one!).

"Ow!" Chrysalis said, and fell to the ground. She growled. "Take one more step..." She used her magic to teleport Zipp and Hitch to the hive. "...and they're gone.

"What the-" Zipp sputtered. Hitch just looked around in confusion.

"You're not going to do anything to my friends! I am not afraid to use my magic on you!" Sunny stepped forward and spread her ethereal wings. Her horn sparked.

"Oh, look who took one more step. Say goodbye to your little friends," Chrysalis sneered. She charged up her horn with magic and prepared to blast it at Zipp and Hitch.

"No!" Sunny yelled, and with quick thinking, teleported Zipp and Hitch back to the Crystal Empire. She mentally apologized to them for the confusion.

"Pipp, I know this isn't you! Please, you can do it! You can let Chrysalis leave your body...you just have to remember who you are! Think about Izzy...!" Sunny pleaded.

Chrysalis laughed. "Pipp is gone. I am the only one who remains!"

Sunny glared. "Then, I guess we have to do things the hard way!" She charged up her magic and aimed her horn at Chrysalis.

"Wait!" Chrysalis yelled. Only, it wasn't Chrysalis's voice. It was Pipp's!

Pipp/Chrysalis grabbed Grogar's bell. She sucked in some of its powers, and reversed time to before Izzy sacrificed herself.

Sunny blinked in confusion. Izzy opened her eyes and got up.

Pipp was glaring. "Chrysalis, you are not me and you never will be! I demand you to leave my body, and leave Equestria, too! Forever and ever," she said fiercely.

Chrysalis's soul seemed to think about it.

"Yeah, leave my marefriend alone!" Izzy screamed.

Sunny didn't understand how Izzy knew what was happening, but she added on. "Listen to Pipp and Izzy, Chrysalis. Leave Pipp's body and leave Equestria!"

"LEAVE!" Pipp screamed.

At once, Pipp's eyes flashed, and then returned to their normal color. The rest of her body started returning to normal. Then she was lifted up into the air for the second time that day by a glowing light. The light seemed to be coming from Pipp, this time. Suddenly, the whole hive was filled with the bright light. Chunks of it started flying around. The hive seemed to be being destroyed by the light!

When it was over, Sunny, Izzy, and the now normal Pipp were all lying on the ground. There was debris everywhere, remains of the hive, probably. Chrysalis and the changelings were nowhere in sight.

Sunny was the first one to get up. She had turned back into an Earth Pony. She shook her head a few times. Sunny had a slight headache, but other than that she seemed to be fine.

Izzy got up next. She was sapped of energy - and magic. It might take days for her to regain both. But Izzy thought it was worth it.

Sunny and Izzy walked over to Pipp. The princess's eyes were squeezed shut. Her hooves covered her head. She seemed to have broken a few bones.

Suddenly, Pipp opened her eyes and smiled. "Thanks for stepping up for me, Sunny," she said. She coughed.

"Pipp!" Izzy yelled. "Are you okay?!"

"We can't risk losing you now!" Sunny said.

Then, the ponies saw a glowing heart-shaped thing nearby. Maybe that had been the source of the light? Izzy thought.

Sunny walked over to it. She gasped. "It's the Crystal Heart! You guys know what that is, right? From the stories I told you?"

"Yeah. But what's it doing here?" Izzy asked.

"I'm not sure. But maybe, we can use it to save the kingdoms! Because Pipp reversed time, and now the kingdoms aren't safe anymore," Sunny said.

She walked over to it, and was about to touch it. But Pipp said, "I think...I have to be the one to do it."

Sunny looked unsure. But then she nodded. "You're right."

With difficulty, Pipp slowly walked over with the help of her friends. She put her hoof on the Crystal Heart and then...

Author's Note:

This chapter didn't really change much. Wasn't too crappy, I guess.