• Published 10th Aug 2022
  • 652 Views, 8 Comments

Halo: A Spartan Will Rise - LazyAva2004



Spartan Ava-127 lands on an unknown planet, outside of UNSC and Covenant space.

  • ...
2
 8
 652

The horse you rode in on

11th Feb
2554
Equestria, near Ponyville

Spartan Jake-039 was moving through the forest, looking for any clues to where he was. This forest was massive, and a lot of weird sounds could be heard. This didn't stop Jake-039, however, as he was used to fighting in places like this. He was a Spartan, and he could handle whatever was thrown at him.
He soon stumbled across what looked to be an old castle, and he watched for a while, hidden in the bushes, wanting to make sure it was a safe building to search. Suddenly without warning, he turned around aiming his M6C/SOCOM to the trees around him. He had heard a low growling, sounding almost like a wolf, and was ready to put the danger down if need be.

Five creatures emerged from where Jake-039 was aiming, resembling wolves but... wooden?
"What the hell...?" muttered Jake, before he opened fire at the rapidly approaching creatures. Two of the approaching creatures fell into a pile of sticks, due to expertly placed headshots by Jake, but the third creature pounced, a much larger "wooden wolf", knocking Jake's M6C out of his hand. He drew his combat knife, rushing the creature. It growled in pain, as Jake stabbed it right where the neck would be, then kicking it with extreme force, sending the wolf creature into a tree where it fell into a pile of twigs and sticks. The last two wooden wolves proved easy to kill, and Jake retrieved his M6C from the ground. Something about the wolf creatures didn't rub him right. They hadn't appeared on his motion sensor. Meaning either they weren't alive and had no heartbeat, or any form of life, or they had radar jamming technology, similar to Covenant Sangheili who use Active Camo. Both worried Jake. He marked the castle for him and Ava-127 to see. They'd have to search it later, right now he needed to get back to the Pelican to report on the strange creatures he just fought. He took the skull of the large creature he killed, and started to head back to the temporary base.

11th Feb
2554
Pelican Dropship


Ava shook her head, concerned that she had gone insane. Twilight giggled when she was called a talking horse by Ava-127, and corrected her. "I'm not a horse silly, me and my friends are ponies. Don't you have ponies where you're from?"

Ava shook her head, still making sense of these colorful creatures. One pony in particular, a blue pony with a rainbow colored mane, was clearly uneasy. Not good. If this was a first contact with a new species, it was going bad.
"We have ponies but... they don't talk and they don't have as much color as all of you."

Twilight looked confused.
"Okayyyy... Are you friendly? Like... are you going to hurt us?"

Ava-127 shrugged, and walked a bit closer to the ponies.
"Only if you try to hurt me or my squad. Otherwise I'll be friendly."
The pink pony nearly exploded in excitement after hearing that, and she started to bounce around Ava-127, asking so many questions it hurt Ava's brain. She could barely make sense of all of the questions, but heard a few things about going to parties, and being best friends with all the ponies here.

Ava just shook her head
"Sorry, I don't go to parties, and I won't have any time for that. I need to get back home, the UNSC need me and my squad back."
Upon saying that, Pinkie Pie essentially deflated, and she looked sad. Really sad.
Despite being a Spartan, mostly emotionless, Ava felt a pang of regret, and she sighed.
"Maybe I'll be able to go to a party. Just be warned, I'm not very social."
Pinkie Pie almost instantly went back to being hyperactive and happy, and Ava-127 sighed again, muttering under her breath. "I'm gonna fucking regret this..."

11th Feb
2554
Space just outside of Equis

The Retribution's Truth exited slipspace above the planet that the Forerunners names "Equis"
It's Shipmaster, Reto 'Danam, clicked his mandibles in anticipation, knowing that this planet held a holy relic needed for the Great Journey. Most of the Sangheili had rebelled against the Covenant, ever since the Prophets chose the Jiralhanae, the brutes, to be their escorts to the Great Journey. If Reto 'Danam could get the holy relic that this planet held, he would earn back the respect of the Prophets, and be a hero, not only to the Covenant, but also to his own kind, the Sangheili.

"Shipmaster, our scouts are ready to start searching for the artifact. We have four Phantoms loaded with Kig-Yar, Unggoy, and some Sangheili to supervise them. We have also sent two squads with Zealots to look for the holy artifact." spoke one of the bridge crew, alerting Reto 'Danam of the situation.

"Send them to the planet. We are close, and soon we will have the Prophets respect again."
Reto 'Danam sat down, looking through the information they had of the planet.


11th Feb
2554
Equestria

Jake-039 had just gotten back to the Pelican. Ava-127 had explained about the ponies, and introduced them. Naturally, Ava and Jake were still cautious, the ponies were still classified as "aliens", and after fighting a long war with the Covenant, they were naturally cautious with anything non-human.
Jake learned that the creatures that attacked him were called "Direwolves".
Currently, Ava-127 was arguing with Twilight. Ava wanted to stay at the Pelican, and keep the supplies safe. Twilight however, wanted the two Spartans to go with her to Ponyville, a town not too far away, and in the morning she'd get Princess Celestia and Princess Luna to come to Ponyville to meet the two soldiers. Eventually Ava agreed to go to Twilight's castle, and both of the Spartans lugged as much equipment as they could to Ponyville. By then it was nearing night, and the few ponies that saw the two Spartans ran, clearly startled.
Twilight let the Spartan's pick two rooms to sleep in, and after a while Ava fell asleep, Jake couldn't fall asleep however.

7th September
2552
Reach

Ava-127 took cover behind a large piece of debris from a destroyed building. There were 3 Kig-Yar chasing her, one was armed with a needle rifle and the other two had needlers with shields. All she had was two bullets in a mag for her M6D magnum. She could kill one of the Jackals with the magnum, the rest would have to be with her trusted knife. She got out of cover, shooting the Jackal without a shield clean in the head, the round cracking the Jackals head apart, killing it instantly. Ava sprinted towards the second Jackal, shooting it's shield arm, giving Ava-127 room to tackle the Jackal, and slice it's throat. One left. She then heard a loud bullet crack, and turned around to see a headless Jackal, presumably shot by a sniper.

"Good kill, Onyx 2. Radio in the rest of Onyx team to regroup, we need to defend the second Orbital MAC cannon battery, the others are down." Ava said through her comms.
Onyx 2, Bill-091, flashed his acknowledgement light green, and a minute later four more lights flashed green in Ava's helmet. She grabbed the needle rifle from the dead Jackal, and took the ammo that the three Jackals had, and set off to the rendezvous point.
When Ava got to the gun battery, it was a full blown warzone. Hundreds of Grunts, Elites, Jackals, and Brutes were rushing the few UNSC Marines and ODST's. Ava rushed into cover, and found Onyx team waiting. Onyx 3, Ashley-241, was badly wounded, her armor melted in spots, from plasma, and the smell of burnt flesh filled the air. Onyx 4 , Baird-179, had his left leg broken, and his energy shield refused to recharge. That only left Ava-127, Bill-091, and Onyx 5, Alyssa-084 with 100% combat efficiency. They had already lost Onyx 6, Alex-026. Luckily, there was a few weapons with some ammo that Ava could use. She swapped out her needle rifle with an MA5B Assault Rifle, and took an M7/Caseless SMG.
She started to take shots at an Elite, downing it's shields and killing it without struggle. The Covenant were getting close, and more enemies seemed to be pouring out of dropships. Ava-127 looked behind her, to see where her teammates were, but there was no-one to be seen. She looked back to where the Covenant was, and saw a large ball of plasma, from a Wraith tank, before it hit her. Her whole body burnt but no matter how hard she tried she couldn't scream.
Ava suddenly woke up, her head aching. She recalled her dream, she was back on Reach with Onyx team.
A sudden noise broke her train of thought, as she realized that Twilight had just entered the room. She looked worried.
"Are you okay, Ava? I heard a few groans, it sounded like you were in pain, or having a nightmare..." Twilight asked.

Ava sighed, and sat up from the surprisingly strong bed that had held her extra weight provided by the armor. She put her helmet back on, and nodded towards Twilight.
"I'm okay. It's just... I remembered Reach."
Twilight looked confused.
"R-Reach? How would dreaming about reaching out be... scary?'

"Reach was a UNSC controlled planet. A genocidal collection of Alien species, called the Covenant, has been at war with humanity since 2525. As of 2552, two years ago, Reach is no more. The Covenant massacred the planet and it's inhabitants. They glassed the planet. I fought there, and lost my squad."
Ava clenched her fists, thinking back to how quickly Reach fell. How the Covenant slaughtered the UNSC without mercy.

"The Covenant? Can you tell me more...?" asked Twilight
Ava sighed, and nodded.
The next three hours consisted of Twilight learning of the horrors of the Covenant.

Author's Note:

2nd chapter done! Hope you all enjoy it as much as i enjoy writing this story!:twilightsmile: