• ...
 4
 190

The day it all changed

W stretched a bit and yawned. Spirit felt rested and full of energy. He didn't sleep so well in-..

..well, he never slept in his entire life actually...

Anyway, it was quite a good experience. He looked around and noticed Micheal on the table. His 'bro' seemed to still be sleeping, because his flames were blazing weaker. W decided not to disturb him. Instead, he tried to memorize what happened previously...


8 hours earlier, Maretime Bay...

W and Micheal were sitting on an empty bench, watching as something was happening in the town. They were really small, and looked like toys forgotten by someone. Apparently, some kind of an emperor nailed really good. Unfortunately, it was way too loud to hear anything.

Some ponies ran nearby, without noticing two spirits sitting on the bench. After all, being invisible had it's own advantages.

W clapped his 'hands' "So, I guess this is it for today.." he levitated from the bench.

Micheal shrugged "I guess so. I mean, since you are loud phobic..." he looked at his friend with a faceless expression...As always.

W crossed arms on his chest and averted his face "Yeah yeah...Whatever.."

Micheal levitated towards his friend "I wonder, what will happen tomorrow?" he put arms behind his head "I mean...It seems to be kinda a big deal and stuff"

W shrugged "Who knows. We will have to go now, I kinda want some silence you know?"

Micheal snorted "Sure thing, princess"

They levitated into the sky. They saw nearly every part of the city from this high.

Micheal sighed "You know? I'm actually jealous" he crossed arms on his body "Those ponies can taste food, feel something under their er...Hooves. Talk to each other..." he then turned to W "No offence"

Spirit waved off "None taken"

Then, Micheal's voice changed "But their fluff...Oohh..." he looked up in the sky, menacingly "It simply hypnotizes me...I'd do anything to just touch it..." his body darkened a bit.

W looked at his friend frightened "M-...Micheal..?"

Then, blue spirit chuckled and came back to normal "PFT- You should have seen- BWAHAHAH" he started rolling in the air laughing.

W was idle and then groaned "Gosh...MICHEAL!" he face palmed.

It took blue spirit some time to calm down "Ehe heeh...Dude, that reaction..."

W looked at his friend "Just...How did you change your color?"

Micheal spinned a bit and his blue flames became lighter, almost the same color as W "Did you know we could do this stuff?!"

W was confused "I did not"

Micheal changed back "Well, let's go back now! I might even teach ya how to do it!"

Spirits started flying across Maretime Bay. Aura around city was...Disturbing to say the least. Ponies were worried, scared...Still, spirits continued flying for around 10 minutes, before they stopped in front of abandoned building. It was a lonely brick house with withered walls. It's windows were surprisingly clean, and door working. It was a bit further from the city itself. Ponies were afraid to go near to building, since they thought it was haunted.

Well, it was partly true now.

Spirits flew inside through the opened window. It was...Tidy inside. There wasn't any rubbish, dust or dirt. It was a simple small room with wooden floor, brown walls and two windows. The only furniture inside was an old sofa and a shelf with some items on it. Those were some weird looking rocks, old looking toppat, small ball and a pot with a bright red rose.

W landed on the sofa and exhaled "Man, I still can't belive that we can get comfy even with our bodies!" he put arms behind his head.

Micheal seemed to smirk, though you couldn't tell due to their bodies appearance "But it's good! I mean, we could end up like some crazy creatures because.." he changed his voice into a brutal one "..I feel nothing but pain..." he looked menacing.

W clapped with his hands "Not bad, not bad!" he then pointed his limb out "But you won't fool me this time!"

Micheal bowed to him "Glad I cou-"

Suddenly, both of them felt strong vibrations in the air. The looked at each other, and then at the window. Weird looking wave was approaching at the high speed. Spirits didn't even get the chance to escape. Wave went through both of them, pinning spirits to the sofa...

And then, everething went dark...


W grabbed his head "Gibus Smite!" he fastly levitated towards window. Glass in it was shuttered. He looked at the city from a far and...Nothing changed. It was evening, and lanterns in the city were active. Though something still seemed to be off. Now it felt more...Friendly in the city? Not like it was dangerous before anyway. Still, weird warmth could be felt from the town.

W scratched the back of his head and heard groaning from behind. Micheal woke up, and his flame became much stronger.

He put arm to his face "Geez..." he looked at his friend "Yo W, what happened?" he managed to levitate up.

W shrugged "No idea, guess that's why all those ponies were nervous"

Micheal yawned and looked around "Gosh...Why is it so dusty?"

W seemed to raise his eyebrow "What do you..?"

Now that W got a propper look, he noticed that place was indeed dusty. Not critically of course, but still.

W put arm to (probably) his chin "Huh...Just how long were we out for?"

Micheal shrugged "No idea, but what about we check on the Bay?"

W nodded "Yeah, that might explain something"

They flew out of the building by using broken window...And weren't able to take off. They did manage to fly out of the house though.

Micheal looked down "..huh?" he tried to levitate higher, but didn't succeed.

W met the same problem "What in the name of..?"

They looked at each other confused. It was the first time they had problems with levitating. Usually, it was happening automatically.

W put one of his limbs to his face "What is going on..?" he started to 'walk' in circles, mumbling to himself "The wave...It had those vibrations. Perhaps those made us limited in our abilities..Wait, maybe they did something bad to us?! What if-"

Micheal sighed "And there we go..." he levitated towards W and put hand on spirit's head.

W stopped and turned around "Huh?"

Micheal seemed smug "Dude, let's just relax"

W stared at his friend "Micheal, you DO realize that we lost one of our abilities, right?"

Micheal pointed at space under him "Well, dunno what are ya talking about"

W was confused "You...Why are you so calm?"

Micheal shrugged "Don't know, don't care" he then looked at the beach "..we have never actually being there"

W's hands were down "I...Geez man..." he calmed down due to Micheal's chill behaviour "You know what? Yeah, let's go"

And so they..Walked (?) towards the sandy area.


Meanwhile, Sunny, Izzy, Hitch, Pipp and Zipp were having picnic at the beach. It was a bit loud in Maretime Bay, since all ponies came together, so they decided to visit beach. It was quite cozy here, with waves and breeze.

Sunny put glass with orange soda down and sighed "I still can't belive we did it!" she had a big smile on her face.

Izzy nodded "I know right?!" she added soda to Sunnie's glass "but now everypony can have fun with each other!"

Hitch gulped down his donut "And hey! Once magic is back, can you imagine how many opportunities we have?"

Pipp was tapping her phone "Mhm~" she was way too into her stuff.

Zipp rolle her eyes "Geez sis, can you put your phone down for at least 2 seconds?"

Pipp sceptically looked at her sister "Hmpf! Of course!" she put phone away...For two seconds and then took it again.

Zipp facehoofed "I didn't mean...Ugh, whatever.."

Sunny looked at the beach "..what about we walk around here? It might seem that it's just sand, but it's actually very interesting if you walk around"

Hitch nodded "Yup! Once we managed to find the entire crab family!"

Izzy gasped "Oh oh! Let's go!"

Pipp stood up as well "Eh, guess having a new wallpaper on the phone wouldn't hurt!"

Zipp was stretching "Mhh...Well, come on then!"

And so they started exploring the beach. Sunny was telling her friends how she used to walk around here. Though it was pretty rare when she did. There were no waves on the water surface. Stars were gleaming weakly. It was quiet...Untill they heard distant groaning and complaining.

"GAAH! Sand is in my EVERETHING!"

Sunny chuckled "Guess somepony isn't lucky today"

Another voice answered "Phah! Got ya!"

Groaning was the answer...

Hitch sighed "Guess somepony needs help now"

Izzy gasped "Oh oh! New friends!" she started bouncing towards the voices and dissapeared behind rocks.

Zipp snorted "Just make sure to not freak them out, you hear me?"

Sunny looked at her friend "Zipp! Izzy is sure uh...Hyperactive a bit. But it's not THAT bad after all!"

Pegasus smiled "Oh please, you know I was joking!"

Hitch put hoof behind his neck "Uh...I think it got a bit...quiet"

Pipp shrugged and took a photo of the beach "Well, yeah, it's a beach after all"

Hitch shook his head "No, I mean...REALLY quiet"

Now that they listened, the only sound that stayed was the weak breeze. They looked towards the direction where Izzy dissapeared...


Micheal levitated away from his friend "Catch me if you can!"

W (seemingly) rolled his eyes "Why would I?" he was trying to dust himself off "Why did you throw this into me?!"

Micheal flew solid 10 meters away from W "Dun-" he bumped into something and nearly fell on the ground "Ouf..."

He shook his head and looked up, expecting to see something like a rock or a tree or...Something that he could bump into. Instead, there stood surprised unicorn. Micheal just levitated there, confusd. Usually, he would just go through the living being, and that's it. It felt really weird...And fluffy. He then looked at her face...It almost looked like she could actually see him. Unless...

W turned around and witnessed the scene. He rolled his eyes in amusement and snorted "Geez..."

Group of ponies appeared behind the rocks. Their eyes were widened as they looked towards lavender unicorn...Mostly towards Micheal direction though. W got a bit tense. That's actually kinda funny. First they can't levitate high, then sand and now this? It's almost like that wave from before made their bodies physical...And visible...Which would explain today's bizzarness...

..Oh...

Author's Note:

And there we go...Another story. And this will have a few chapters, like an introduction. Then MAYBE, I will release some one shots connected to it...But boy, I like this so far!