• Published 1st Aug 2022
  • 83 Views, 4 Comments

Snowflake Shine: A New Beginning - MlpBrony123z



An Adventure with my OC, Snowflake Shine. Follow her journey with her, and see what awaits...

  • ...
 4
 83

Pearl Twirl

As I headed out, the crisp, refreshing breeze greeted me. I wrapped a scarf round my neck as I didn't want to catch a cold. I was lugging a tiny bag on my shoulder, which held a few bits and was handy in case I wanted to buy something from the shops.

('Hmm... I'll swing by Emerald's and see if she can show me in the direction of town square.') I devised a strategy. I proceeded down the street to Starshine Lane, where I recognized the cottage Emerald had described to me. The gate was locked, and I noticed that all of the lights inside had been turned off. Emerald had left. (She's probably gone to work or something...) I figured. I occasionally forget that everypony has a job but me.

I distinctly remember when I lived in Ponyville, there were three fillies who were so desperate for cutie marks that they formed a team. They were the sisters of Rarity and Applejack, and I believe one of them was a big Rainbow Dash devotee. Applebloom (I presume her name was Applebloom) was Applejack's sister, and I remember seeing her once at Sweet Apple Acres. I used to go there routinely and aid with some of the Apple Family's chores. But I can't think about it right now since I'd probably burst into tears if I realized everything I used to do in my old town.

I was just about to return home when I heard a voice from behind me yell my name. "SNOWFLAKE SHINE!!!!!" A Pegasus with a turquoise and cream mane shouted. I spun around, struck away by the pony. "Hi. Sorry, but how did you learn what my name is?" I investigated.

"Where have my manners gone? Silly me! My name is Pearl Twirl, and I'm Miss Kind's niece. She told me everything I needed to know about you" Pearl made clear as she reached me to befriend me. She shook my hoof fiercely and grinned at me, much like Miss Kind had done when she first saw me.

The similarity was astounding; the two looked so identical. I would have misdiagnosed them if they were close together. "I know my aunt and I resemble each other; is that what you're pondering?" Pearl enquired. I looked at her, bewildered, questioning if she could read my mind.

"Umm... Sorry how do you know that?" I asked. She chuckled at me and then looked about at the other ponies exiting from their dwellings. "Everypony thinks about it, and when they first encounter me, they gasp in amazement. Some claim I'm imitating her style so I can be like her, despite knowing nothing about me. I hope you don't feel the same way..." Pearl's voice trembled at the end, and I could see she was about to break down in tears.

"No way! Not at all; in fact, you have a very different sense of style than her. You have an unique manner of arranging your mane and expressing yourself. It's nothing like your aunt's style." I hastily added, not wanting her to have the same view of me.


Pearl addressed me in the eyes and patted my head with her hoof. She glowed at me and began to smile heartily, expressing her thankfulness for what I had told her. "Thank you kindly, Snowflake. I can see why my aunt gushed about you when she returned home; she saw a genuine pony in you. That doesn't happen very often lately. All ponies want to discuss about is how to dress and how to talk on cue. My aunt is the same way, however she adores a strong wild side on any pony." Pearl explained it all to me.

I had now realised that when I first met Miss Kind, she was timely and regal in her attitude. She reminded me of how high-class ponies behaved, and I saw ponies acting like this everywhere I went in Manhattan. But as I boarded the carriage and Miss Kind began speaking to me, she went from being regal to acting as if she had known me my adult existence, as if I were a member of her family. That was outstanding, in my perspective.

"Snowflake! Come on in, I have my aunt's key, and she said if you come along, I should serve you tea." Pearl yanked me out of my trance and escorted me to Miss Kind's magnificent home.