• Published 22nd May 2023
  • 321 Views, 2 Comments

Transcendence - Tenebris Lucifer



No one expected this to happen, No one thought they were real, and yet They are.

  • ...
3
 2
 321

Transcendence: The System

Thoth had been explaining the rules of the Battle royal to me, they were fairly standard. Last one alive won and so on. However, the “System" was new to me.

“So, the system is like an RPG?” I asked again.

“Kinda, you see right now you’re in your Astral form, now normally we gods attach the system to our avatar as soon as possible as a soul is delicate when it lacks a physical body. The System rebuilds a body most suited for the user allowing the soul to flourish. However, since your soul is powerful enough to remain clear and cohesive, I've abstained from doing so.” He paused briefly to let me try and wrap my head around it again.

“Ok I think I understand but, will it hurt?” I questioned.

“I don't know,” he told me.

“Alright lay it on me” I say, bracing myself for any pain.

I felt a hand being placed upon my shoulder before a burst of brief pain racked throughout my body quickly followed by a cold feeling that spread throughout my body. Opening my eyes, I see what looked like some sort of digital screen in front of me, kind of like one you'd see in vr.

“So, this is the system you told me about?” I asked curiously.

“Yes, it was fashioned after those video games you humans love so much,” He replied.

I looked at the top of the screen, “Character creation?”

“Yes, your old body would be unable to withstand the amount of power you'll be receiving, so a new body infused with divine power is created via the system,” He explained briefly.

Scrolling through the “character” options I see various things besides humans such as dragons, demons, lycanthropes, and so on.

“So, what are you going to choose?” Thoth asked me.

“Probably just a human,” I replied.

“Really?”

“It would be weird to try and learn how to use wings or how to run with a vastly different leg structure,”

“That's fair.”

My eyes look over the various options, but nothing truly stands out to me, going back to the human option I pick. This leads me to a customization screen where I can choose my skin tone as well as my eye and hair color. For my skin tone I just went with tanned, for my eye color I chose my original eye color that being gray, and finally for my hair I chose dirty blonde. After I clicked confirm, I was prompted to put in my name.

“Shouldn't the system already know my name?” I asked.

“Don't be silly,” Thoth said, “It isn't alive.”

Shrugging, I put down my name, Alexander Hamilton Kane. Once I clicked confirm, again, a pale gray glow enveloped me and a couple of notifications clouded my vision.

System Message: The user has chosen their race as “Human” the following buff(s) shall take effect.
Since the beginning humans have always strived to innovate and adapt

  • Karma gain permanently increased by 25%
  • You have an additional resistance to fluctuating temperatures.
  • When creating something new the chance of success is doubled

System Message: The user has discovered a hidden buff.
The Greeks believed that those with gray eyes were blessed by Athena, Goddess of wisdom
[list*] Karma gain permanently increased by 25%System Message: The user's patron has been registered as Thoth the following buffs shall take effect
Thoth, also known as Djehuty, was worshiped as the god of knowledge, writing, and every so often the god of the moon or magic
Karma gained permanently increased by 50%

  • User will automatically know the advanced encryption/decryption skill
  • Users innate magic potential shall be increased by one level
  • User has an increased potential for time magic

System Message: Users soul strength has been measured at mid-high transcendent rank, the following shall be made available:

  • 3 transcendent innate skill slots will be given.
  • The skill “astral form” will automatically be given.
  • A skill store coupon will be given

System Message: The user's patron has been detected as Thoth the innate skill “Knowledge of the ages” is available to be chosen.

“Are you finished?” Thoth asked.

“I think so.” i replied as I continued looking at my interface.

“Good, then let's move onto skills, oh and what kind of skill slots did you get?”

“Three Transcendent innate skill slots,” I replied.

Thoth's eyes widened, “Three?”

“Yep”

“That's unheard of.”

“Well, that's what it said.” I told him.

He slowly nodded, “Well anyways in the interface there should be a tab that says “Store” click it and purchase the skills.”

“What do I buy them with?” I questioned.

“I'll be paying for the skills so don't worry about it.”

“Alright then.”

Carefully looking through the variety of skills up for grabs I recall that I had gained a coupon for the store, going back to my inventory I clicked on the coupon.

Skill store coupon: A rare item given to the last one to perish on their planet, it grants the owner the authority to purchase one skill from any category for free.

Going back to the skills I select the transcendent category, and carefully scroll through the numerous skills, some of them such as time magic and absolute luck catch my eye. However, I do eventually find the three transcendent skills that I want.

System Message: The innate skill “Knowledge of the Ages” has been selected and applied to a transcendent skill slot, the following will be applied.

  • Transcendent effect: Karma gain permanently increased by 300%
  • Legend effect: when a skill reaches max level it will have a higher chance of evolving into a skill of a higher form.
  • Hero effect: The chance to gain “enlightenment” is increased when training.
  • Soldier effect: language comprehension skill (lvl max) added.
  • Civilian effect: you gain a photographic memory as well as heightened mental functions.

System Message: The innate skill “Creation” has been purchased and applied to a transcendent slot; The following will be applied.

  • Transcendent effect: Ultimate crafting knowledge unlocked.
  • Legend effect: Cutting edge crafting knowledge unlocked.
  • Hero effect: High end crafting knowledge unlocked.
  • Soldier effect: advanced crafting knowledge unlocked.
  • Civilian effect: basic crafting knowledge unlocked

System Message: The innate skill “innate combat potential” has been purchased and applied to a transcendent slot, The following will be applied.

  • Transcendent effect: gene limiter removed.
  • Legend effect: all combat related skills are 50% easier to obtain.
  • Hero effect: all weapons gain a unique effect when used.
  • Soldier effect: the stats of all weapons are increased by 50% when used by the user.
  • Civilian effect: combat awareness, and flexibility increased

I felt my senses expand; every little detail seemed to pop out at me. A piercing headache assaulted my mind as I felt my perception change, my mind quickly reorganizing itself as every memory seemed to slot into place much like books on a shelf and with just a thought, I could remember anything with nearly perfect accuracy. My headache eventually subsided and after briefly looking around I spotted Thoth.

“How long until I'm put into the Battle Royal?” I questioned.

“A week,” Thoth replied.

“Teach me how to use my skills effectively then.”

“With pleasure.”

End of Chapter 2