• Published 16th Jun 2022
  • 378 Views, 10 Comments

Austin and the Young Six’s Kanto Adventure - Fusionflare374



On Austin’s 10th birthday, he receives a letter from a professor we knew a while back about going to a Pokémon adventure, Austin decides to bring along the Young Six to this Pokémon adventure

  • ...
 10
 378

The Adventure Begins

The group looked at the Pokémon, as the three waited eagerly to be their trainer’s first Pokémon.

“Well… who wants to go first?” Austin asked the group.

“Why don’t you go first Austin. It was your birthday yesterday after all.” Sandbar said to Austin.

“But that was yesterday, today is all of us.”

“Well, you also invited us to your adventure, so why don’t you pick first.” Smolder said to Austin.

“That does make sense. Alright, I’ll pick first.”

“Great! Now, which one do you want as your first Pokémon?” Professor Oak said to Austin.

“Hmm… I think I’ll choose…”

Before Austin could make his decision, he heard a door open behind them.

“Hey gramps! I’m here, bright and early, compared to some others. I’m ready to pick my first Pokémon.” A boy said to Professor Oak.

Just then, the boy looked at Austins group, looking confused and disgusted at the same time.

“Who are all these… creatures, doing here gramps?” The boy asked.

“Ah, Gary, I completely forgot you were coming for your Pokemon. You remember Austin, right?”

The boy, Gary looked at Austin.

“You mean the kid that you tried to make me befriend, but I didn’t because he was a push over?”

Austin and the others looked at him in shock.

“Why yes. Well, he and his friends here are embarking on their own adventure, and they are choosing their first Pokémon.”

“But you said I would get my first before anyone else.”

“Well, you should’ve came here earlier than them.”

Gary looked at Professor Oak with his arms crossed. Austin sighed and looked at Professor Oak.

“It’s alright if he gets his first, I can go before him next.” Austin said to Professor Oak.

“Are you sure Austin? You were here first.” Professor Oak said to Austin.

“I’m sure of it.”

“… very well then,” Professor Oak looked at Gary. “Gary, you may pick your Pokémon first.”

“Hah, about time,” Gary said as he went over to the Pokemon. “I know what I’m choosing,” Gary said as he grabbed a pokeball and sucked the Pokémon in a red beam. “Thanks chump, now I know why your such a push over, your too nice to people you just met.”

Austin looked down, feeling sad. The Young Six and Wingsdings looked at Gary in anger.

“Well, I’m going now, my cheerleaders won’t cheer without me. Smell you later, losers.” Gary said as he opened the door and closed it on them.

The group looked at the door, looking angry at them, however Austin felt sad by Gary’s mean name calling.

“The nerve of that guy!” Smolder said with her teeth bared.

Professor Oak sighed, feeling embarrassed. “Do apologize for my grandson, he’s just excited to be a strong trainer. Are you alright Austin?”

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

“Alright, well, luckily I have a spare Pokémon for you to chose for three of you lucky trainers.” Professor Oak said as he went to a machine and pressed a button.

As he pressed a button on the machine, a poke ball popped up from the bottom of the machine. The machine opened its glass dome and Professor Oak took it and opened the pokeball and a Pokémon appeared.

“Squirtle!” The Pokemon said excitedly as it came out of its poke ball.

“Their, now you may chose your Pokémon now.” Professor Oak said to Austin.

Austin looked at the three Pokémon and thought for a moment. He then finally made a decision.

“I choose… Charmander.” Austin said.

“Char? Charmander!” Charmander said excitedly as it jumped to Austin.

“Excellent choice Austin. Now, who’s next?” Professor Oak said to the others.

“I shall go next, if that’s not an issue for anyone.” Wingdings said to the Young Six.

The Young Six shook their heads. Wingdings went over to the two Pokémon and thought. After a few seconds, he made his decision.

“I choose… Squirtle.” Wingdings said to Professor Oak.

“Squirtle!” Squirtle said excitedly as it approached Wingdings.

“Excellent choice Wingdings. Now, who will chose Bulbasaur?” Professor Oak asked the Young Six.

The Young Six looked at each other, and made a group huddle. After talking for a minute or two, one of them will chose Bulbasaur.

“Yona will pick the Bulbasaur.” Yona said to Professor Oak.

“Bulb, bulbasaur!” Bulbasaur said excitedly as Bulbasaur went to Yona.

“Perfect! Unfortunately for the rest, I don’t have anymore starters left.” Professor Oak said to the rest.

“Are you sure their isn’t any left?” Sandbar asked Professor Oak.

“Well… I do have one other Pokémon, but it’s a bit… rude to beginner trainers.”

“Could you show us?” Wingdings asked Professor Oak.

“If you wish so…” Professor Oak went to a metal table and the center piece opened up and revealed a poke ball with a lightning bolt symbol on it.

Professor Oak took the pokeball and opened it. The light beamed out of the pokeball, and it began to take shape. The light disappeared and it appeared as a round, yellow mouse.

“Pikachu.” Pikachu said cutely.

The group looked at it with awe, and Austin took his Pokédex and opened it up.

Pikachu, the Mouse Pokémon. A electric type.

Pikachu that can generate powerful electricity have cheek sacs that are extra soft and super stretchy.

Silverstream went over to the Pikachu, giving it a hug.

“Awwwww, this thing is so cute. I want this as my Pokémon!” Silverstream said as she hugged Pikachu tightly.

Pikachu changed it expression to an angry look. Suddenly, lightning started to form from its cheeks. As the lightning began to form, it shot out to everyone in the room, shocking everyone. As the lightning was gone, they were covered in ash, and they fell down on the ground.

“Urgh… nevermind.” Silverstream said, dazed.

Professor reopened the pokeball and a red beam took Pikachu back to the pokeball.

“Well, I guess I’ll keep this Pokémon for now, or until a late Pokémon trainer comes and takes it,” Professor Oak sighed. “Well, that’s all the Pokemon we have, but I’ll give you all six pokeballs for you. Now before you go, their are something’s you will need to know, but I’m pretty busy to explain it all, so instead, I’ll hand you this booklet that has everything you need to know. Here you go Wingdings, I’m sure you can take care of it. ” Professor Oak said as he took a booklet and handed it to Wingdings.

“I will take care of this booklet.” Wingdings said to Professor Oak.

Professor Oak nodded and gave six poke balls to each of them. Professor Oak looked at the group, as they are putting the poke balls in their bags.

“Now, you are all ready for your journey ahead of you. Good luck to you all, and safe travels.”

“We will, thank you for everything Professor Oak.” Wingdings said to Professor Oak

“Anytime. You take care now.”

The group nodded and they went to the door and opened it, waving back at Professor Oak before they left. They made their way out of Professor Oaks lab and made their way to the stairs. As they were heading down the stairs, they saw Gary, talking to a guy wearing pajamas. They saw a large group of people holding signs and cheerleaders. Wingdings saw him angrily, activating his eyes to a blue and orange color. Austin, however, put his hand on him, shaking his head. Wingdings looked at Gary, but his eyes went back to his white pupils. Wingdings suddenly surrounded the group in shadows and disappeared. They reappeared on the dirt road, far from Gary and his crowd. The group began to walk on the dirt road, until a vehicle started to drive right by them, covering them in dust.

“Smell you later losers!” Gary laughed at the group.

“Gah! What’s his problem?!” Sandbar said in a angry tone.

“He’s just cocky, but that will be his downfall.” Wingdings said annoyed.

“Come on guys, that guy won’t ruin our fun, right.” Austin said to the group.

“Yeah, Austin’s right. That jerk won’t ruin this for us.” Smolder said.

“Yeah!” The others yelled in unison.

“Agreed, now let’s see here,” Wingdings said as he pulled up the booklet Professor Oak gave. “Their is a city nearby named Viridian City, but we have to go to route one to get to the city, maybe we can get you guys your first Pokémon along the way.”

“Well, that’s good at least, we can get our first Pokémon from there.” Sandbar said to the group.

“I guess so, yeah.” Gallus said.

“Alright, let’s get going then.” Wingdings said.

The group went forwards on the dirt road and they were approaching a forest. As they went into the forest, they saw many types of Pokémon on the floor, in the sky and even in the trees. They also saw a sign “Route one” written on it.

“Alright, should we try to find you guys your first Pokémon?” Austin said to the Gallus, Ocellus, Sandbar, Silverstream, and Smolder.

“Yeah, let’s do it.” Gallus, Ocellus, Sandbar, Silverstream, and Smolder said.

“Alright then. Sandbar, Silverstream, and Smolder will go with Austin. Gallus will be with me and Ocellus will be with Yona. Does everyone agree with these groups? Wingdings asked the group.

Austin and the Young Six nodded and they went to their little groups.

“Alright, now let’s split up and be back on this spot. Wingdings said as he summoned a large bone and stuck it to the ground.

“Right!” Austin and the Young Six said to Wingdings.

“Now before you go, you must know a few things. On the booklet, it says that when you encounter a Pokémon and you enter a fight with your Pokémon, you first must weaken it for it to be captured. If you try to capture it first, it will most likely break out of the poke ball and escape.”

“So we fight it, weaken it, then capture it?” Gallus asked Wingdings.

“Exactly. But for you guys that don’t have your Pokémon yet, so we will use our Pokémon first to help weaken it, then you will use your pokeballs. Understood?”

“Understood.” Austin and the Young Six said.

“Alright, now let’s split up.”

Austin, Sandbar, Silverstream, and Smolder went to the left side of the area. Gallus and Wingdings went to the middle area. Ocellus and Yona went to the right area. As Austin, Sandbar, Silverstream and Smolder went to the left side of a dirt road, they were surrounded by trees and tall grass. They saw many Pokémon around the area, but they were far away for them to catch.

“So… who wants to get their Pokémon first?” Austin asked the three.

“Maybe I can go first, if any pony doesn’t object that is.” Sandbar said to the group.

“Nah, go ahead Sandbar, I’ll wait.” Smolder said to Sandbar.

“Yeah, I’ll wait too.” Silverstream said to Sandbar.

“Okay, I’ll go first.” Sandbar said to Austin.

“Alright, when you see a Pokémon you want, I’ll weaken it and you catch it. Okay?” Austin said to Sandbar.

“Okay.”

As the four were going down the dirt road, a pikachu appeared on the road.

“Oh look, a pikachu. Austin, can you fight it for me? I want to catch it.” Sandbar said to Austin.

“You want me to fight the Pikachu? Why didn’t you take the Pikachu at Professor Oaks lab?” Austin replied.

“Well… that one looked mean. This one, looks… more friendly.”

“Well… alright then. I’ll help you with this.”

Austin went towards the Pikachu, as it looks at Austin. Austin took out his poke ball and he threw the pokeball.

“Charmander, Come on out!” Austin yelled out.

As he threw the ball, it opened up and a white glow flashed out the pokeball. The light started to disappear and out came Charmander.

“Char!” Charmander said.

As the Pikachu looked at Charmander, it readied itself for battle.

“Now… let’s see what you have for attacks,” Austin said as he looked at his Pokédex. “Okay… Charmander, use scratch!”

“Char!” Charmander yelled out.

Charmander charged at the Pikachu, claws ready to strike. As Charmander was about to scratch the Pikachu, it dodge the attack. Just then, the Pikachu let out lightning from its body and hit Charmander, knocking him down to the floor.

“Charmander, are you okay?” Austin asked Charmander.

Charmander slowly lifted himself and looked at Austin, nodding.

“Good, now, use scratch one more time.”

“Char!”

Charmander charged at Pikachu once again, ready to scratch the Pikachu, but it dodged but jumping in the air.

That’s what I wanted. Austin said with a smirk.

“Now Charmander! Use scratch one more time in the air!”

Charmander jumped up on the air. Pikachu looked surprised as Charmander came towards Pikachu. Charmanders claw hit Pikachu, making Pikachu fall to the floor.

“Pi… ka.” Pikachu said weakly.

“It’s weakened, quick use your poke ball!” Austin said to Sandbar.

“Right!” Sandbar said as he took out a poke ball out of his bag.

Sandbar got the pokeball and threw it at the Pikachu. The pokeball hit Pikachu and opened up. A red light came out of the poke ball and grabbed the Pikachu, sucking it into the pokeball. The pokeball started to shake on the dirt road, having a red light glow on the centre of the pokeball

1 shake…

2 shake…

3 shake…

Click

The centre of the pokeball stopped glowing and it was quiet.

“… did… I catch it?” Sandbar asked, breaking the silence.

“I… think you did. Why don’t you grab the ball and see for yourself.” Austin said to Sandbar.

Sandbar nodded and went to the pokeball. He grabbed the pokeball with his mouth and used his hoof to press the center of the pokeball. The pokeball opened up and a white flash appeared. The light faded and Pikachu appeared.

“Pikachu!” Pikachu said happily.

“Hey, it worked, you caught Pikachu!” Silverstream said happily.

“Way to go Sandbar.” Smolder said to Sandbar.

“Thanks guys, but I wouldn’t have caught Pikachu if it weren’t for Austin.” Sandbar said, looking at Austin.

“It’s no problem, just helping out is all,” Austin said with a smile. “Charmander, return!” Austin pointed the pokeball at Charmander and a red beam took Charmander.

“Char.” Charmander said before it was back in the pokeball.

“Hey, now that you two have Pokemon, we can go with one of you, it will be faster, I think.” Silverstream said to the three.

“Yeah, that’s a great idea Silverstream! Sandbar, you can take Silverstream, and I’ll take Smolder.” Austin said to the three.

“Sounds good Austin. We will go to the forest and see if their is any Pokémon nearby.”

“Okay, stay safe you guys. Be sure to go on the dirt road and find where Wingdings bone is when we go back.”

“Don’t worry, we will.” Sandbar looked at Pikachu and pointed the pokeball at it. “Pikachu, return!”

“Pika.” Pika chi said before the red beam took it back to the pokeball.

Sandbar and Silverstream went to the right and into the forest, while Austin and Smolder continued down the dirt road.

In the forest, Sandbar and Silverstream were wondering in the forest. The light was barely visible by the giant trees as they went in. They saw many Pokémons within the forest like bugs, birds and many more. But what caught Silverstream’s attention was a small bird, pecking the ground.

“Aww, that bird looks almost like me,” Silverstream said as she took out her Pokédex out of her bag and pointed at the bird Pokemon.

Pidgey, the Tiny Bird Pokémon. A normal/flying type.

Very docile. If attacked, it will often kick up sand to protect itself rather than fight back.

“Ohhhh! I want it as my partner! Sandbar, could you please help me?”

“Well, if you want it as your partner, I’ll help,” Sandbar said as he took out his pokeball. “Pikachu, come on out!”

The pokeball opened up and the white flash appeared. Once the light disappeared, Pikachu appeared, ready for combat. Pidgey looked at them, started to flap their wings and flew up the air. The Pidgey flapped it’s wings forwards and a gust of wind emerge. The strong winds was strong enough to almost blow away Pikachu. As the gust reduced, the Pidgey tried to escape.

“Oh no you don’t. Pikachu, use thundershook!”

“Pika!” Pikachu jumped in the air and lightning came off its body.

The lightning went toward the Pidgey and shocked the it, causing the Pidgey to fall from the sky.

“Now’s your chance Silverstream, throw your pokeball!” Sandbar said to Silverstream.

“Right!” Silverstream said as she took a poke ball out of her bag.

Silverstream threw the pokeball at the Pidgey. The pokeball made contact and started to suck the Pidgey inside. The pokeball closed and fell to the floor. As it landed on the floor, it began to shake, the red light glowing in the center of the pokeball.

1 shake…

2 shake…

3 shake…

Click

Silverstream gasped happily and hugged Sandbar tightly.

“Oh my gosh! oh my gosh! I did it! I caught a Pidgey!” Silverstream shouted excitedly, causing several Pokemon around to scatter.

“Great… job… Silverstream… could you… let go of me… please.” Sandbar said, struggling to breath.

“Oh, my bad.” Silverstream said as she ended the hug.

Sigh, thank you. We should get back with the others, maybe they had their luck catching their first Pokémon.” Sandbar said. “Pikachu, return!”

“Pikachu.” Pikachu said as a red beam took it and brought back inside the Pokeball.

“Yeah, let’s get going!”

Sandbar and Silverstream turned around and went back to the dirt road where Austin and Smolder departed.

Meanwhile with Austin and Smolder, they kept going the dirt road, seeing nothing on sight.

Sigh, maybe we should go back to the others. This road isn’t getting us anywhere.” Smolder said to Austin.

“Wait, I thought I saw something up ahead.” Austin said to Smolder.

“Come on Austin, let’s just go back.”

Sigh, alright, let’s go back to the others.”

The two turned around and went back with the others. However, as they turned around, a purple like rat creature was on the road, sniffing the ground.

“What is that?” Smolder said as she took out her Pokédex and pointed at the purple rat creature.

Rattata, the Mouse Pokémon. A normal type.

Will chew on anything with its fangs. If you see one, you can be certain that 40 more live in the area.

“A Rattata you say? Well… better than nothing. Alright, help me out will you Austin.” Smolder said to Austin.

“Right,” Austin said as he took out his pokeball. “Charmander! Come on out!”

Austin threw the pokeball and opened up, revealing the white glow. As the glow disappeared, revealing Charmander.

“Charmander!”

The Rattata looked at Charmander, narrowed its eyes and readied itself. The Rattata began to charge at the Charmander.

“Dodge it Charmander, then use scratch!” Austin commanded Charmander.

“Char!”

Charmander dodged Rattata’s tackle and scratched the Rattata. Rattata fell to the floor, but got back up.

“Huh, this Rattata is kinda strong.” Smolder said, slightly impressed.

“Charmander, use scratch one more time!”

Charmander nodded and ran up to the Rattata, scratching Rattata over and over again. The Rattata fell to the floor, looking injured.

“Huh… that’s a bit… extreme. Smolder, nows your chance, catch it!” Austin said to Smolder.

“Right!” Smolder said as she took a poke ball out of her bag.

Smolder threw the pokeball at the Rattata, opened up and suck the Rattata inside the pokeball. It landed on the ground and started to shake.

1 shake…

2 shake…

3 shake…

Click

Smolder smiled and grabbed the pokeball and put the pokeball in her bag. She turned around and gave Austin a thumbs up, to which he did too.

“We should probably go back with the others, they’re probably waiting for us.” Smolder said to Austin.

“Agreed. I wonder what kind of Pokémon they got? I’m curious.” Austin said to Smolder.

“Well… we will have to see. Come on, let’s get going.”

“Right, Charmander, return!”

“Charmander.” Charmander said as a red beam took it and brought it back inside the pokeball.

The two went straight ahead towards the dirt road. As the two were coming to where Wingdings bone was placed, they was Sandbar and Silverstream in front of them. They united with the two and proceeded to walk along the road. As they were approaching the bone, they saw Gallus, Ocellus, Wingdings and Yona, looking slightly disappointed.

“Hey guys, did you find any luck?” Austin said to the other four.

“Sigh, no. I tried to help Gallus catch a Pokémon, but he tried to do it himself, trying to pounce on the Pokémon, which escaped.” Wingdings said, giving a unimpressed look at Gallus.

“Hey! I wanted to catch it myself, the pokeball didn’t work, so I did it my way.”

“Even though I told you I’ll handle it!”

“Whatever.”

“Ocellus and I almost caught a Pokémon, but it got out the pokeball and escaped. After that we searched for more, but no luck.”

Ocellus nodded embarrassed. Austin nodded and smiled at them.

“That’s fine everyone, we can find more Pokémon along the way.”

“I hope so, we can find some eventually, what about you guys. Did you catch any?”

Austin nodded at the three and they took out their pokeballs.

“Come on out!” The three said.

The three poke balls opened up and three white lights appeared. After the lights disappeared, a Pikachu, Pidgey, and Rattata appeared.

“Amazing work you guys.” Wingdings said.

“Yeah, way to go you guys.” Yona and Ocellus said happily.

“Yeah… congrats.” Ocellus said.

“Now, shall we proceed to Viridian City?” Wingdings asked the group.

“Yeah.” Austin and the Young Six said.

“Good, now follow me, I know how to get out of here.”

The group nodded and they started to make their way out of route 1. As they finally got out of the route, they were on a cliff, seeing the amazing view of a city. Viridian city.

To Be Continued…