• Published 22nd May 2022
  • 369 Views, 4 Comments

When the Bomb Drops - digitalmk06



With the help of Equestria's government-issued pamphlets, the Mane 6 builds a shelter and prepare for an impending nuclear attack, unaware that times and the nature of war have changed from their amazing memories of World War II.

  • ...
11
 4
 369

Chapter 5: The Attack

As the air-raid siren comes to a stop, a biggest flash appears across Equestria, destroyed many electronics devices and power supplies (that became known as Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP)).

Everypony across Cloudsdale, Ponyville, Crystal Empire were starting to panic as they're trying to get home or find a shelter.

This causes massive damage to communications across Equestria.

At around 16:00pm, it happened. a nuclear bomb has detonated at Las Pegasus, Canterlot and Ponyville, it caused many ponies to cover their eyes, this is due to the heat wave is extremely powerful, causing second and third degrees burn.

Meanwhile, in Ponyville, everypony (expect for the Mane 6 who were shelter inside Twilight's Castle) saw the mushroom clouds, they're screaming for their lives and somepony accidentally pee on herself, then. strong winds appears, destroying many windows, and one of Rainbow, Applejack and Rarity's daughters; Applebloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle saw the incident. as they crawl out of the wall, they're shocked.

Scootaloo then said, "Sweet Celestia! They done it!" she stares at the mushroom clouds dramatically.

Then, both Applebloom and Sweetie Belle then said; "THEY DONE IT!!!"

Sweetie Belle then shouts, "Come on, girls! let's find a shelter as quickly as possible!"

Scootaloo said "Okay!" and she, Applebloom and Sweetie Belle rans away to find the shelter (This is the last time we see them as they were instantly wiped out by the heat and blast).

Meanwhile in Crystal Empire, Shining Amor, Princess Cadance, Starlight Glimmer and Spike shuts the door.

And hide with Fluffy Heart to protect her at all costs. (However, just like the CMC, they didn't make it as well.)

Back at Ponyville again, 500 megatons of the bomb has fallen onto Ponyville and then Canterlot as follow.

This has leds communications into chaos.

Discord somehow disappeared into the different timeline of Equestria.

as he said to Fluttershy in the skies before he go. "Goodbye my friendly pegasus." he cries sadly and into the portal he goes. (As of result, Discord has occasionally survived the blast).

At Canterlot, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna saws the mushroom clouds as great BIG dust from the blast is now approaching towards Ponyville and Canterlot.

Celestia knews this was it. It is the end of the world.

Luna hugs Celestia one last time as the great heat and blast enter their castle which causes to go white, resulting them, dead.

The blast has destroyed everypony houses and buliding and then the blast is now approaching Twilight's Castle.

The Mane 6 keep their heads under the shelter as long as possible.

Widespread of fire appears across Equestria. As of result, approxiately many ponies had died from the blast, fallout and the heat and so many of them were burning alive, and many of them are dying! Both from heat strokes, and gasing.

Within minutes after the blast became uncontrollably powerful, many pegasus, in Cloudsdale were nosedive down to Ponyville and was later follow by death. Within minutes.

This. is nuclear war.

The blast uncontrollably breaks through Twilight's Castle, destroying many windows, the paintwork and also the bedroom!

Tons of things that were in Twilight's Castle, damaged or destroyed. but the Mane 6's backpack seems to have survived the disaster. As the blast heading towards there portrait, which then occurs a flashback to the days when they defeat Nightmare Moon, Discord, Crystallis, King Sombra, Tirek, Cossy Glow, Storm King and Grogar. The flashback stops as the glass of their portraits shattered and drops to the ground. the fire has arrived. though the Mane 6 were still in the shelter. After 1 minute. It went all quieter. The Mane 6 got up and tired. They didn't know what is going on. but Twilight got up in the right time.

Twilight then said, "Sweet Celestia."

"Argh. gosh darn it!" said Rainbow Dash

"Well I never!" said Rarity

"Well, I... I suppose... that was it." explained Rainbow Dash

"I should think so." said Pinkie Pie

"Sweet Celestia". said Rainbow Dash

"You all right, yall?" asked Applejack

"Yes, thanks, Applejack." said the five ponies

"Oh, dear. I do feel all shaky." said Fluttershy

"Never mind, ducks. We're... We're still in one piece, eh?" said Rainbow Dash

"Yes, I think so". said Fluttershy

"Wasn't it light?" asked Pinkie Pie

"Yes. Terrific. You get terrific light with these bombs." said Rainbow Dash

"The heat!" said Rarity

"I know. Phew! It's still hot now." said Twilight as she used her torch.

"I wonder how far we are away from the epicentre. Or was it the hypocentre? I can't remember." said Twilight

"What's that, Twilight?" asked Applejack

"Well, it's the centre of it all. You know, the... the bull's-eye, sort of. Bang in the middle. Or...Or middle of the bang, rather." explained Twilight

"I should think we were bang in the middle, Twilight. A direct hit. Oh, just look at all that glass." said Rarity

"No, no, it couldn't have been a direct hit, Rarity. We would have sustained greater damage and suffered greater casualties." said Twilight

"Don't talk to me about damage. Just look at those curtains!" said Rarity

"Yes, but it would have been much worse at the epi-hypo thing, Rarity." said Rainbow

"I don't see how it could have been much worse. I'll never get them clean. I'll give them a good soak tonight. Blessed Germans!" said Rarity sadly

"Russkies, Rarity." said everypony (expect Rarity)

"Mm! The shelter stood up well, didn't it? Applejack and I constructed it in compliance with governmental specifications." said Fluttershy

"I hope the cushions aren't spoiled." said Rarity

"I think some of them blew off in the blast." said Pinkie

"I do like nice cushions." said Rarity

"Yes, but there's more important things at the moment, Rarity." said Rainbow

"And curtains. Cushions and curtains. I'd better get out and put them in soak now." said Rarity worrying about her cushions and curtains, and before she was about to exit the shelter, Rainbow shouts at her.

"Stay in!!! " shouted Rainbow

"Don't you shout at me, Rainbow Dash." said Rarity as she turns around looking at her.

"But it's the whole point, Rarity. This is what the shelter's for." said Rainbow

"But the blessed bomb has gone off already." said Rarity

"Yes, but the fallout is falling out now. See?" said Rainbow Dash

"No, I don't see. I can't see any soppy fallout. I'm getting out." said Rarity and then she was shocked

"Just look at all that mess!" she screamed.

Twilight uses her magic to bring Rarity back into the shelter

"No. No! We must stay in. We must do the correct thing." said Twilight.

She then noticed around the room that it's getting dark.

"Come on, now. It's late. Let's get to bed." said Twilight

As they went to bed, Rarity noticed a box of sand at her side and then stared at Rainbow Dash.

"Whatever is this box of sand for, Rainbow Dash?" she asked

Rainbow said nothing.

"It had better not be for what I think it's for. I've told you what I think about that subject already. Bomb or no bomb, Putin or no Putin, I'm going to go to the toilet in the proper manner! shouted Rarity

"No, Rarity, it's not an earth tray. The governmental directive says it's for cleaning plates, an'that." said Rainbow Dash

"Cleaning plates?" asked Rarity

"Why shouldn't we wash them properly, and dry them on a nice clean tea towel? We washed up properly all through the war." said Applejack

"Well, it's to conserve emergency water supplies, girls." said Twilight

"What is the world coming to?" said Rarity

"You see, dear"... said Rainbow before Rarity interrupts her.

"Don't talk about it. My poor old mother would have a fit if she knew." said Rarity sadly

"Yes, but..." said Rainbow and then Rarity interrupts her again.

"Drying plates in an earth tray! Catch me eating off a plate covered in sand! You'd be the first to complain." said Rarity

"Rarity." said Rainbow

"A bit of grit in your winkles and you're spitting and splattering all over the place." explained Pinkie Pie

"Tomorrow, you can put that thing outside for someone's cat, where it belongs." said Rarity as the Mane 6 went to sleep.