• Published 1st May 2022
  • 175 Views, 0 Comments

Book 2: Operation Black Abyss - efug25g



Luster Dawn is sent up to the northern sector of the galaxy to intercept the evil aliens that threaten to bring all of Equestria to its knees with a doomsday weapon.

  • ...
 0
 175

Prologue: The Assassination on Sacreus

Author's Note:

At the start of this story's prologue, after Prisoner and Savior part 2, I'll explain further detail about everything that the previous antagonist went through before she was reformed as well as how she was assassinated in her own palace by her own people. After that, I'll go over Luster Dawn's adventures with the UFF and the SRA in the next chapters.

Five Years Earlier before Luster Dawn was sent by Queen Twilight Sparkle to aid the UFF and the SRA..........

On Sacreus, Empress Vanista and Lord Hampt are both sleeping at the moment before starting another day of peace with Equestria and the other alien races. Inside their Royal chambers from within their citadel, Vanista gets out of bed first before getting her bearings. For Hampt, he is still catching some Zs while the rest of him is behind the bed covers. All around her, Vanista sees that the entire room is painted with red and blue walls filled with purple tapestries hanging above her from the ceiling.

On her right, Vanista sees a master bathroom were she uses every morning to take a bath to cleanse herself of all the sweat she felt in her sleep. Eager to start a new day, she went into the bathroom to take a nice hot bath as she took off her nightwear before entering the master bathtub filled with water. While feeling the water soak down on her bare body and on her lovely long hair while bathing, Vanista relaxed for a moment before going over all of the sins that she had committed over the past several years on the day she self-proclaimed herself Empress.

Queen Twilight of Equestria may have accepted Vanista's forgiveness at last, but it doesn't change the fact that the other alien races are still not going to take Vanista's repentance kindly. Ever since Vanista was denied of initiating anymore peaceful trades to the other alien planets, she didn't know how to go about it. In fact, she didn't even know who to blame during that time. When she stumbled into her hope for salvation deep inside the palace's secret underground caverns, Vanista didn't even think twice about the consequences in inheriting such dark powers. Even though its been years since that day, Vanista still remembered it like it was yesterday.

Vanista could still hear the dark voices in her mind. It was telling her that there is still more planets to conquer out there. Her mind is spiraling into chaos from the fact that Vanista is still seeing all of those jeering, sneering alien races scorning and ridiculing her with nasty threats left and right. She can't stand hearing all of those negative thoughts inside her head; personally, she wanted to make all of this stop. So, Vanista kept carrying out her personal vendetta endlessly as she took over like 2/3 of the entire galaxy, hurting every creature for making her miserable. Even then, it's still not enough as the dark voice kept tempting her to do more and more.

Ultimately, Vanista was thankful that she met Queen Twilight. If she hadn't, Vanista will never understand that there is more ways to resolve such suffering and humiliation. She never found it in her heart to do so until Vanista finally met her match against the young alicorn ruler of Equestria. Also, she still remembered the words that Twilight told her when using her own personalized translator.

"I didn't really wanted to snap at your people like that but let's face it, Vanista. You and your people brought all of this vile horsecrap upon yourselves and for what?! Some plague?!"

Ever since Vanista faced a major defeat by the hands of a strange pony with supernatural powers rivaling to that of hers, Twilight already pointed out several things to her that she was actually right about.

"You are lost!! No pony likes to listen to a tyrant!!

Vanista still remembered what happened after she went back to her homeland Sacreus. She couldn't really surrender to the forces of Equestria and the UFF yet since she still has the other territories that are under her grip. She still felt like a stubborn fool to think that she and her men will still fight Equestria after losing her chance to raze Canterlot for over the past 5 years of war. However, because of her foolishness, the Sectanium Empire has lost control of more than 12 planets when Twilight's former mentors and Equestria's heroes aided the UFF in achieving their freedom throughout that time. Their powers slowly pushed back against her Warriors of their mind-controlling abilities after every battle won in their wake.

As soon as Equestria and the UFF have reached out to Sacreus, Mage Meadowbrook sneaked into the outskirts beyond the borders of Krenthal City to conduct her work in finding the source of the Red Virus. After one month of searching for data, Meadowbrook discovered Vanista's hope for salvation on a granite mountain in the southeastern areas outside of Krenthal City known as Mount Baalurus. There, she found a patch of floral plants filled with red-orange colors known as the Vermillion Lotus which is used to counteract the effects of the Red Virus. After mixing the Vermillion Lotus with the Black Granite Rocks, Mage send in a several large crates of the serum to Krenthal via teleportation straight to the entrance of the city gates. Once the Red Virus has been taken care of, Mage pointed out that the source behind this disease came from the gaseous caves in west of Krenthal. So, Vanista ordered her construction workers to seal off those caves permanently to ensure that the Red Virus will no longer be let loose on her home planet ever again.

Feeling relieved that her people are finally free of the Red Virus at last, Vanista has given up dominating every planet including Equestria for she can no longer stay competitive with Twilight's reigning power, nor can she deny the Queen of Friendship of the way she is. Shortly, a few months later after signing in the peace treaty, Vanista was able to receive ways to help her people with the aid of Commander Xuliana, Lord Hampt, and her newly appointed Royal Advisor Duke Ayantis Poland.

While continuing to bathe, Vanista still remembers her last visit in Equestria to go over her peaceful trade with Queen Twilight three months ago. At the same time, Vanista starts to doze off and slowly closes her eyes as she lets herself disappear into the water, completely submerged with bubbles appearing and popping up at the watery surface.


While Empress Vanista and Queen Twilight are having lunch together inside the palace of Canterlot, she felt a hefty sweet tooth when tasting the sandwiches filled with fresh, diced fruit and salad. They are both sitting across each other alone as their guards are all waiting outside of the dinning hall for them to finish up. After their lunch, Vanista became the first to ask about Twilight's actions after their 5-year war between both of their races.

"I still don't understand why would you be helping me even after our fight here. Why are you being so nice even though we were enemies back then?"

"Why does it matter? I'm doing all this for you and Xul." Twilight said, hearing Vanista questioning over her generous acts. "Equestria is usually about the Land of Harmony and Friendship. There will always be ways to rebuild your friendship with Xul and Pam. In fact, you're not the only creature here that made such mistakes like that. So, its not too late to start over again. I already told you that, didn't I?!"

"Well then, I don't know how to repay you after your doctors were able to save my planet from the Red Virus." Vanista said hesitantly. "I also want to apologize for doubting your generous offers."

"Oh, its fine. Other than that, you don't owe me anything, Vanista." Twilight smiled.

"It may not be any of my business, I can't help but wonder, were you even afraid of the neighbors residing near your country? Did they even threatened or humiliated you and your ponies back then?"

"Yes, but only for awhile. When it comes to resolving issues with the other races, things like that just take time. I wasn't born yesterday." Twilight said as she took a sip of Apple cider from her glass, lifting it up with her magic. "First of all, Spike and Rarity were able to make amends with the dragons and the changelings. Pinkie was able to understand the Yaks before they almost declared war on us ponies. Rainbow was able to rebuild her friendship with Gilda and the other griffons before they migrated in Ponyville. Applejack was able to help resolve a dispute between her fellow earth ponies and the buffalos in Appleloosa, as well as helping the Kirin regain their self-confidence in their normal speech. We only fought a few of them because they just get too carried away or that they misunderstood us."

"What about your reign in Equestria? Why do you think they would let you do this??"

"Look Vanista, I may not be born of royal blood like you are. I may not come from any royal ancestry. But since every pony and creature in this country knows me really well, none of that really matters to them no more. In fact, my family background does not matter to my pony friends or Celestia anymore because I was able to accept how my friends are able to find ways to placate the other creatures hence why I was able to get along with most of the other nations residing in Equestria in the end. Celestia and Luna would've wanted that. When I put them all together, it was like this: They all appreciated of how I was able to display the charity, compassion, integrity, devotion, optimism, and the leadership of what a true ruler would inherit, not just by gaining power. Did you ever learn any of that from your parents?"

"I don't think I did. My father was always diligent, fearsome, and assertive. And my mother was very busy with maintaining all of those interstellar trades with the other planets bridging them with Sacreus. Because they were both under a great deal of stress every day in Sacreus, they never supported me when I was still under the mercy of those living on Earth when I went to school there. They even took their frustration out on me during my lectures when I got called back to the palace in Sacreus. My childhood life was hell and Xul wasn't strong enough to protect me from those bullies back then."

"It's all in past, Vanista. You might as well stop living in that zone since your not a child anymore. Aren't you grateful that I helped saved your country from suffering?" Twilight said, not wanting to hear any negative details from Vanista no more.

"Why, yes I am." Vanista said, nervously.

"Then, you can still learn from me if you want since I already have the best advisors living with me in Canterlot now. And I always consult with them first before taking matters in my own hooves. I'm sure your son Prince Hulian would be honored to understand friendship too, since he is in Ponyville socializing with the locales there while on vacation right?!"

"Why certainly. Also, I do want to see how is our trade route going between this planet and ours." Vanista replied with a smile on her face, finally changing to a better subject.

"Most of my ponies appreciated the granite jewelry that you sent to them after we traded it in with some of our crates filled with spare diamonds." Twilight grinned with delight, before laughing to herself. "You should see what Rarity did to the granite jewelry brought into her fashion boutiques."

"Now that you mentioned it, why don't we go see how your friends and Hulian are doing in Ponyville, shall we?!" Vanista asked, feeling delighted that her trades with Equestria is booming with a positive result.

As Vanista and Twilight stood up from their seats, they both left the dinning room together as they make their way out of the palace while being escorted to a nearby Royal Airship before heading down to Ponyville.


While still submerged, Vanista's chest was slowly burning up a bit yet she is still taking it easy while underwater. However, her relaxation while bathing abruptly came to an end when Vanista heard terrified shouts coming right outside her bathroom.

*CRASH!!! BOOOM!!!*

"HEY!! Who are you?! What do you think you're doing?? STOOOOP!!!"

*FLASH!!*
*BLAM!!*
*BLAM!!*
*SHINK!!!*
*GURGLE!!*
*THUD!!*

What the hell was that??!!

Alarmed by a sudden scary noise, Vanista's eyes opened wide as she emerged from underneath the bathwater, gasping for air as she quickly grabbed a nearby white towel hanging onto her right before wrapping it around her body, with the cloth held underneath by both her armpits. At the same time, Vanista grabbed her gun from the sink in front of her before bursting into her bedroom, totally soaked underneath her towel with a few water drips on her bare skin and hair.

As she entered her bedroom while aiming her gun towards her sights, Vanista sees a horrifying twist of events all around her. She spots that her husband and royal consort Lord Hampt is seen lying in a pool of blood with a dagger plunged into his neck. To her left, the stained glass windows have been shattered with small pieces scattered all over the floor into front of it.

The next thing she knew, the lights in her bedroom turned on only for Vanista to see three dark figures standing in front of a dead Lord Hampt, dressed in shadowy cloaks and armed with plasma daggers and hand-held blasters. One of them unveils his cloak only to reveal himself to be someone that Vanista is familiar with through her point of view.

"Commander Kilo??" Vanista gasped as she aimed her gun at the figure standing in front of her. "What is the meaning of this???"

"Sorry Empress Vanista, but I'm not your commander anymore!!" The unveiled figure replied in a sinister voice. "Since you have made several decisions that I didn't agree with, you no longer have any place amongst us Sectaniums, nor does the rest of your children do. So, it's time to reshape Sacreus' regime my way!!! Once we're done with you, we'll go after your son and heir next."

Upon hearing this, Vanista realized that her son is also in danger too. Impulsively, Vanista had only one thing to do to keep him from hurting her son.

"NO!! I WON'T LET YOU DO THIS!!!" Vanista shouted as she fired her gun at the dark figure.

*BLAM!!! BLAM!! BLAM!!*

Despite her efforts to bring her attacker down, the figure reacted by raising his hand towards Vanista the moment she fired her gun. In a surprise, the figure used some sort of strange gauntlet on his hand, emitting a round psychic, purple glowing barrier shield that blocked all of the bullets heading towards his face.

*PING!! PING!! PING!!*

*VVVVHHHHMMMMMM!!!*

*PSSSHINK!!!*

In a fast act of aggression, the figure charged at a very fast pace and drew out his plasma dagger straight before thrusting it's blade towards Vanista's heart, piercing it as she bleed profusely before collapsing onto her bedroom floors in front of her bathroom.

*THUD!!!*
*CLACK!! CLACK!!*

When a dying Vanista fell onto her stomach while bleeding from her chest, she looses her grip on her gun before muttering her last words as blood came spilling from her mouth.

"T-T-T-Twilight! X-Xuliana!!! H-H-H-Hulian!! I-I-I'm sorry........"

Just like that, Vanista slowly closed her eyes, this time for good while tears came down from her face.

Upon seeing the Empress fall before their might, letting her bleed on the floors inside her bedroom, Vanista's killer takes out his comm to report his success elsewhere.

"This is Kilo. We have taken down the main targets. Over?!"

"Good work!! Now have your team head down to the rendezvous asap!!"

"Yes sir!!" Kilo's voice acknowledged as he ordered his men to escape the room through the shattered windows.

As soon as Kilo and his men disappeared out the windows, the silence resumes as two dead bodies are lying on the floor across each other, with their hands touching one another before the lights in the room went out again. Now, the Empress and the Royal Consort are both sent straight to the afterlife, no longer aware of their surroundings.


Meanwhile 30 minutes later in the Grand Hall inside the Sacreus Palace, most of alien rulers and government officials including Queen Twilight, Prince Hulian, and King Pilorni are getting restless when they notice that Empress Vanista and Lord Hampt still haven't shown up yet. Just when the nervous murmurings are getting intense, Commander Xuliana steps in from behind Hulian.

"Everyone, I think I'll go see what is taking those two long." Xul announced before she immediately left the room.

Down the corridors, Xul still remembers walking through this area during her first days while serving Vanista as one of her guards. It's just like old times, isn't it. When Vanista finally came to her senses, she apologized to Xul and Pam for not listening to her from the start. Xul did remembered that Vanista would always get up at 6am, wash up, and get dressed before starting a new day of peace in Sacreus, since she signed in Twilight's Peace Treaty. At first, Xul thought that Vanista is still feeling worried about seeing all of the faces that she tormented years back. However, it was thanks to Twilight that Vanista finally warmed up to her and to Xul.

So, why didn't Vanista show up today?? Xul thought. Did something bad happened to her?!

Xul shook her head, not wanting to think about any grim outcomes, as she proceeded further into the corridors leading to Vanista's and Hampt's bedroom chambers. The moment Xul stopped in front of the door, she tried knocking on it lightly to see if they're both up. The next thing she knew is that, blood started coming out from underneath the door as it seeped into Xul's boots, much to her confused fright.

BLOOD??? It can't be......

Realizing something bad just happened inside their room, Xul took out her handgun as she readies it before bursting in.

*BAM!!*

With just one thrust kick, Xul shoved the door open and aimed her gun towards the room in front. At first, all she sees is a dark room unable to get a full glimpse over its surroundings. However, just as Xul turned on the room's lights, her eyes widened with fear.

The moment she sees a motionless Vanista and Lord Hampt lying in a pool of their own blood, Xul shrieked as she alerted her own guards to the scene.

After her good memories with Vanista, starting all the way back to her childhood while eating ice cream and biking around earth with Pamela to serving as part of Vanista's army in Sacreus, Xul's friendship with Vanista came to an end once again. This time, Empress is now dead at Xul's feet for there is no more hope for her childhood friend. Twilight may have brought Vanista back to Xul, but this time she can't. It's all over for the reformed Empress of the Sectanium Race.

When Xul's men came behind her, they all gasped in horror before one of them raises the alarm all over the Sacreus Palace. At the same time, Xul came running down the corridors at a very fast pace before heading back to the Grand Hall.

Startled by a blaring noise, the alien rulers and government officials felt confused over what is happening. Before any creature could say anything, Xul burst into the room only to bear bad news.

"EVERYONE!!! EMPRESS VANISTA RANTU IS DEAD!!!" Xul shouted out loud in pure terror.

"WHAT?? NO!!! MOTHER!!!" Prince Hulian shrieked as he stormed out of the grand hall.

As for Queen Twilight and the other alien rulers, they all gasped in horror as they are lead out of the palace by their own personal guards. When Twilight turned her head around before heading out, she sees Xul and Hulian disappear to the other side.

"I thought for sure that Vanista will be able to live a better life after I saved her country from the Red Virus. So why? Why did she die? Did some creature out there still have a grudge against Vanista despite her reformation? Or is it worse than just personal grudge??" Twilight thought as she disappeared out of the Sacreus palace. "Something is telling me that the danger out in space is still far from over!!!"