• Published 21st Mar 2022
  • 1,182 Views, 29 Comments

Harmony's End - Vanity



Six Elements, Six Friends, Six Different Ponies at Harmony's End.

  • ...
6
 29
 1,182

Laughter

Hi, Twilight.

Sorry if I'm not... myself. Not a lot of things seem funny these days.

But we're trying! Me and Cheese Sandwich are making the rounds wherever we can, Cloudsdale, Skyfields, even stopped off at the Wonderbolt Academy - or what's left of it. Being an official Friendship Ambassador is hard work! Always more crowds to speak to, more hooves to shake, more lunches to attend to... well, okay. I don't mind the last one so much!

I wish I could say we're seeing the results we wanted, but the truth is most of the Pegasai seem more upset than ever. They all seem to think Rainbow has the right idea, and honestly, they do make some good points. Those Unicorns really did treat them like... well, like they were just... nothing. The streets are filled with Pegasai packing their bags and flying north, and it doesn't take much guesswork to figure out where they're going.

Of course, most of the Unicorns I get to meet to see it the other way. They think those gems should belong to them, and they think the Pegasai are just big mean bullies who are jealous they don't have any magic. It's awful, Twilight. I know I'm supposed to be looking on the positive side, but unless something changes soon, I'm worried there won't be any coming back from this. I know we - all of us - can get through this together, but there's got to be more talking, less... less of this.

Maybe you should invite Rainbow Dash to Canterlot so you can discuss a solution, together? I know it'll be hard to talk to her, but what else are you going to do? Because believe me, Twilight, ignoring this? It's the absolute worst thing you could do.

Again, give my love to Applejack. It must be hard, her and Rainbow not talking any more. I wish I'd been able to speak to her before I set off, but Big Mac told me she's not in a state to see anypony. I just hope she's taking care of herself. Oh, and Cheese Sandwich is such a gem, never seems to get tired, or angry, or upset. I just don't know what I'd do if I didn't have him by my side. Tell the Cakes I hope Lil' Cheese is behaving himself, and that we both miss him loads. We'll be back as soon as we can.

Oodles of love and big squishy hugs,

Pinkie Pie (and Cheese Sandwich)