• Published 28th Jun 2022
  • 225 Views, 4 Comments

Babysitting a Princess - Badguy400



Flurry Heart needs babysitting once again. Takes place in the same adventure universe with Sombra and Flurry Heart

  • ...
 4
 225

Chapter Seven: A Weird Encounter

Sombra and Flurry Heart arrive to see the entire castle even more in ruins than it was before… . Decorative banners in shreds, wood splinters everywhere, and last but not least, an entire decorative chandelier in shambles; along with some other debris too.

“What… happened… here… ?” Sombra asked in shock and horror; amazed and yet stunned that the entire castle; (which was his by the way), was now in ruins and trashed… . Whomever could’ve done all this must’ve been one messy, or one clumsy burglar… . Either way, he’s not happy.

“When I get to the bottom of whoever did this, I am gonna lose it!” Sombra said in anger. Flurry Heart nodded too with an angry look as well, and replied with; “yeah! Nobody messes with my fwiend!” Sombra suddenly smiled with a snicker, and then said; “aside from Discord of course.” Flurry Heart began to smile and laugh, before replying; “yeah… . Exactly. Haha!” They both then laugh because they’re remembering the countless times that Discord pranked their pals, and sometimes Flurry Heart’s family members… .

Eventually it was abruptly cut short by a crash. Frightened, Flurry Heart hid behind Sombra, and whimpered; “w-w-what was that?” Sombra chuckles, grins, then says; “I think it’s our little burglar friend… “ before using his magic to conjure up a baseball bat hologram, and says while wielding it; “let’s give them a nice warm welcome… “ before approaching to where the noise came from slowly. Flurry Heart followed as well; cowering in fear, yet with horn glowing at the ready; just in case the intruder were to blindside Sombra somehow… .

Sooner or later they arrived at the source of the noise to find a strange, and yet familiar looking creature. Realizing who it is, both Sombra and Flurry all sigh and groan as they really don’t wanna deal with whatever “this” is… . So with that they both hid their weapons away, approached the being, and then Sombra asked; “alright Discord, what gives, hmm? Why’re you here?” Discord was apparently knocked out; as he was sprawled out while lying in a cradle full of debris.

Not wanting to deal with this any longer, Flurry Heart went to the kitchen to get something, returned with a sippy cup of water, gives it to Sombra to allow him to open it, and then Sombra used it to splash water onto Discord’s face; causing him to wake up. “W-w-w-w-what’s happening?” Discord exclaimed as he’s sputtering from being awoken like that. Sombra then approached Discord, and then said; “I don’t know, you tell me… . You’re the one that broke in here and ruined my castle. See?” He then gestured as to where all the destruction was… even the one that Discord was lying on. With that, Discord blushed, stammered an apology, and snapped his claw to turn everything back to normal, and left from embarrassment.

Sighing since they’re now both feeling bored, Sombra and Flurry Heart both went to do separate things, and vowed to meet each other again should the need arise.


Few hours later… .

Sombra and Flurry Heart are eating dinner together, albeit with one minor difference… . The Cake Twins are here, and so is Pinkie Pie. Reason… ? Possible dinner plans, just visiting, it’s a mystery.

“So Pinkie… “ Sombra began as he’s pausing to eat for a bit. “What have you been up to lately? Aside from being in Sugarcube Corner of course.” Pinkie then blushed with a smile, and then replied; “just making sure the Twins don’t fight each other while I’m watching the place, hehe… .” Sombra nodded, then said; “that’s fair. No worries… .” and then went back to eating.

After dinner, Pinkie, Sombra, and Flurry Heart then went to the castle’s living room, so that way the Cake Twins can be entertained somehow… . Since of course, there’s not that much to do in Sombra’s castle. The Cake Twins first suggested that they just go out of the castle and explore together. They all agreed at first, but eventually denied the Twins’ request; on account that they knew when the moon was gonna rise, and the sun is gonna set. Then Flurry Heart decided to take an early bedtime. Again, everyone agreed at first, but eventually denied that request since it was still too early into the night, and that none of them felt tired yet. Flurry Heart was eventually given a fruit flavored popsicle, and patted on the head as a reward for following in her parent’s hoofsteps… . And the Twins got some too due to their whining from not getting one as well.

Few more hours later… .

“Ugh… “ Sombra said as he’s gotten a raging headache. Why does he have a headache?
It’s simple… .

“Remind me to never do ‘that’ again… okay… ?” Pinkie said as she’s placing an ice pack on top of her head. “Got it!” The Twins replied as they both nodded their heads; agreeing that Pinkie should’ve never done what she just did, again. What exactly did she do that caused her and Sombra to both have headaches… ? That’s an easy one.

Hours before the incident that unfolded… .

“Alright! Are you ready Pinkie?” Sombra said as he’s rubbing his shadow hands together. “Ready!” Pinkie responded as she’s looking determined. With that, Flurry Heart and the Cake Twins waved some colored napkins in the air, and chanted; “on your marks… ! Get set… ! Go!” And with that, the ice cream eat off has begun. Yes you heard right, the ice cream eat off.

Now… as some, or most readers would’ve believed, they’d think that this was all Pinkie’s idea, right? Actually… that’s wrong. Now… as mentioned before, the gang were all thinking as to what they should do before the ice cream eat off suggestion. Sombra then said that maybe they should do a gladiator battle, but with wooden weapons and pillows as shields of course… . But they all eventually declined as they soon found out that there wasn’t any pillows in the castle that could’ve proved useful into using for their little game… . Not to mention that they looked expensive looking, and are just for decoration. So they just avoided all that.

Next, Pinkie has came up with the idea for a snow day inside the castle! But again, like usual, the group all declined it for various reasons… . The main one being that Sombra only knows shadow magic and basic alchemy. He doesn’t even have a clue on chaos magic, and or on how to wield it without actually backfiring on him… . So with that, they digressed. Eventually it came to what transpired… . Snap! “I got it!” Sombra said after he snapped his shadow fingers as he’s just thought of something. “ice cream eating tournament. You in?” Pinkie then smacked her hoof on the table with a determined look, and said; “I’m in… !” while also smiling with the look.

Which now brought the group to that ice pack predicament. That’s all… .


Three hours later… .

“I’m sleepy… “ Flurry Heart whined. Poundcake just shrugs, and then says; “so what do you want? We can’t exactly tuck ourselves in… . Could we?” Pumpkin Cake placed the book that she was reading down on the couch, got off the couch, and then said; “no.. we can’t. On account that the only grownups here are taking the only rooms in the castle to rest up.” Pumpkin Cake then tried to take deep breaths; as she’s starting to feel cranky from still being awake past her bedtime. Poundcake yawns and then says; “I’m just gonna go ahead and sleep on the couch. You coming with?” Because of what her brother said, this gave Pumpkin Cake an idea. “I’ve got it! Wait here.” After that, she teleported away with her magic, and soon reappeared with some blankets and pillows. “Let’s make a bed on the floor and sleep together… . What do you think?”

Poundcake is tapping his chin due to slight hesitation, but then Flurry Heart walked to Pumpkin Cake with slight tears in her eyes, and then hugs her. Pumpkin Cake sighs, pats Flurry’s back, and then looks towards her brother before saying; “please hurry Pound… . I don’t think she’ll enjoy staying up any longer… yawn. And neither will I.” Poundcake sighs, then says; “fine… “ and then walks to begin setting up the makeshift bed. “But this is only for tonight. Got it?” Pumpkin Cake nods, and then pats Flurry’s shoulder before looking towards her, and says; “let’s go to bed, okay? We’ll see what happens tomorrow. Okay?” Flurry nods, says; “owkay… “ and then starts sucking on one of her hooves because she’s feeling sleepy. Pumpkin then shook her head, says; “you little baby… “ and then walks with Flurry to help Poundcake set up their bed for the night.